The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-30-2012, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Guest Fashions

The joint monogram of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy

Welcome to the thread to discuss the fashions of the guests attending the wedding celebrations of HRH Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy on October 19 and 20, 2012.

This topic will be closed until October 19.

Thanks and happy Posting!

JessRulz, Marengo & Princess Robijn
Luxembourg Forum Moderators

Old 10-19-2012, 06:59 AM
Serene Highness

Here's a list of the guests who will wear NATAN:
Twitter / SydneyLux: Maison Natan has released info ...

Old 10-19-2012, 07:10 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It seems that Mr. Vermeulen is the only person who works for various courts and who they allow to be indiscrete! I wish they would all switch to other designers, also because his designs are seldom flattering.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
It seems that Mr. Vermeulen is the only person who works for various courts and who they allow to be indiscrete! I wish they would all switch to other designers, also because his designs are seldom flattering.
It suprises me that they have released it. It is the first time that they do that.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:08 AM
Courtier

Is this what they will wear at the religious wedding?

I expected (hoped) more Elie Saab for Maria Teresa, Giorgio Armani for queen Paola and Chanel for Astrid while I did expect Mathilde, Claire, Tessy, etc to wear Natan!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Courtier

I am not au-fait with fashion designers at all.

I am, though, looking forward to compiling my "Fashion Hit" and "Fashion Miss" list.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
It suprises me that they have released it. It is the first time that they do that.
Who is 'they'?
It was not the Luxembourg Court but Natan himself who released the press statement for self-promotion purposes.
The fact that he does so is almost as awful as the fact that the appearance of so many royal ladies tomorrow will be ruined by his poorly made, unflattering and un-imaginative clothes.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Who is 'they'?
It was not the Luxembourg Court but Natan himself who released the press statement for self-promotion purposes.
The fact that he does so is almost as awful as the fact that the appearance of so many royal ladies tomorrow will be ruined by his poorly made, unflattering and un-imaginative clothes.
I meant Natan.
Armani also realeased a pressrelease with the wedding of princess Victoria and also Diane Von Furstenberg posted on het website an article when she dressed Mathilde.

I don't see how you can now already comment on clothes that will be worn tomorrow before even seeing them. Everyone was so anti natan with the wedding of Charlene and Albert but afterwords Maxima who wore Natan was with many the best dresses.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Serene Highness

According to Sydney Lux: Princess Alexandra in Dior, Princess Tessy in Ralph Lauren and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa in Elie Saab
https://twitter.com/SydneyLux/status/259287708319490049
Old 10-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Royal Highness

Oh my goodness! A reception, a civil wedding and a gala dinner and that's just for today! So many outfits and dresses it's going to be a busy weekend for us all!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Royal Highness

Alexandra is dressed in a very unflaterring way, it looks bad on her especially around the upper part, it makes her look as if she was pregnant but i like the dress color and her liptick.
MT always likes shining things, she looks good and i like her wild hair.
Tessy looks good too, her ponytail blends well with that type of dress.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Alexandra looks frumpy, awful. The outfit his her body in the most unflattering way possible.

MT looks wonderful and Tessy okay but not great. I wish someone would have worn somehing that wasn't in the drab family.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

MT looked lovely in the Elie Saab creation but unfortunately it was a bit too much IMO for a daytime event.

Tessy looked better than she usually does. Not a bad color at all on her.

Alexandrea, the outfit idea was nice but she didnt pull it off well IMO.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

All I can say is praise the Lord for Stephanie and her family. Alex and Tessy are dressed so terribly, Alex looking so unflattering in every way for her figure, Tessy looks like she's wearing a nightgown.
A relative of Stephanie's was wearing a gorgeous blue suit I got a glimpse of it, and Stephanie herself has on the perfect suit. She needs to ditch the heels, I hope she does for the coming events.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Can someone post pictures of Alexandra and Tessy. I can't seem to locate any. And, yes, although Maria Teresa's ensemble is stunning, the gold color is a bit much for a mid-afternoon ceremony.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Alexandra

http://i48.tinypic.com/5klllc.jpg

Princess Tessy

http://i45.tinypic.com/o0a44n.jpg
Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
I meant Natan.
Armani also realeased a pressrelease with the wedding of princess Victoria and also Diane Von Furstenberg posted on het website an article when she dressed Mathilde.
Did DVF dress Mathilde for a wedding? which one?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 AM

Has it been determined yet if tonight will be a tiara evening? :)
Old 10-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Serene Highness

I am an admirer of Tessy, but I think she looks either pregnant or out of shape in this photo. Princess Alexandra, as others have stated, is dressed very badly. I guess the best one can say for this is that the family may not think only about how to make a big impression on the public. They are sort of "down home."
I can't see any of the other pictures people mention...have looked at all the supposed "live streaming links", none has any live pictures that I can see here in America.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think Tessy or Alexandra look bad-but it's their posture that betrays them.

Tags
countess, fashion, guillaume, hereditary grand duke, lannoy, luxembourg, royal wedding, stephanie, wedding