William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^Hey, it might still be a publicity stunt. Katie could be using Tina's dates speculation to get word of her own book's release out there. "Will W&K announce engagement? Oh by the way, read about the royal brothers and find out their deepest secrets: Out this week in local bookstores.":D

Seriously, if it does turn out true this week, I doubt anyone would be more surprised than me. But sometimes there is a grain of truth and maybe the precise dates aren't exactly so. I'm not all warm and fuzzy about W&K but I don't dislike them for any reason. I think they are a very strange couple, but I just figure they have their strange ways that work for them. :lol: I always preferred Jecca..... but I'm not a sore loser. :cool:

I wish William would/will date a few more girls before he settles down.

I feel the same way. I don't like how he's been tied down to one girl for so long. He really should date more.

I feel the same way. I don't like how he's been tied down to one girl for so long. He really should date more.

Well, in some articles was said that Will dated 2 girls for sure before Kate and was rumours about another ones. What do you want from him? Sorry but not everybody needs to be available as public toilet before wedding.

Well, in some articles was said that Will dated 2 girls for sure before Kate and was rumours about another ones. What do you want from him? Sorry but not everybody needs to be available as public toilet before wedding.

I want him not to be pressured into marrying Kate just because he has dated her for 8 years.
What a crude, un-neccesary example you use.

Public toilet?? Seriously, that was really not needed. I don't want anything from him;). I'm not saying he should date whatever walks, but I'm saying he should meet more people. I don't know much about Will before Kate so I'm going by what I know now. Honestly, in my opinion, I don't think she's the one for him. So I'm saying he should unhinge himself from Kate and see who else he can meet. I'm rather traditional so I'm not talking about testing everything, but broadening his horizons.

I'm sorry but when I hear that some guy advise to his male friend: you need to date with more girls, it means (he told that - before you wed, have sex with as many women as possible). For me, public toilet is good example then.

But back to Will and Kate. Will is in better situation that Charles. No one says that he must be with Kate. If they are so long together that means something. He dates for example Arabella for some times and they split up. Not good one. With Kate is so long, that must be love.

I have no opinion about her, becouse I don't know her and I hear about her only in media. Maybe she lovely person, more nice than Will. I don't understand why people so many times think that royals are so good, lovely etc. and this "secong person" are bad, interested in money or titles etc.

As far as I know he never dated anyone seriously before Kate. Whose Arabella?

But back to Will and Kate. Will is in better situation that Charles. No one says that he must be with Kate. If they are so long together that means something. He dates for example Arabella for some times and they split up. Not good one. With Kate is so long, that must be love.

I have no opinion about her, becouse I don't know her and I hear about her only in media. Maybe she lovely person, more nice than Will. I don't understand why people so many times think that royals are so good, lovely etc. and this "secong person" are bad, interested in money or titles etc.

Not nessesarily. Oftentimes couples stay together because they're used to one another and they don't feel like building another relationship. Or because it's expected of them.

Kate may be a nice person, but I've seen some videos of her and I really do not like her attitude.

i think, if he marries kate, he will regret not dating more girls. Honestly, just 2/3 wont harm him, infact it will make him grow and realize what he wants and what he doesn't want in a relationship and a woman. i know more than a few people who have dated one person and married them and then realized ti just a few years later, and just wanted out. so i think its healthy for him to date around, and for /kate as well. Even she has been committed for the lats so many years, don't know why we leave her out:)

oh did katie say they are getting engaged on the date her book comes out? when is that?

I think that William realises just how much like his father he is and also realises that his father meet 'the one' in his early 20s but let her slip through his fingers on the advice of many people and then ended up with the disaster of a marriage to Diana. I therefore suspect that William is scared of letting Kate go and repeating his father's mistake.

I think it would do William a world of good to date other women and see what's out there before he settles with someone. I don't know how many men Kate dated before him, but I highly doubt she would go out with anyone if William decided he wanted to date others beside her. She just seems like the type that will just wait forever. If it's truly love, then it will withstand him seeing others. I have my personal opinions about it all, but I won't post them here because I don't want to get nailed by those that disagree. I think James Whittaker made the comment that Kate wants to be the Princess of Wales and she will do just about anything to get it. I totally agree with him on that point, whether others do or not.

I have never heard/read any articles about him dating anyone other than Kate.
Only Jecca, who was officially confirmed as not his girlfriend.
The only girl that i thought of was Isabella anstruther-gough-calthorpe.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...s-boyfriend-proves-knight-shining-armour.html

At the bottom of this article.

* We may have to wait a little longer for Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding, according to the Queen’s Master of Music, Sir Peter Maxwell Davies.

Sir Peter, 75, who will be commissioned to write music for the ceremony, has not been given notice to start work by the Queen.
‘I have attended various recent meetings at the Palace concerned with forward planning and there has been no mention of any wedding,’ he says.

Royal commentator Tina Brown’s prediction that the couple would announce their marriage this Thursday now sounds a little optimistic.

I want him not to be pressured into marrying Kate just because he has dated her for 8 years.
What a crude, un-neccesary example you use.
If they have being dating for 8 years and have yet to marry then you can hardly say that they are feeling any pressured to do so. This isn't exactly the situation Charles found himself in where the media (and others) convinced him marrying her was a good idea. The press have being pushing for a wedding between William and Kate since 2005 and so far they have got nothing from them. If they do get married it I believe it will be because they choose to and not because anyone else thinks it is a good idea.

I think that William realises just how much like his father he is and also realises that his father meet 'the one' in his early 20s but let her slip through his fingers on the advice of many people and then ended up with the disaster of a marriage to Diana. I therefore suspect that William is scared of letting Kate go and repeating his father's mistake.

