William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This just doesn't seem at all realistic to me. For one thing, Diana's favourite flowers were white lillies, not white roses. And William's bride with bare shoulders? I don't think so.:whistling:

I liked the part on the cover that stated that William was going to give Kate Diana's engagement ring ....I think that is the last thing he would do ... I remember reading somewhere that Harry picked the ring as a keep sake anyway.... it was on the cover of OK magazine ...

Postpone the engagement? Oh please! I agree with LadyAnn....there was most likely never an engagement to begin with. This sounds like pure fabrication. I'm sure when Will and Kate do decide to marry, if ever, Tina Brown will most likely be the last person to know.

Considering when the tennis photo was taken and the subsequent actions I doubt if any problems over that caused no engagement last week.

I suspect one of two things delayed the engagement announcement - 1 the shootings in Cumbria - not good form or 2 - there was never any intention of announcing an engagement days before the Trooping the Colour, Ascot, Garter and William's trip to SA. The focus would have been on Kate and not on the centre of these events - the Queen and William.

I think iluveberties point is that immeadiately after Frederick and Mary's wedding in the press (and on this board) everyone focused on the couple having a child whether or not this immeadiately occurred or not. Media stories and posts had a narrow focus on Mary's stomach waiting to see if she was pregnant or not.

Thus as soon as or if William and Kate tie the knot, the same thing will happen. I do recall that happened with Charles and Diana once they married (of course they were right) but it was like wedding on July 29th...when are you giong to have a baby. Let people enjoy married life first and they will have a baby when it happens. No pressure.

Of course, these two need to get married first.

Exactly - they returned from the honeymoon and the questions were immediately there - is she pregnant with the future King and the photos were trying to detect a potential bump.

That is why I suspect no engagement until they are ready to start that process so that they can live together without the photos and speculation about the immediately expected pregnancy.

There is very little in here that I do believe. I doubt if William would give Kate an engagement ring at all like Diana's. I also don't think they will marry at St Paul's. They might but I am not so sure. I would expect them to use the same carriage - because that is the carriage that is used at weddings. I don't think the Queen would approve a bare shoulders bride and she does have a small say in the design of the dress - to ensure an appropriate style not in the final design of course but in the basics.

I do think that William might like a smaller affair - he doesn't seem to go for the grandiose and I also expect that the government, facing such incredibly tough financial times would baulk at the expense of such a wedding and insist on a smaller scale affair - Westminster or even St George's - after all William isn't the heir to the throne, Charles is and William is only 2nd in line (way too many people forget that Charles gets his turn first).

Last edited by a moderator:
While we're waiting, I think Russo's going to have a Merlot. . . . :wine:

Well, a friend asked me tonight if Prince William was getting married. She had seen a magazine cover about his marriage and figured I would know! I think it was OK! magazine or which ever magazine recently went into a long detailed description of the "wedding plans."

It's crazy how the media is now going into detail about William's wedding as though the engagement is a done thing already. What are they going to do if he's not married five years from now? :lol:

Well, a friend asked me tonight if Prince William was getting married. She had seen a magazine cover about his marriage and figured I would know! I think it was OK! magazine or which ever magazine recently went into a long detailed description of the "wedding plans."

It's crazy how the media is now going into detail about William's wedding as though the engagement is a done thing already. What are they going to do if he's not married five years from now? :lol:

As they have been speculating like this for over 5 years now they will just keep going.

This was the same thing in the 1970s with Charles, except that he changed his girlfriends and William hasn't.

While we're waiting, I think Russo's going to have a Merlot. . . . :wine:

:ROFLMAO:Yes I'll have a glass of Merlot and while we're at it some cranberry vodka:cool:. There will be lots of time for wine..seeing that thee engagement will not be announced anytime soon:lol:. Looks like we'll have to press the snooze button....

They will look like idiots. :lol:
It's extremely presumptuous to say the least!! They've been doing this for a few years now and they never learn.
I don't expect an engagement.

It would also paint him in a very very bad light if he suddenly dumped her now.
I disagree. Regardless of how long they've been dating.... if at some point he/they feel the relationship isn't going well for whatever reason then it's much wiser to end things than to get married and divorced.

I disagree. Regardless of how long they've been dating.... if at some point he/they feel the relationship isn't going well for whatever reason then it's much wiser to end things than to get married and divorced.

I think the same, if they feel it's time to call it quits I'm not going to think bad of William or Kate.

I read that in line at the store yesterday, well skimmed it, and laughed my rear off. Why on earth would you want to marry on your parents anniversary if they didn't have a happy marriage? I could understand if say, William (or Harry) wanted to marry around mothers day, or around Diana's birthday, but not Charles and Diana's wedding date.

