Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: October 25, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YAY! It's true. That's so exciting. Just when I thought we were done with big tiara events for awhile!! I wish the happy couple the very best.

Wonder if their will be an official interview?

Congratulations to the couple and both families.

He has a great voice. So warm and soft. No question that she felt in love with him.

Official Pictures

PPE Agency Official

Congratulations to Madeleine, Chris and their families!

I bet Bergstrom is kicking himself right now, ha, ha!

Have to confess. I did not see that coming so soon. But I have nothing but good wishes for both of them. And wish them a hearty congratulations.:)

it seeme that they are now in sweden both of them the photos are taken at drottningholm last night

It was a short relationship, wasn´t it? So which royals do you think will attend?

The press probably take a little notice because an American is marrying into a royal family. I'mhoping the Cambridges will attend the wedding. I'm guessing we will see a nice royal trurn out, if that's the kind of wedding they will plan.

That's great news! I also didn't really expect that at all. I'm happy for Madeleine and Chris. Madde looked really happy in the engagement video. A summer wedding sounds great.

:twohearts:

Queen Silvia :rose:
Familjerna grattar till förlovningen | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

part translation>
- The Princess is happy and so are we. He's a real mother's dream, says Queen Silvia told Aftonbladet.
- Chris O'Neill is a very warm, pleasant and likeable person.
Silvia hopes the couple moves to Sweden
Silvia says the royal couple and the newly engaged talked about the wedding, which will take place next year, but no date yet. In the future we hope to Silvia Madden and Chris settling in Sweden.
- Yes, of course. As it is, they are of course in the U.S., but Chris O'Neill is very international. He has lived in England and has a business there, she says.
Silvia also reveals that she has already seen the engagement ring.
- The sparkles as much as the princess's eyes, she says.

My deepest congratulations to the couple !!! I'm so glad that we will be hosting another royal summer wedding in sweden :)

HRHHermione said:
YAY! It's true. That's so exciting. Just when I thought we were done with big tiara events for awhile!! I wish the happy couple the very best.

We don't know yet if it will be a white tie wedding but i'm also hoping for that.

My deepest congratulations to the couple !!! I'm so glad that we will be hosting another royal summer wedding in sweden :)

We don't know yet if it will be a white tie wedding but i'm also hoping for that.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if there was no gala event. The Swedish royal family likes their tiara events, they're not stingy about them like the British Royal Family.

Even if there's not... I can't wait to see the Cameo tiara again.

i was surprised but happy with this news!!!!!!!!
i really hope she gets a grogeous wedding ceremony with a nice royal gathering as she is a Princess of Sweden, i was sure that with Bergstrom it would have been a grand ceremony, but we dont know if Chris likes that, so it will be gambling on what the ceremony will be like.
its just a pity that Estelle will not be the flower girl, she's too young yet.

i was surprised but happy with this news!!!!!!!!
i really hope she gets a grogeous wedding ceremony with a nice royal gathering as she is a Princess of Sweden, i was sure that with Bergstrom it would have been a grand ceremony, but we dont know if Chris likes that, so it will be gambling on what the ceremony will be like.
its just a pity that Estelle will not be the flower girl, she's too young yet.

Maybe she will be flower girl when her uncle marries.

Congratulations to the couple, Madeleine looks very happy. I would guess that the wedding will be at the same level as the wedding of princess Christina in 1974, maybe an late afternoon wedding with dinner afterwards, but no gala event the evening before the wedding.

have we seen the engagement ring? or will we see it in a press conference with the couple like Victoria&Daniel?
Maybe she will be flower girl when her uncle marries.
thats right:D
i wonder if Sofia will feel the urge to get married to after hearing the news.

I wish them well and hope it doesnt end in tears. Madeleine looks very pretty. Chris comes across as a macho type of guy, at least knowing quite well what he wants. I cant see him moving to Sweden or even showing up at events that are not must-attend.
I hope they have the strength to lead a life of their own. Good luck!

Just to add: The little video is one of the silliest things a royal court has provided, ever!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom