Madeleine & Chris's Wedding: Wedding Guest Fashions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by NGalitzine
The Scandinavian Royals Message Board: Bad style?

Any idea who these 2 ladies are? Their cups certainly runneth over at yesterdays wedding.

The first is Caroline Olsson, who was called a "jetset-queen" in Swedish newspapers. The second is Mia Parnevik, the wife of professional golfer Jesper Parnevik. The Parneviks are good friends of Chris and Madeleine, Mia works at World Childhood Foundation.

:eek: I'm having a hard time believing that they looked at themselves in a mirror before they left home. This defines the saying "more money than class".

ITA agree that money can't beg, borrow, steal or BUY one class.

Olsson and Parnevik CERTAINLY didn't pick up those outfits at Goodwill. And BOTH of 'em look like they should be on the stroll in the street or warming up some barstool in a hotel somewhere.

Frankly, they shouldn't've been allowed inside the church.

And the really SAD part about it is, they actually think they look appropriate and pretty!

Lord knows, if they DIDN'T think that they looked appropriate, they NEVER would've gone out of their front doors almost dressed up top as they are!

Wonder why their husbands/partners would allow themselves to be seen in public with them, dressed like THAT?

MY husband CERTAINLY wouldn't've gone out the front door with ME in EITHER of those "outfits"!

wow the husband is much older than her 30 years may be?

Henry D'Abo is born in 1953. I haven't seen Tatjana's birth year in internet, but since she is older than Natascha von Abensberg und Traun (born 1968), their age difference is less than 15 years.
Tatjana is from Eva's first marriage and Natascha from second.

The royal ladies are all so slender....so,elegant and refined

How could the Church people let them enter the church... Vulgar, vulgar....

Anna Westling Söderström looked lovely in that stunning red dress.

I agree, she looked very beautiful in the red dress

How could the Church people let them enter the church... Vulgar, vulgar....

Well to be fair they were invited guests and Ms Olson does appear to be carrying a wrap in her hand so likely was able to cover up in church. Probably Mrs Parnevik had one as well.

Perhaps they (church, others) didn't want a scene to be created which mostly likely would have if this individual wasn't allowed into the church. Everyone who was tuned into the wedding would have seen this and it wouldn't be pretty.

I don't know this lady personally but knowing how some celebs are I could just see it, "What, I can't come into the church. How dare you insult and embarrass me like that. Do you know who I am? Well, I'm coming in anyway. Try to stop me."

You can imagine what would happen after that. Instead of people talking about the wedding, they would be talking about the altercation over the dress and this person being denied access to the church.

I agree that the dress was very tacky. In poor taste, IMO. Unless the church had a written dress code or on the wedding invitation there was a dress code, there wasn't much anyone could say or do about how someone dressed for the wedding.

I totally agree :ermm:

Well, Christ welcomed Magdalen, tax collectors, lepers...?

I also have to say, that in the US the majority of bridal gowns are strapless these days. I think it shows a lack of imagination in our culture - but churches take their money and do the ceremonies. Granted, we have our own ways, here.

Last edited:
The ladies you refer to were tacky. Just because a dress is strapless, doesn't mean it is in poor taste. If it is well fitted, it is fine. And God deserves a laugh, too.

The ladies you refer to were tacky. Just because a dress is strapless, doesn't mean it is in poor taste. If it is well fitted, it is fine. And God deserves a laugh, too.

Agreed!

And as some of us have already noted: These two took it TOO far!!!

SOME US churches absolutely WON'T permit this kind of dress.

ESPECIALLY if it's the BRIDE who's apparently doing the pretty-much-loincloth-and-bra-top deal!

No joke, a friend of mine told me a few years back that at HER church, her pastor had instituted a hard-and-fast rule for brides who expect to marry in HIS church . . .

HE had to see their dress FIRST, and approve it!

Of course, everybody can put two and two together and figure out that he showed up to conduct a wedding service, and apparently the bride in question was dressed like a minor-league stripper that was halfway through her routine, or something!

Well, far as I know, years after hearing this story, his rule is STILL in effect, and anyone who can't or won't allow him to view their wedding outfit prior to the service is welcome to be united in marriage ELSEWHERE, by someone ELSE.

And they're still welcome in his church as church members, if they care to be, after their wedding service elsewhere. No harm, no foul on the questionable wedding attire and having to be married at another location. far as he's concerned!