This article is rubbish....I don't believe anything it says William would never marry on that date and the last thing I think they would want is for Kate to be compared to Diana any more then she already is....and the ring...that will never happen, maybe one day one of the boys will give it to a wife, daughter or daughter-in-law...but not as an engagement ring ...IMHO

This article is rubbish....I don't believe anything it says William would never marry on that date and the last thing I think they would want is for Kate to be compared to Diana any more then she already is....and the ring...that will never happen, maybe one day one of the boys will give it to a wife, daughter or daughter-in-law...but not as an engagement ring ...IMHO

I think the sapphire would look lovely in a pendant, perhaps when William's wife gives birth to her first child?

Like I said..OK Mag is not to be trusted. I'm not saying they're always wrong, but I wouldn't get my sources from them.

I think the sapphire would look lovely in a pendant, perhaps when William's wife gives birth to her first child?

For that to happen of course Harry would have to give the ring to William as Harry actually has the ring.
Diana's Rings

This was made public at the time that Harry had chosen the ring and William had chosen the watch.

I read that OK Mag. article and I think it is stupid. It is retarded to think William would even consider marrying on his parents' anniversary. Retarded.
That's BS. However, I can easily believe he would marry next year. Just not on his parents' anniversary. That part is just insane. That article was beyond retarded.

There was mention recently (some quote from somewhere) William is sick and tired of all these engagement stories. I am sure he will just ignore all of this and pretty much carry on with his life. Everyone is expecting 2011 to be the year but William could just ignore the whole lot of them. Does it really matter if an engagement is 1/3 years anyway as Kate in my opinion will wait it out in any case. Kate's not going anywhere anyway. William and Kate will both be 30 in 2012 and even then William may decide he is not ready to commit yet and possibly Kate is happy to leave things as they are.

It does seem Zara and Mike too are waiting it out at least until after the Olympics in 2012 and Zara is 31 that year.

Years also the royal brides got married in their 20's now it has shifted to late 20's/early 30's.

I am more looking forward to Crown Princess Victora of Sweden wedding next week.

I would get sick and tired of all the rumours if I were in either of there positions.
But this comes with the nature of who William is.
It doesn't neccesarily matter so much to us, but to some people it might.

Next week's HELLO! Magazine even has a feature on the front cover no less of wedding dress designs they imagine Kate will choose !!! So..... either they are in the know that something is brewing or they are just jumping on the band wagon like everyone else....and to be honest..... HELLO! do tend to be "in the know". I would put more credence on this item in next week's issue than ANY of the recent newspaper articles. Hmmmmm... we shall see.

How do you know what next weeks Hello Magazine will look like?
I doubt they would know if anything was brewing, they are just like everyone else is, making suggestions about what the wedding will be like. They have done it for years, I have 20-30 issues with Kate on the cover, and inside an "exclusive" about what the wedding will be like, who will be there, whose going to be bridesmaids etc.

How do you know what next weeks Hello Magazine will look like?
I doubt they would know if anything was brewing, they are just like everyone else is, making suggestions about what the wedding will be like. They have done it for years, I have 20-30 issues with Kate on the cover, and inside an "exclusive" about what the wedding will be like, who will be there, whose going to be bridesmaids etc.

Because I have seen the front cover of it ... OBVIOUSLY!! It features Kylie as the main story with Michael Flatley and family top right corner .... and Kate and the wedding dresses bottom left !!!

Because I have seen the front cover of it ... OBVIOUSLY!! It features Kylie as the main story with Michael Flatley and family top right corner .... and Kate and the wedding dresses bottom left !!!

I am not that stupid.
How have you seen the front cover, the magazine does not come out until tommorow and the website is not showing a photo.

I am not that stupid.
How have you seen the front cover, the magazine does not come out until tommorow and the website is not showing a photo.

Ahhhh... you don't have to go to the website to know what the front cover of next week is like !!! I have my ways :)

A mistery! Well maybe she owns a shop and sells hello, or she works for Hello, who knows? At least we have a scoop!

Imo journalists know more than they say, and we can only wait...

Well i'd hardly call it a scoop, they have done this before, as I said many times.

Sorry... Don't work in a shop or have any connection with HELLO! However here is front cover in detail for you guys -

KYLIE EXCLUSIVE -Talks of deepening love, learning Spanish and how Andres likes her best.

MICHAEL FLATLEY - The Dance Lord and devoted dad opens his LA mansion.

ADRIANA LIMA - Brazilian Supermodel, and husband Marko present beautifull baby Valentina

and.................

ROYAL WEDDING FASHION SPECIAL.
A BRIDAL GOWN FOR KATE MIDDLETON.
PRINCESS DIANA'S DESIGNER REVEALS HER PERFECT LOOK.

Ok, I will tell you how I know. I would love to say its a crystal ball or I am psychic, but sadly not !!

This Sunday's Irish Mail on Sunday is advertising a free copy of next week's HELLO with next week's paper.... and they have a full page size print of the front cover of next week's HELLO on display.

That is a good idea but there are so many sapphires in her collection she got as a wedding gift, i believe two are pendants already...plus it would have to look good on Chelsy or whom ever Harry marries as he has the ring...I would like to see William make a new ring for Kate...or pick something really old with a deep royal history ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom