Princess Madeleine & Chris O'Neill, Current Events 1: December 2012 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that. On a plane she can rest, sleep for a while, walk up and down for a while, going to the loo every 5 minutes and receive some massages from her husband. She also doesn't have to smile for hours, make conversation and trying her hardest not to faint. It's a very big difference to the nobels. And maybe she's not even attending the official events of her mothers brithday. Maybe she or the court just hasn't / haven't announced it yet. And maybe there was a little problem and her doctor said she should wait a few days for safety reasons to make the big flight over to Sweden. We simply don't know why exactly she canceled her attendence at the nobels, but we shouldn't hold it against a heavily pregnant woman.

I completely agree with the statement I bolded. I have never been pregnant but I can only imagine how difficult it is for a woman who is very pregnant.

Would it not have been better for the royal court to have not said one way or another if she was going then none of this would have happened as she'd never have officialy been going. If, as has happened, she wasn't well enough to attend they could have said she wasn't ever going to and if she was well enough they could have said she was always going to go.

Would it not have been better for the royal court to have not said one way or another if she was going then none of this would have happened as she'd never have officialy been going. If, as has happened, she wasn't well enough to attend they could have said she wasn't ever going to and if she was well enough they could have said she was always going to go.

This thought also crossed my mind a few times. That would have been best.

People just have to stop looking for the negative in everything. Such negative outlooks seem to me to be an indication of a very sour person.

Being heavily pregnant is not fun. I finished up work in both my pregnancies at 37 weeks. And believe me, it was a struggle to get to work. I would have hated travelling on a plane in the last three months.

In those last months, you're tired and sore. If she's suffering from sciatica, then she would have been ordered to rest. If I had to chose between the Nobels and my mother's birthday celebrations, it would be a no-brainer!

Again, she shouldn't come if she doesn't feel up to it, people who haven't been pregnant cannot imagine what it is like and should not judge, but...
people who have been pregnant shouldn't judge based on their own experience
as mentioned it's different for everybody, and we should also note that we think we can relate to 'mothers birthday' but in her case that's quite different from our own mother's birthdays
plus: the Nobel ceremony is not 'some party' where you attend or don't, if you don't feel like it, it's a work-obligation in a job where you cannot always do as you would like.

The Princess business comes with lots of obligations, more than most of us can relate to based on our own line of business

I agree however that this (not the first time) is an example of bad communication by the PR-people of the SRF

I think Madeleine's are exactly where they should be. There will be Nobel ceremonies next year and the year after and forever after. Her mother will on turn 70 once. I think her decision shows her as a member of a royal family. IMO that shows a woman who's priority is family. I'd be disappointed is she chose the other way around.

http://www.aftonbladet.se...yheter/article17997392.ab
Accodin to Aftonbladet she has Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction (almost every woman during pregnancy suffers it)

Yes, I had it to (I just didn't know how it was called in english). And it's no fun. That much I can tell you. No wonder she wasn't there yesterday.

Again, she shouldn't come if she doesn't feel up to it, people who haven't been pregnant cannot imagine what it is like and should not judge, but...
people who have been pregnant shouldn't judge based on their own experience
as mentioned it's different for everybody, and we should also note that we think we can relate to 'mothers birthday' but in her case that's quite different from our own mother's birthdays
plus: the Nobel ceremony is not 'some party' where you attend or don't, if you don't feel like it, it's a work-obligation in a job where you cannot always do as you would like.

The Princess business comes with lots of obligations, more than most of us can relate to based on our own line of business

I agree however that this (not the first time) is an example of bad communication by the PR-people of the SRF

If you don't feel well when your pregnant you go to your doctor. And if your doctor decides you should slow down and don't do big events like the nobels, you simply don't go to the nobels. No matter if you are a princess or a commoner.