:lol:

Last edited:
Henry D'Abo is born in 1953. I haven't seen Tatjana's birth year in internet, but since she is older than Natascha von Abensberg und Traun (born 1968), their age difference is less than 15 years.
Tatjana is from Eva's first marriage and Natascha from second.
I thought Tatjana was with her father too when I first saw the pictures.
She must be pushing 50 and he is only 59! Maybe he is ill, or has been.
Compare him to GD Henri of Luxembourg, a couple of years younger.

Please, does anyone knows who is the designer of the dress worn by Layla Khosrovani?? It is the same worn by Princess Silvia d'Arenberg.

:previous:

I believe I read that the gown Silvia and Layla wore was from Valentino.

ETA: Here is a compilation of Valentino's Spring 2013 collection, scroll to the very bottom to see the dress on the runway.

Last edited:
Perhaps they (church, others) didn't want a scene to be created which mostly likely would have if this individual wasn't allowed into the church. Everyone who was tuned into the wedding would have seen this and it wouldn't be pretty.

I don't know this lady personally but knowing how some celebs are I could just see it, "What, I can't come into the church. How dare you insult and embarrass me like that. Do you know who I am? Well, I'm coming in anyway. Try to stop me."

You can imagine what would happen after that. Instead of people talking about the wedding, they would be talking about the altercation over the dress and this person being denied access to the church.

I agree that the dress was very tacky. In poor taste, IMO. Unless the church had a written dress code or on the wedding invitation there was a dress code, there wasn't much anyone could say or do about how someone dressed for the wedding.

Frida Bergström, partner of Victor Magnuson (Princess Christina's son) was also in a shoulder-covered but front revealing dress.

http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/hovbloggen/files/2013/06/Skarmavbild-2013-06-10-kl.-13.08.19.png

I hate sometimes the press
Expressen has a poll: Which one was more stylish at the wedding, Victoria or Madeleine?
Victoria leads by 70 % to 30 % after almost 2700 people have answered
Kronprinsessan tar hem veckans stilseger Mode Modenyheter Modereportage Trender Tips Expressen

Although I agree that Victoria looked more stylish, it isn't right to make a poll about the bride and her sister.

Agreed. The press are stirring the pot. Let us NOT help them do it here on the forums. They are two different women with different lives, goals, loves, needs. Let's celebrate that - not set up a comparison.

Last edited:
I hate sometimes the press
Expressen has a poll: Which one was more stylish at the wedding, Victoria or Madeleine?
Victoria leads by 70 % to 30 % after almost 2700 people have answered
Kronprinsessan tar hem veckans stilseger Mode Modenyheter Modereportage Trender Tips Expressen

Although I agree that Victoria looked more stylish, it isn't right to make a poll about the bride and her sister.

I completely agree with you. It's unfair to compare the two weddings with each other

:previous:

I believe I read that the gown Silvia and Layla wore was from Valentino.

ETA: Here is a compilation of Valentino's Spring 2013 collection, scroll to the very bottom to see the dress on the runway.

Oh many thanks Jess !!!:flowers: You are totally right, it is a Valentino!!! I am in love with that dress :)

I completely agree with you. It's unfair to compare the two weddings with each other

They didn't compare the two weddings, they compared Victoria and Madeleine at Madeleine's wedding on Saturday.

Sofia Hellqvist's dress was from Göran Alfredsson from Thalia, her earrings and ring were from Maria Nilsdotter.
Sofia Hellqvist klänning på prinsessan Madeleines bröllop | Hovbloggen
The earrings "Snake Leaf Earring - Double Gold Plated Silver"
SNAKE LEAF Earring-Gold Plated Silver | Maria Nilsdotter
The ring "Snake Leaf Ring - Double Gold Plated Silver"
SNAKE LEAF Ring Double-Gold Plated Silver | Maria Nilsdotter

Well, at least she (Sofia) has a sense of humor.

Does anyone have an ID on Chris' mother's dress from the ceremony. It looks like Bruce Oldfield but I'm not sure.

Does anyone have an ID on Chris' mother's dress from the ceremony. It looks like Bruce Oldfield but I'm not sure.

According to Svensk Damtidning Eva O'Neill's outfit was from Valentino, she wears Valentino very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom