The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-21-2012, 12:40 AM
Serene Highness

She had begun to walk better in the past few days, but after the tiring wedding, with the heavy train, she started to walk in that clumpy way. I believe that when she's tired she just walks that way to keep balance on those very high heels. If she wore lower heels she would not need to walk this way to retain balance. If a person is going to set up a handicap like a heavy long train, she will compensate in her walking, that is, if she is sensible like Stephanie. I don't like "trains" on dresses, especially heavy long ones.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel1 View Post
I believe that when she's tired she just walks that way to keep balance on those very high heels. If she wore lower heels she would not need to walk this way to retain balance.
Do we know that she was wearing high-heeled shoes beneath the wedding dress? I haven't seen any pictures of what shoes she was wearing.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:17 AM
Nobility

It has been a real pleasure to me to see, so far, a few photos and a short video of this wedding-day. "Belle Epoque" were the words that came to mind, seeing the lovely bride's gown and the bride's attendants; I loved the blue on the child attendants, put me in mind of Gainsborough's Blue Boy. Very pretty colour.
My respectful and sincere good wishes to the happy couple.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:23 AM
Serene Highness

You guys are probably right, she was very tired from the heels and the dress. I can not blame her for that. I was just surprised is all. Other than that she was a lovely bride and congratulations to the lovely couple. :)
Old 10-21-2012, 02:49 AM
Aristocracy

Such a beautiful couple. I thought that the dress really suited her and she looked fantastic.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I suspect that the women who wore these very short skirts are airheads.
An hilarious assumption, seeing as the majority of people wore skirts of coats above the knee, even some royals. Just because you pick a dress that sits above your knee does not make you stupid, the girls in that first picture look beautiful.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancakli70 View Post
Thanks!, Another photo of them from the wedding [Link]
Old 10-21-2012, 04:39 AM
Nobility

I like the Stephanies' dress, it has wow factor to me.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:36 AM
Courtier

Do we know if Felix girlfriend Claire attended?
Old 10-21-2012, 06:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
Do we know if Felix girlfriend Claire attended?
Yes, she was at the weeding -->
pressphoto.lu - Mariage Princier
Old 10-21-2012, 06:41 AM
Courtier

I also liked how they said their vows. Only the sentences with the names in were said seperately, the rest they said together.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Gallery
Prince Guillaume Of Luxembourg and Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg are married in royal wedding – - Mercury News Media Center

A spanish photo gallery
Galeria: Boda Real en Luxemburgo
Old 10-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I found a picture that's just lovely

http://i45.tinypic.com/6dwhvo.jpg
Old 10-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Stephanie's dress is simply stunning. The shape is beautiful and it's nicely executed. The embroidery is exceptional. At first I thought there was too much embroidery but now it doesn't seem to bother me. It's a gorgeous dress. Maybe the only negative point is the fact that the train was too heavy which made Stephanie walk weirdly. Her walking is usually quite unbalanced already so the fact that the train was so long impeded her from walking graciously. I wonder why elie saab didn't offer some suggestions on that.

Maria teresa's dress choice is questionable. That colour is perhaps the most inelegant and doesnt suit her morphology at all.

I like maxima. She carries off that hat wonderfully. I'm glad she chose bolder colors. Mary also did a nice choice with bold colors unlike letizia who chose those boring pastels again.

The couple is just great though. They make an excellent Duo. Maria Teresa looks over the moon with Stephanie. I loved how she held her hand and kissed her in the balcony. You can just feel the complicity!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Fun, fireworks and fabulous music as Luxembourg celebrates the royal wedding

PPE Agency
Old 10-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
. I suspect that the women who wore these very short skirts are airheads.
I thought the dress Stephanie wore to Estelle's christening was too short so I guess according to you Stephanie is also an air head.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Nobility

TubeChop - Luxembourg Royal Wedding 2012 (Part I) (00:25)

TubeChop - Le gotha mondial au mariage luxembourgeois (00:11)
Old 10-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

After finally watching the entire ceremony(thank you You Tube, RTL was impossible)
there were so many things about it that really just stood out.
First of all, the archbishop was so sincere, kindly and really seemed to know and comfort the couple. THAT is unusual.
Mostly, the heavy, heavy weight of grief carried by the Lannoy family, I believe they are still in shock, disbelief.Sudden, unexpected death can be much harder.
Also, the number of very frail, elderly relatives attending. Namely, AD Jean, Stepanies father, and Q Fabiola.
The latter factors contribute to a weight the couple was bearing. Their joy and strength and familial support triumph!
Old 10-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Royal Highness

A great HQ picture of Frederik and Mary to the wedding in Luxembourg
Source: Kongehuset.dk

http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe/...xembourg-2.img

Source: kongehuset.dk
Old 10-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Serene Highness

I like the dress more and more. I only wish she had not wore Saab the night before, it was too much, but the wedding dress is a piece if art.

Tags
church, countess, guillaume, hereditary grand duke, lannoy, luxembourg, prince, religious, royal wedding, stephanie, wedding