I agree. Charles could has many girls and will marry lovely, beauty Diana. All people was happy, except him. Now maybe is the same (but I don't know it for sure): people say: date somebody else, we don't want Kate like no one want Camilla. Charles waited so long to be happy, Will doesn't want waste any time. There the question: marry sb who people will be loved or marry sb who you want to marry.

I think Kate should show more character. Maybe people will like her then. But I have strange feelings that palace is happy when she's so boring, quiet etc. Why she doesn't take part in this charity sport event? She was captain on this boat or sth? If she wasn't under pressure she could show us something more. Now she sits and waits, eventually she safety works for family firm.

I think Kate should show more character. Maybe people will like her then. But I have strange feelings that palace is happy when she's so boring, quiet etc. Why she doesn't take part in this charity sport event? She was captain on this boat or sth? If she wasn't under pressure she could show us something more. Now she sits and waits, eventually she safety works for family firm.

I think you make a very good point here. She's keeping a low profile and staying "under the radar" as much as possible which we've seen over the years with the press isn't a very easy thing to do. Over the years I'm sure she's become quite familiar with William's feelings about the press and being constantly watched through the fishbowl and I think perhaps that is one reason the both of them have put off marriage. I don't see her really in the "Waity Katy" role but a woman that knows her man and the life she'll eventually lead with him. They are both enjoying this time where they CAN be just Wills and Kate and not HRH Prince William of Wales and HRH Princess William of Wales.

I would imagine too that perhaps Camilla would be a very good person to give Kate a few pointers on how to stay low and be discreet.

What is she supposed to do to show more character?
This charity sport event, if you mean the marathon, is organised by one of Williams very close female friends, something he himself is rumoured not to be participating in.

Kate pulled out of the charity boat race event at the last minute.
If she does more charity events, more public events it will be picked up by the press and the gossip wheels will start turning in the form of engagement stories.

I don't know wether they will get married or not. I just know one thing... if this were my wedding and the actual engagement date was leaked... I would pick a different date. Even if it's just one week later.

^No kidding. Is it even possible that the Palace would announce something on this date that has been leaked like this, and the media lies in wait for it to happen? I thought for sure they wouldn't do it, even if they had planned a year ago to do it, because it's like feeding into the tabloid speculation, which they say they never do, and it's like 'confirming' them to be right. It's too obvious. It puts them on the spot. So I think those days will pass and nothing extraordinary will happen. And then we'll see the press foiled again. :D
Maybe it will teach them a lesson not to try to bully the Palace into action.

No not YouTube. If I find any of the videos I'll post them.

If you can't, you could explain what is on them that gave you a not-so-good impression of Kate. Maybe one of us has seen the video? :flowers:

I kinda agree he's only been in one serious relationship with Kate, but if it's working for them then hey! go for it. They did have that break though and after that they still chose to get back together, so I truly think they'll go the distance. I think William is taking his time because his parents dated for less than a year and ended in divorce and Andrew and Fergie dated for less than a year and ended in divorce. About this year being another year of speculation most likely yes, I think William learned from his uncle that you cant be away for most of the year in the military, and married because it will cause a lot of stress so he'll probably wait until he's out of the military. Plus he's only 28(Soon) Felipe only married in his mid 30's!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don´t think that William is going to marry Kate, I believe he will marry someone who his family find more suitable at a later date, as a man he has much more time for this. I believe that Kate knows this and has come to the conclusion she is agreeable to this situation as are her parents.
As far as the argument that Felipe only married in his mid 30´s, he wanted to get married several times before he met and demanded to marry Letizia but the young ladies in question, rightly or wrongly were not deemed appropriate and he gave up.

I hate it when people place Williams decision not to marry on the fact that his parents and uncles marriage failed. Is it possible to concieve that, that is not at the forfront of his mind? Perhaps neither want to get married yet.

I really don´t think Prince Williams hesitation about comitting himself to marriage is because of his parents failed marriage at all. He is royal, and has been brought up a royal and educated for his future position of King of England and duty. He is going to take the idea of marriage very seriously and who he chooses for his bride. His heart might take him in one direction but duty has perhaps the biggest hold on him.
The nonsense talk of a runaway wedding or being able to postpone a royal wedding for a week to fool the press is laughable. A royal wedding, especially in the UK, is an occasion with hundreds of guests, heads of governments and other ruling and non-ruling royals invited. In fact it makes me chuckle to think of all these people getting in a train and standing round the anvil, thank goodness it is only the kind of scene we would have got and laughed at in Monty Python´s Circus.
I sincerely hope that Prince William makes the right choice and manages to be happy as well.

I really don´t think Prince Williams hesitation about comitting himself to marriage is because of his parents failed marriage at all. He is royal, and has been brought up a royal and educated for his future position of King of England and duty. He is going to take the idea of marriage very seriously and who he chooses for his bride. His heart might take him in one direction but duty has perhaps the biggest hold on him.

This is a major reason why I can see him not marrying. He knows he can't get it wrong so it is better not to do it at all rather than make the same mistake his parents' made and marry the wrong person.

We can even take this beyond his own parents and look at uncles and aunts:

Uncle Andrew - divorced
Uncle Charles - divorced twice
Aunt Anne - divorced

so adding his parents 5/8 of his parents and their siblings have experienced a failed marriage - father, mother, two uncles and an aunt and one uncle has two failed marriages.

He also has his mother's parents with a failed marriage and his grandfather's parents' marriage also failing - so of the 16 marriages going back a couple of generations 8 have ended in failure - not a good record at all. (Compared to my family going back as far I have 1/18 failed marriages. Of course my family don't have the pressures of being royal but I wanted to put in the statistics for all to see)

Statistics are always fun to watch, but William has his own life. Why remaining single all his life because of the family statistics? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom