The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

He mentioned early last year in an interview that he wasn't going to extend the flying contract

Old 01-14-2017, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

EXactly. These royal stories are just repeated as if they are new.

And where are the facts? One sentence in the Sunday Times story starts
"WIlliam is thought initially to have explored the option......"

So they dont actually know. The whole piece is full of maybe, considering, possibles, options etc.

Fluff piece.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
EXactly. These royal stories are just repeated as if they are new.

And where are the facts? One sentence in the Sunday Times story starts
"WIlliam is thought initially to have explored the option......"

So they dont actually know. The whole piece is full of maybe, considering, possibles, options etc.

Fluff piece.
They never know. It was an interesting article, but I would not call it exclusive, since we already knows most of the content.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:04 AM
Nobility

There won't be solid facts unless William, or someone close to him, goes on the record. I agree that the story has been around for a while, and I believed it, but now that the Times is reporting it, the story has even more credibility.

I really wish we had full access to the story.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I really wish we had full access to the story.

I was able to view the full article.

The DM picked up the story (thanks eya) and if you click on link at the end of the story, it will take you to full story from The Sunday Times.

Prince William will give up his career as a helicopter pilot to become a full-time royal | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-15-2017, 09:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Roya Nikkhah's articles are almost always accurate. She broke the news about Heads Together and the Queen handing down some of her patronages.

She seems to have a good relationship with the younger royals. She was the only British newspaper reporter to get an interview with Harry before the Invictus Games.

Some things that stood out for me. There was “no pressure from above” for him to give up his job. This was William's decision. The Firm backs him 100 percent.

There will be a balance between family commitments and his work as a royal. A smart move given the train wreck history of marriages in the BRF.

William and Catherine are very cognisant of not overshadowing the work of The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall. Again makes sense given Charles is heir to the throne and not William.

The Monarchy is constantly evolving and I look forward to this new chapter.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:05 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Monarchy is constantly evolving and I look forward to this new chapter.
I like how you stated this. Its a gradual transition between how the monarchy was and how the monarchy will be in the years to come. It won't all be done overnight with William and Kate jumping in and doing as many engagements as the PoW and the DoC are now nor will it likely be the modus operandi of how things were always done but a gradual change here and there of how the "Firm" goes into the future.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think all of us knew this new chapter would begin soon. It's time and I think the Cambridge's will do well.

The younger royals are redefining official duties and we'll see more evidence of this.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-15-2017, 11:13 AM
Nobility

I think the quote from William in the last paragraph of the article is interesting, in view of both a) the observation that William, Kate, and Harry seem to do events together much more frequently than the previous generation and b) criticisms of William and Kate that they're "using" Harry, or of Kate that she can't do events alone and is mostly with William.

Quote:
William, who donates his salary to charity, recently spoke of how much he enjoys his role “working in a team” as an air ambulance pilot. He added: “That’s something that my other job doesn’t necessarily do. You are more out there on your own a little bit.”
Old 01-18-2017, 02:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE: Prince William upstaging his father | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-18-2017, 12:11 PM
Majesty

To me, it seems to be the case that some reporters that put words to paper or text really don't pay attention to what they're writing. For example, "‘It’s hoped William, Kate and Harry will be very pro-active in support of their father and Camilla."

Its hoped??? For the life of me, I can't picture William, Kate or Harry as being anything but supportive of their monarch and his consort. That's what the "Firm" does and besides that fact, there is absolutely no doubt that Charles' family loves and admires him.

Get a grip on reality, Hardcastle, and find "sources" that actually know how the "Firm" and the monarchy works and have a bit of insight into the people you're writing about.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

The chances are very slim to none that William after accepting Camilla as part of the family would turn against her and his father when he becomes financially independent from him as Duke of Cornwall.

It's not like he has banned Camilla from attending his wedding and interacting with his children.

As for getting Kate to accept the Princess of Wales title, that's easy. Just have William be named Prince of Wales. There have been Princess of Wales before Diana and there will be ones after. Kate is already wearing the engagement ring and named her daughter Diana. She is not running away from Diana's shadow.

It made sense at the time for Camilla to shy away from the Princess of Wales title but there is no reason for Kate to do so.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:55 PM
Aristocracy

Kate has shown absolutely zero sign of being uncomfortable with the titles and positions that will come with life as William's wife. She's not followed Diana's path in terms of how she divides her time between the responsibility of raising a future king and the duties that involve going into the community, and she's upset some folks with her choices (and will likely continue to do so) but that doesn't mean she doesn't want to be Princess of Wales or Queen.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:00 PM
Majesty

As you mentioned that Kate hasn't followed Diana's path, the main difference I've seen is that Kate is very comfortable in her role as a supportive consort for her husband and they make an strong team together. That is something that is going to serve the both of them well in the years to come.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
As you mentioned that Kate hasn't followed Diana's path, the main difference I've seen is that Kate is very comfortable in her role as a supportive consort for her husband and they make an strong team together. That is something that is going to serve the both of them well in the years to come.
I agree that it's a trait that bodes well for them as a couple, and that's important.

I think, too, that people often tend to expect her to follow exactly in Diana's footsteps and any level of public activity less than Diana's will always be found by some to be a sign that Kate is reluctant. But as much as I have always liked Diana, I don't think she always struck a healthy balance between her at-home and external duties. And she just flat-out had a different job to do! She had to hit the ground running as Princess of Wales. Kate's still just the Queen's granddaughter-in-law.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

There is definitely a huge difference in how Kate spends her time and how Diana spent her time; Diana was a full time royal with a lot of duties almost right away, while Kate has been eased into things. A big part of this is because of their husbands, a big part of this is because the BRF's attitude has changed since Diana, but a big part of this is also because of the difference in personality between the women; Diana was a lot younger and a lot more insecure than Kate is.

But, that said, I think because Kate hasn't undertaken Diana-level engagements people have this idea that Kate is trying to avoid being in Diana's shoes, so she must not want the titles and position Diana had. Which is utterly ridiculous; Kate's not stupid, if she had issue with being the Princess of Wales and the wife of the heir to the throne (and eventually the wife of the King), she wouldn't have married William. The differences between her and Diana have little to do with not wanting to be in Diana'a position as wife of the heir, and a lot to do with not wanting to be in Diana's position as a woman in a hugely unhappy marriage.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:20 AM
Commoner

The article says Catherine will likely "accept the title Princess of Wales" and be the first since Diana? What? Camilla IS Princess of Wales. She hasn't declined the title. She just doesn't use it, that's all. Just as Camilla automatically became Princess of Wales upon her marriage, Catherine will automatically become Princess of Wales upon her husband being named Prince of Wales. There is no "accepting" about it.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
The article says Catherine will likely "accept the title Princess of Wales" and be the first since Diana? What? Camilla IS Princess of Wales. She hasn't declined the title. She just doesn't use it, that's all. Just as Camilla automatically became Princess of Wales upon her marriage, Catherine will automatically become Princess of Wales upon her husband being named Prince of Wales. There is no "accepting" about it.
Yes, Catherine will be the first to use the title since Diana. I think everyone will be happy to have another Princess of Wales again. It's been a long time.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-19-2017, 12:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Doesn't everyone know Camilla is the PoW? If they pay attention they should also know that Camilla using her Duchess of Cornwall title in order to avoid causing any discomfort to 'the boys' and to avoid public backlash.

I think it speaks to her sensitivity and sense of reality that she doesn't use the PoW title...and I am not a Camilla/Charles fan.

LaRae
Old 01-19-2017, 12:33 AM
Courtier

Camilla is the Current Princess of Wales