The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 03:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm about to start an 8 hour retail shift so will have to have a lot of "toilet breaks" today!

Old 05-02-2015, 03:20 AM
Courtier

Finally great News..

Wishing the Duchess a safe Birth and healthy child. Hope all goes well

Interestingly she went into the hospital at almost the exact same time as last time.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

So excited!!! The wait is almost over. I hope all goes well for mother and baby.

Palace: Kate's labour 'is progressing normally'
Article
Old 05-02-2015, 03:43 AM
Heir Apparent

The time has come. Happy news
Old 05-02-2015, 03:59 AM
Courtier

Yah finally hopefully it won't be a long labour. Good wishes for the baby arriving safely and Kate bounces back well like she seemed to with George. Won't be getting much sleep tonight! Looks like I will be taking my lap top to bed with me it won't impress someone but who cares. LOL
Old 05-02-2015, 04:06 AM
Courtier

Now 5.00pm here in Oz and Channel 10 had the Duchess of Cambridge being admitted to hospital as the first report.

(And we've had floods again yesterday with more loss of life amongst some other dramatic happenings - not a quiet news day.)

The other national channels broadcast their main news at 6.00pm and 7.00pm.

P.S. First story on Channel 7 with live crosses to two reporters based in London. (Channel 9 went with the floods first.)
Old 05-02-2015, 04:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope she will have a safe and short deliever.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:14 AM
Courtier

Yay, I hope the labour goes well.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:17 AM
Commoner

I saw a tweet about Catherine and William going right through the front door~I hope they were able to have that normal experience this time, and I hope no one snapped a pic this time.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Looks like I will find out soon if I've won my bet! Boy/Girl......
Old 05-02-2015, 04:24 AM
Nobility

So they will probably leave the hospital tomorrow? Or monday?

Queen Mathilde
Old 05-02-2015, 04:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mara View Post
I saw a tweet about Catherine and William going right through the front door~I hope they were able to have that normal experience this time, and I hope no one snapped a pic this time.

Saw that too Princess Mara.

Maybe with the Duchess being admitted at this time of day, and with so many people about, the Royal party didn't try and go in a back way.

You can bet that if anyone snapped some photos "New Idea" and "Woman's Day" magazines here in Australia will be in a bidding war as I type this.

I think the mags are printed Sunday evening, so nicely timed for us to have our new issues out across the nation by Monday morning.

(I'm expecting to see TV ads this time tomorrow for the winning magazine. )

And of course, nicely timed for both magazines to have the new baby on the cover if the Lindo Wings steps presentation happens in the next twenty-four hours.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:36 AM
Heir Apparent

do you think she was induced?
Old 05-02-2015, 04:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Live Video Coverage:
Royal baby: Live blog

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-02-2015, 04:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Why is the British media (the DM with a shocking vile open sewer, allowing unmoderated comments) referring to Kate Middleton? They do not refer to the Duke as Philip Mountbatten. They do not refer to Princess Michael as Marie-Christine Baroness von Reibnitz. What a lousy and lazy, lazy press!

The worst thing is that all international media adapt to Kate Middleton as well, after all they only copy-and-paste from the Brits themselves... I know... "Je suis Charlie" but freedom of speech may be limited, seeing the filth, the hatred, the vitriol, the nastiness which is thrown in the comments' sections of the online newspapers.

My whole day has started in negative mood now. Good heavens, it really took me off my balance...

:Ermm:
Old 05-02-2015, 04:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
do you think she was induced?

Hi Marty91charmed - my two cents worth is that May 2nd was "pencilled in" as the day, and someone had that information and tweeted it more than a week ago.

The angle about the Sunday papers makes sense to me.

If baby turned up sooner than May 2nd, so be it - but it wasn't going to go longer than today if nature failed.

And P.S. Princess Mara - some professionals aren't tweeting. Maybe they're busy with putting any photos they may have taken of the arrival at the hospital on the market.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:44 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

It's so exciting! I hope everything goes well!
Old 05-02-2015, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

Well that was the fastest I have ever managed to get out of bed on a Saturday morning!

I am so pleased the wait is almost over and I hope everything is going smoothly for Catherine! One news reporter said this morning "I'm sure Catherine is even more excited as we all are" - made me laugh!

Here is a BBC News link:

Royal baby: Duchess of Cambridge in early stages of labour - BBC News
Old 05-02-2015, 04:49 AM
Commoner

I do think she was induced.

I do hope the labor is over quickly for her. Have any of you been induced before? When I was, I noticed the contractions came on fairly quickly (after about 45 minutes) and were very regular and strong, but labor seemed to go on for hours. You can become tired very quickly with those. It is a fairly different feel than a naturally brought on labor. On top of that, she is said to want another natural childbirth. Oh, I feel for her!

Old 05-02-2015, 04:53 AM
Serene Highness

Wishing the Duchess a speedy and painless delivery! Is there such a thing! I wish her all the very best at any rate. Looking forward to the day we see the wee bonnie baby as they leave the hospital. Will have to be patient.

Closed Thread