Princess Madeleine & Jonas Bergström Break Off Their Engagement: April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just hope that Princess Madelein will take a breack from men and juse the time in US to heal hear heart and think of the futur as a singel for a period of her life...
She has the time for her and alot of things to do with it..

Oh yes, I hope her travel to USA helps her (at least a little bit) to have some ideas organized and be focused on her job :flowers:

I hope she has fun in NYC....there's a lot to see and do there and she should be fairly anonymous.

I just hope that Princess Madelein will take a breack from men and juse the time in US to heal hear heart and think of the futur as a singel for a period of her life...
She has the time for her and alot of things to do with it..

Agree.For the time being I hope she will try and have some good fun in her life again,that she is open to that and learns to
enjoy again,especially as she knows NYC like her back pocket.I hope it won't be too much of a nasty memory on june 19th as we all witness her sister's wedding in Stockholm.And I wish her every possible luck and good fortune.I think we all agree on that for dear Madde.

I thought Madeleine would have a good time but newspapers from Sweden, Norway, etc, sent their photographers to NY. This may be hard for her.

Cool down people! Madeleine certainly knows the right thing to do with her ring ;)

Jonas may now find that going through life as just an ordinary citizen instead of as "the boyfriend of Princess Madeleine"" not so many doors will open for him now. He will just be Mr Bergstrom, and he may realize that his future is not as spectacular as it could have been. So I'm sure he will go through a period of regrets at some point. The princess may take her time now and hope she finds someone well deserving. After all, all a woman wants is someone to love and build a family with.

Jonas may now find that going through life as just an ordinary citizen instead of as "the boyfriend of Princess Madeleine"" not so many doors will open for him now. He will just be Mr Bergstrom, and he may realize that his future is not as spectacular as it could have been. So I'm sure he will go through a period of regrets at some point. The princess may take her time now and hope she finds someone well deserving. After all, all a woman wants is someone to love and build a family with.

I think that Jonas won't even be considered an ordinary citizen for a while; he'll be known as "the guy who cheated on Princess Madeleine" until he's eventually forgotten, and because he will be known for doing that, things might get even harder for him on a few fronts.

I think that Jonas won't even be considered an ordinary citizen for a while; he'll be known as "the guy who cheated on Princess Madeleine" until he's eventually forgotten, and because he will be known for doing that, things might get even harder for him on a few fronts.

How about dating with someone else...One may thing "if he cheated on her, and she's a real princess....:whistling:"

How about dating with someone else...One may thing "if he cheated on her, and she's a real princess....:whistling:"

Exactly. ;)

The only girl who would probably date him now with all of this still fresh in people's minds would probably be a girl who simply want to be in the public view and get attention...though it would be the wrong kind of attention.

I thought Madeleine would have a good time but newspapers from Sweden, Norway, etc, sent their photographers to NY. This may be hard for her.
Well N.Y. is a lot bigger then Stockholm is, so she will have a better time avoiding the press there.

This broken engagement was one of the main stories in the Sydney Morning Herald online. I was surprised because the huge celebration in Denmark, more so Mary's mother-in-law's 70th birthday, didn't make the headlines in this particular paper. Well, non that I saw. Jonas! Jonas! can't believe you would be such an idiot.

:previous:

The breakup was covered by the news organization CNN here in the United States, which surprised me a bit.

And, like you, I haven't heard much about the celebrations in Denmark from any really well established news outlets. I guess it's just not as juicy. :D

Last edited:
The news has been in Huffington post for several days and this evening it was on the Yahoo news site.

The news has been in Huffington post for several days and this evening it was on the Yahoo news site.

I checked HuffPo and sure enough, it's been there for about four days. It's in the style section, though...was it ever on the front page?

Several posts have been deleted as they were quite off-topic. Please remember to remain on-topic and cordial to other members - this means no name calling and use of offensive terminology/abbreviations, appropriate attitudes and no name calling towards the individuals involved in the situation.

Please direct any questions towards the moderating team.
JessRulz
For the Swedish Forum Mods

Are there any updates on Madeleine in New York?

According to Aftonbladet, the king has decided that no one in the family will comment on the separation. The king visited yesterday the county hospital Ryhov University to award a prize. Aftonbladet asked:
- Well, the king has no comment on the broken engagement?
The King didn´t answer. But his eyes said perhaps more than thousand words.
Victoria visited the Institute of International Affairs. She just smiled kindly and shook her head when Madeleine´s separation was mentioned.
Totaltyst från kungafamiljen om brytningen mellan prinsessan Madeleine och Jonas Bergström | Aftonbladet

More details of Princess Madeleine split emerge as she finds solace in work - hellomagazine.com

Not sure whether this has been posted before - but some more suggestions why the couple split including Madeleine's increasing number of breaks to London and New York. It also suggests that Jonas may have been the one to break the engagement once the rumour about his affair went public but it was the Palace who pursued him to wait until Madeleine had left the country for America before the separation was announced.

Whatever the reasons and who ever made the final decision will remain private.

I hope that both parties can move forward

According to Aftonbladet, the king has decided that no one in the family will comment on the separation. The king visited yesterday the county hospital Ryhov University to award a prize.

While I think that the SRF's privacy does need to be respected, I'm not entirely confident in the idea of just staying silent about this whole ordeal is the best way to go about this. Surely there's a better way than to just not say anything? :ermm:

Aftonbladet asked: - Well, the king has no comment on the broken engagement? The King didn´t answer. But his eyes said perhaps more than thousand words.

It's probably just the way this sentence is written, but this makes the King sound really menacing.

While I think that the SRF's privacy does need to be respected, I'm not entirely confident in the idea of just staying silent about this whole ordeal is the best way to go about this. Surely there's a better way than to just not say anything? :ermm:

If the royal household something, they will either ignore it. Or examine it word by word then find someway of twisting it around.
It, in my opinion, is better to stay silent about the matter. Then the less rumours that fly around.

how sad that this has happened to madeleine.......may she find happiness in the future with someone who loves her with all their heart

Do you think that this will effect his career?
I mean, morally/ethically, his reputation has gotten a BIG dent. That is something a lawyer cannot use.

An employee can't get fired for his love life, so as long as hes good at his job he will be fine. But it may reflect badly in terms of up coming promotions, but he wont lose his job. It should only affect his personal reputation, but his professional one long term wont be tanked, (assuming he got his job on merit and not position). Just look at how many politicians cheat and are still able to carry on with there careers.

An employee can't get fired for his love life, so as long as hes good at his job he will be fine. But it may reflect badly in terms of up coming promotions, but he wont lose his job. It should only affect his personal reputation, but his professional one long term wont be tanked, (assuming he got his job on merit and not position). Just look at how many politicians cheat and are still able to carry on with there careers.
Again, that is American way, who knows about a country ruled by royality. I would certainly want my business/company to be on the good side of the king. Our presidents come and go.

Back
Top Bottom