The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Die Aktuelle is obsessed with the SRF, they are the most popular RF in Germany because of Silvia and attract most readers. Silvia, Victoria & Madeleine clearly beat the BRF in that respect. To get paparazzi photos in London is not difficult, the town is full of them.

What I have never understood is that Sofia is of no interest in Germany, the tabloids are not picking up on her (positive or negative), they stick to Silvia and her daughters.
That certainly is odd. Maybe the staff cares nothing about Sofia, one way or another. They never really cared about Carl either. Maybe just an editorial personal thing.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
BB has the very same pics in the latest magazine issue. According to them Madeleine was out alone to the restaurant The Ivy and when she left, Princess Eugenie arrived. Nothing else.
Do they know each other personally?

Old 11-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Aristocracy

Those pants are indeed very un-flattering on her, to put it mildly ;-)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 11-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, she has given birth few months ago, I don't know what that's all about... they are just pants that she shouldn't have worn... but she was out for a dinner so I don't see the problem... geez, I so hope Madeleine gets a bit of a break...
Old 11-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Nobility

She was not on official duties. What she wears and does in her private life especially outside Sweden is her own decision. I thought there were rules around privacy in 2015.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Serene Highness

Should these comments then be moved to fashion? IMO, that is what we were discussing here. Nothing to do with anything other than whether a particular outfit looks good or not, no other judgments given as far as I can see.

Whether in Sweden or not and whether on official duties or not, Madeline WILL get comments on her choices of clothing, just like Beatrice and Eugenie and any number of other royals. IMO, of course.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Not a good look!!!
Are we all sure this is Madeline? The person looks more Kardashian than Swedish royal family, at least to me. And I thought the Ivy was a US restaurant?
Old 11-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Not a good look!!!
The women in the photos does not look like Princess Madeleine.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:21 PM
Majesty

Is Madeleine turning blonde again?

The skintight leather is not the best idea she's had, but she is still very beautiful imo.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:08 AM
Aristocracy

Just a bit trashy for a mum...and a royal.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:18 AM
Majesty

Maybe. But she is far from the first "Royal mum" who has thought it a good idea to wear skintight leather slacks....Queen Letizia(with red stilettos no less!) and the late Diana Princess of Wales both blazed a trail for the Swedish princess.

I don't like sausage fitting skintight pants on any woman Royal or otherwise, but the DoC does it quite regularly.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:19 AM
Royal Highness

Plenty of mums wear leather pants and I'm sure royals too they just don't get photos of them on a front page. I wish everyone would leave them alone why don't the media follow other family members around.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-10-2015, 12:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

I can see why some say it may not be Madeleine. I did a double-take. If her, she looks very serene and content.

I actually like what she's wearing. I particularly like the jacket paired with the bright colored blouse. The camera flash effect on the pants is a no-win. I'm confident the pants looked fine in-person. JMO.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Are we sure that is Maddie? It doesn't look like her in those pics....

LaRae
Old 11-10-2015, 07:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Just a bit trashy for a mum...and a royal.

I agree. A 33-year-old princess and mother of two children shouldn't be seen dressed like that.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning has part of these photos (not the back view) at this week's issue. Svensk Damtidning tells that Madeleine was at Ivy with Veronica Arph, her friend she has known since she was a child. Veronica is the woman at one photo with Madeleine.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I agree. A 33-year-old princess and mother of two children shouldn't be seen dressed like that.
But it's ok for a princess to sunbath topless or wear a skirt that's does a "Marilyn Monroe"?

In my opinion Madeleine is free to choose to wear whatever she feels comfortable in when not on official engagements, and not be morally judged for that (yes, I think your opinion is a moral judgment, and not about fashion).
Old 12-03-2015, 11:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
But it's ok for a princess to sunbath topless or wear a skirt that's does a "Marilyn Monroe"?

In my opinion Madeleine is free to choose to wear whatever she feels comfortable in when not on official engagements, and not be morally judged for that (yes, I think your opinion is a moral judgment, and not about fashion).
To whom are you referring? You just described Margaret, Camilla, Diana, Fergie, Sophie, Catherine, and Letizia. Frankly, you probably just described all the European princesses, I just don't follow the rest.

It's interesting that you don't belittle/admonish the royal men you've seen topless or bottomless. (yes, I think your opinion is a sexist judgement, and not about fashion).
Old 12-04-2015, 12:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
To whom are you referring? You just described Margaret, Camilla, Diana, Fergie, Sophie, Catherine, and Letizia. Frankly, you probably just described all the European princesses, I just don't follow the rest.

It's interesting that you don't belittle/admonish the royal men you've seen topless or bottomless. (yes, I think your opinion is a sexist judgement, and not about fashion).
Madeleine also had so call Marilyn moments. It just sexist of society and media to brings these moments up like they are concern when in reality they just want to shame women
Old 12-06-2015, 03:30 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

And on that note, let's end this discussion and let's return to the topic of this thread which is General News about Princess Madeleine of Sweden and her husband.

Far-fetched phantasies stated as fact, illogical assumptions and amateur psychology are not part of the topic of this thread. Neither do the moderators enjoy the tactic used by several posters to trash certain royals due to their fandom of another royal.

Tags
chris o'neill, prince nicolas, prince nicolas of sweden, princess leonore, princess madeleine