The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CC 19/9
The Duke of Cambridge this morning received Air Chief Marshal Sir Stuart Peach (Chief of the Defence Staff).

His Royal Highness later visited the following locations managed by Spitalfields Crypt Trust and was received by Lieutenant Colonel Roderick Morriss (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London):

The Duke of Cambridge first visited Paper and Cup, 18 Calvert Avenue, London E2.

His Royal Highness afterwards visited the Drop-In Centre, St. Leonard’s Church, Shoreditch High Street, London E1.

The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon visited Acorn House, a rehabilitation centre and detoxification unit, 116-118 Shoreditch High Street, London E1.

Here's a short video of HRH The Duke of Cambridge on a visit to the Spitalfields Crypt Trust in east London from yesterday.

From this week’s People Magazine

To watch Prince William work a room is to observe a master class in charm school taught by Prince Charming himself.

During a royal event last year, mental health campaigner Jonny Benjamin marveled at the 35-year-old royal’s ability to smoothly multitask. “He had a photographer in one ear saying, ‘William, can you angle your face a bit more?’ And in the other he had his assistant saying, ‘William, you’ve got two minutes here’ — and he managed to carry on his conversation with me naturally,” Benjamin tells PEOPLE in this week’s cover story.

“I was impressed at how he stayed focused and calm despite all of the stuff going on around him.”
Read more: How Prince William Turns On The Charm to Work A Room

Last edited:
HRH The Duke of Cambridge mounts a mechanical elephant, during a visit to Milton Keynes earlier today.

William at the Imperial War Museum today

Prince William has spoken to a Holocaust survivor about his sobering and eye-opening trip to a Nazi concentration camp.

Meeting former French Resistance fighter Freddie Knoller, 96, William spoke of his feelings following the visit.

Knoller lived through the war in a series of concentration camps, including the infamous Auschwitz.

The Duke of Cambridge met Mr Knoller at London’s Imperial War Museum.

There, William was brought up to date with an ongoing project to enhance the museum for visitors.

During the meeting, the Duke referred to a visit he and his wife Catherine had made to Stutthof, a former Nazi concentration Camp in Poland in which 28,000 Jewish people were killed before it was liberated by the Allies in May 1945.
Read more: Prince William Hears The Powerful Story Of One Holocaust Survivor

Lovely video ....he must see his grandfather plus a fellow service member in each of them.

LaRae

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duke of Cambridge, representing HM The Queen, will attend the New Zealand Commemoration for the Battle of Passchendaele on 12th October.

Kensington Palace @KenisingtonRoyal
The Duke of Cambridge has arrived in Northern Ireland to officially visit the city of Belfast.

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
During the visit, HRH will visit the mental health charity @InspireWBGroup, and see the work of @laganrescue and @AirAmbulanceNI.

The Duke of Cambridge has arrived in Belfast for a visit that will highlight the work of a mental health charity and the emergency services.

William's afternoon of engagements in the city will take in the Inspire charity and see him observe search and rescue training on the River Lagan.
Read more: Prince meets mental health & emergency workers on Northern Ireland Visit - Q Radio

Prince William in Northern Ireland for one day Belfast visit - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Last edited:
Met William today during his visit to Belfast. He was very warm and charming and spent a little time on a quick walkabout after his engagement at Lombard House to greet the crowds standing outside in the rain. Nice to see him back in Northern Ireland

Attachments

• D7526190-2DDA-4ED1-B445-5F3405C46CC0.jpg
    D7526190-2DDA-4ED1-B445-5F3405C46CC0.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 95
Met William today during his visit to Belfast. He was very warm and charming and spent a little time on a quick walkabout after his engagement at Lombard House to greet the crowds standing outside in the rain. Nice to see him back in Northern Ireland
So glad that you had the opportunity to meet him today!

Am I the only one noticing how happy William appears to be since becoming a full time royal? With embarking on a new journey as a senior royal, and a soon-to-be father of three, William is just glowing, IMO.

Reluctant Royal No More!

Last edited:
To me he usually seems pretty easy going and happy...the few times he hasn't been you can certainly tell and he's had reason to be.

Perhaps now that he has less items (the rescue job was not low stress) pulling him in two directions some of that pressure is off...and he's more relaxed.

LaRae

Prince William meets Northern Ireland's river and air rescue services in Belfast's Titanic Quarter following his brother Prince Harry's visit in September.

CC 4/10

Kensington Palace
4th October, 2017

The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon visited Inspire, Lombard House, 10-20 Lombard Street, Belfast, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of the County Borough of Belfast (Mrs Fionnuala Jay-O’Boyle).

His Royal Highness later visited Lagan Search and Rescue, Abercorn Basin, Titanic Quarter, Belfast.

The Duke of Cambridge, Colonel, Irish Guards, this evening attended a Dinner at Baronscourt, Newtownstewart, County Tyrone.

Perhaps he’s just more mature as a husband and father.

I'd chalk it up to the fact that his uptick in engagements has coincided with the third Cambridge pregnancy. He's sympathy glowing! :lol:

Am I the only one noticing how happy William appears to be since becoming a full time royal? With embarking on a new journey as a senior royal, and a soon-to-be father of three, William is just glowing, IMO.

Reluctant Royal No More!

I thought it was a facial that he got that glow from....:lol::lol: just kidding Dman, I see a sense of peace in him now....and having a wife who is there for him, with children and different responsibilities can make a man or woman become more mature and acceptable to what life has in store for them, think that is what has happened slowly but surely with Prince William and so nice to see.

It definitely stands out for me that William has stepped onto the path of his destiny in some very comfortable moccasins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom