The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by missMaryanne View Post
what i really liked about the wedding was the royals that i like: the danish, dutch, norwegians and sweedish.

andrea bocelli's performance was spectacular.

the wedding was beautiful, but albert and charlene made me feel the same thing felipe and letizia made me feel on their day: a total emptiness. no emotions(and when charlene showed some emotion, albert looked at her very angry, "don't cry!"). IMO, she loves him, but for him, she's just the "baby machine" that will help him to get andrea out of the throne's path.

sorry, that' s what i see and think. i only feel sad for her, because she really loves him.
We didn't see the same video of Charlene crying...I saw Albert stare at her for a moment then whisper and squeeze her hand quickly. Sure he looked a little embarrassed and awkward, but certainly not angry in the least.

Then they embraced again on the church steps...why would they have done that if he was angry?

I don't know how you could see that video and miss those moments.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
We didn't see the same video of Charlene crying...I saw Albert stare at her for a moment then whisper and squeeze her hand quickly. Sure he looked a little embarrassed and awkward, but certainly not angry in the least.

Then they embraced again on the church steps...why would they have done that if he was angry?

I don't know how you could see that video and miss those moments.
I agree with you! I was also thinking there must be two different videos making the rounds. I saw no coldness whatsoever between Albert and Charlene, and plenty of tender moments. I hope time will prove us right and that there will soon be some little Grimaldis for us to watch grow up!

Old 07-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by missMaryanne View Post
what i really liked about the wedding was the royals that i like: the danish, dutch, norwegians and sweedish.

andrea bocelli's performance was spectacular.

the wedding was beautiful, but albert and charlene made me feel the same thing felipe and letizia made me feel on their day: a total emptiness. no emotions(and when charlene showed some emotion, albert looked at her very angry, "don't cry!"). IMO, she loves him, but for him, she's just the "baby machine" that will help him to get andrea out of the throne's path.

sorry, that' s what i see and think. i only feel sad for her, because she really loves him.

It is a kind of harsh, IMO, to say "to get Andrea out"; I am sure PA adores Caro´s kids and I do not think he sees as a duty to avoid Andrea of being the Heir. Andrea may not be the ideal candidate for this position, maybe Pierre accommodates it better, but in case Albert had no children, I do no think he would feel uncomfortable with his nephew in his place one day...
Old 07-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Courtier

This is the weirdest wedding i have ever seen. Even that Charlene was a beautiful bride, where was the emotions between here and Albert? I don`t get it at all, the wedding day should be the happiest day of your life...but this wedding was just like Felipe and Letiza big day, so cold and no emotions. To me it seems like this is just a business agreement.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Royal Highness

some people have a hard time displaying emotions, but I have to admit it was ice cold there. One other thing I can say, when I heard the groom's speech is that Albert is a bumbler if there ever was one...Gosh and to think I complained at how unarticulate Fred is...
Old 07-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
some people have a hard time displaying emotions, but I have to admit it was ice cold there. One other thing I can say, when I heard the groom's speech is that Albert is a bumbler if there ever was one...Gosh and to think I complained at how unarticulate Fred is...
And Albert`s speech was just terrible....I thought the point was to hold a speech to his bride.... Frederik`s speech was great i think
Old 07-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Nobility

It sounded rather like he was adressing the UN Assembly instead of a loving speach to his new wife. CP Frederik could teach him a thing or two in regards to wedding speaches. :-)
Old 07-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Courtier

Exactly olebabs :-)
Old 07-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the only part where it got emotional was when Charlene cried. But the whole ceremony was sort of odd (it's not the word i want to use but i lack of a better one). Even Albert seem very cold. But, i think Albert and Caroline (who seemed quite cold too) were raised like that, to not show they emotions in public. So i don't know.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Nobility

I don't think they were raised to show no emotions. Just look at their parents respective funerals. Caroline was, naturally, devestated. To me it looked more like the bride and groom had had a huge fight before the ceremony. He seemed so annoyed with her.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Courtier

But the sadest thing was, when Charlene started to cry ( when a mother and a daughter sang to them ), and Albert was looking at here and almost saying " what are you crying for"!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
This is the weirdest wedding i have ever seen. Even that Charlene was a beautiful bride, where was the emotions between here and Albert? I don`t get it at all, the wedding day should be the happiest day of your life...but this wedding was just like Felipe and Letiza big day, so cold and no emotions. To me it seems like this is just a business agreement.

Felipe and Letizia's wedding might have come off as cold and emotionless, but no one can doubt that they are deeply in love and devoted to their responsibilities.

Grace and Rainier also had a so called "cold" wedding.

I guess my point is that it is impossible to gauge how successful someone's marriage is going to be based on how emotional they were at their wedding.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

My hunch is that the whole performance was just that: a performance - for Monaco, for the royals, and for the world.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Courtier

A&C and F&L might be deeply in love, but why is that so difficult to show in a wedding? That is something i probably will never understand....
Old 07-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

There is an irony here.... Charlene could try to communicate in French - but won't.

Albert would love to be able to speak unhesitatingly and confidently - but can't.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Nobility

She won't??? Why?? I didn't occur to her that she is living in a french speaking country???
That does not somehow seem to be the best way to win over the hearts of her new countrymen.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by olebabs View Post
She won't??? Why?? I didn't occur to her that she is living in a french speaking country???
That does not somehow seem to be the best way to win over the hearts of her new countrymen.
Once an adult, the acquisition of a foreign language is not a simple matter - particularly if by adulthood the person knows only one language. If there is bi-lingualism by adulthood, then the person likely can manage another language with some ease, depending on the language. Some people have a facility with languages. Some do not but can overcome it with study and application. Some just wither in the face of it. Charlene may be the latter.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by olebabs View Post
Maybe in time she will learn French. It took Grace a while and she was able to communicate with the people. I'm sure Charlene will learn it in time.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Let's get back to the topic of this thread - thanks!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
A&C and F&L might be deeply in love, but why is that so difficult to show in a wedding? That is something i probably will never understand....
I have watched F&L's wedding...there were lots of small, tender moments where they whispered together and smiled at the altar, etc.

If you were watching they were there, the same for Albert and Charlene...there were several minutes at the altar where they sat holding hands...why do posters talking about "coldness" not mention those moments?

I don't think you are going to see overt gestures of PDA at a Royal Catholic wedding...it just isn't done and frankly I don't want to see it.