Last edited:
Stoppa pressarna quotes Se & Hör:
It was not the pregnancy that ended Princess Madeleine's participation at this year's Nobel banquet. Instead, it was her husband Chris O'Neill, who forced his wife to stay in New York. The reason for its cancellation involvement should have been the advanced stage of pregnancy.
- It would be hard for me to participate in the long program over the two day,s she wrote.
A source reveals to Se & Hör that Madeleine certainly could have attended at the events.
- Madeleine feels well under the circumstances, and certainly she had managed to attend both the Prize ceremony and dinner. For Chris, it is important to be near his wife like in the final stages of pregnancy, he wants them travel together to Stockholm for Queen Silvia's 70th birthday on December 23. He thought that Madden should stay at home until then.
Chris O’Neill tvingar prinsessan Madeleine att stanna i New York Stoppa Pressarna

Well, good to hear that's she's doing well :)

there are currently rumours that Madeleine and Christopher are now in Vienna.

Aha, and maybe that's part of the plan; that people will become so tired of seeing these same photos that the photogs will stop taking them.:whistling:

The photographers will not go since Swedish tabloids continue to buy these photos. Very soon Leonore will get bigger and cannot be hidden in a pram. Every photo is news.

I'd not like customers walking with their dog into my clothes shop.

The photographers will not go since Swedish tabloids continue to buy these photos. Very soon Leonore will get bigger and cannot be hidden in a pram. Every photo is news.

I'd not like customers walking with their dog into my clothes shop.

It is not just swedish tabloids, also for example finnish tabloids and magazines publish the photos, many times before the swedish ones.

I think the paps are waiting for Victoria to pay a visit... That's only make sense for me... Neither Estelle drew all this attention when she was born!

I think the paps are waiting for Victoria to pay a visit... That's only make sense for me... Neither Estelle drew all this attention when she was born!

The situation of Victoria and Madeleine is totally different. When Estelle was born, Victoria and Daniel walked with her every day in Haga Park, which is a public park and open for paparazzis. But the editors of Swedish tabloids promised that they will not publish any photos of the young family or send photographers after them, as long Victoria and Daniel give the press photos of Estelle to publish. No paparazzi photos have been published and Victoria, Daniel and Estelle walk still almost every day in Haga Park. People write about seeing them in their blogs, Twitter and Facebook. But no one puts photo to internet. Obviously they want the family to have their privacy.
Madeleine doesn't have that kind of privilege in New York and possibly she wouldn't have that in Sweden either.

Svensk Damtidning wrote just a couple of weeks ago that they saw Daniel and Estelle buying three buns from a bakery, but they didn't publish photos.

Last edited:
I see but Madde is not the Crown Princess so I can't get all this harassment...
They started bad rumours as well: All asking "Why has Victoria not gone to USA to see Leonore yet"? All speculations and gossip but I report what I read

Madde is the celebrity in New York therefore she wont get rid of the paps. No comparison to Victoria, future Head of State.

She's a celebrity for the folks back home. There is no coverage of her in the US, just a little mention when the baby was born. Americans have no idea the Swedes have a monarchy.

:previous: I think they are perhaps a little naive to think they could skip the paparazzi by living in NY. Since the coverage seems to be almost exclusively European perhaps it is time to reassess their situation and follow Victoria and Daniel by throwing them a bone or two.

It is a system that seems to be working for the CP couple and would surely be better than being stalked in NY. That photo of Madeliene in a children's clothing shop with her dog sort of makes me wonder if she didn't just duck in there to avoid the cameras.

She's a celebrity for the folks back home. There is no coverage of her in the US, just a little mention when the baby was born. Americans have no idea the Swedes have a monarchy.

No, but for European royal watchers or those who are interested mostly in the nordic country she is.

IMO the paps have nothing to do with a possible visit from Daniel & Victoria. They will be there as long as there is demand from european agencies for such pictures = forever.

Paps are hired, they do their job by taking a picture. People wont get tired to see pictures of the couple walking with the pram, there is always something different, with or without Zorro, Chris looking annoyed etc etc. Very soon Leonore will have grown out of the pram and the business will even be more lucrative.

IMO Madeleine draws the interest on her person by herself by acting still as a princess in sweden with big televised events such as wedding, christening etc, posting on facebook what she does, very unlike the Dutch princes, they always had their privacy and only showed up at royal events when they absolutely had to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom