William, Catherine and Family: Annual Holiday to Mustique (2012-2015, 2018-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he go last year ? I thought he didn't . It's his mother -in-laws 60th birthday so guess an important get together

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I thought I heard that William wasn't going because he was working?

don't you just love when the tabloids are wrong....i certainly do...this goes to show you don't believe everything you read

“Prince George was reportedly very well behaved on their flight to Mustique, he was occupied with a toy giraffe.”
— Royal Watcher (@Gertsroyals)

Victoria Murphy (@QueenVicMirror)
<li class="quote">"Kate, William and George were spotted flying out there yesterday. Last year Kate went for one week, looks like this year will be up to two"

I just hope no bikini photos will appear this time...

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought William could not travel on the same plane as George?
or has this rule been relaxed?

I thought William could not travel on the same plane as George?
or has this rule been relaxed?

I think The Queen gives permission for William and George to travel together.

I think The Queen gives permission for William and George to travel together.
The old rule was relaxed a bit when William and Harry were very young (William flew with his parents on that first visit to Australia and all of them flew to Balmoral when Harry was an infant for example) - but once they were school-aged or so then they started to fly separately. Of course we all know that you are far more likely to have a fatal auto accident than go down in a plane...

The rule was put in place years ago when airflight was less safe than it is now. I think it no longer applies.

They only have to advise HMQ as to where they are

The rule was put in place years ago when airflight was less safe than it is now. I think it no longer applies.

They only have to advise HMQ as to where they are
I agree. Especially not when it's father and child. But I doubt they ever put the Queen and Charles in the same car or plane or such. Just in case.

General News for The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Part 2: January 2015

Charles, Harry and William all flew back together when the Queen Mum died. They were skiing at Klosters at the time. They just had to ask for permission.

You had the Queen and Charles in a open carriage driving thru London for the Diamond Jubilee. If someone wanted to take them out, they could do it.

Last edited:
If you have an interest in the island of Mustique and the locations of the various houses/villas associated with the Cambridges - be aware that "Google Earth" shows the names of the buildings.

You can see the location of Rocina, 2015's villa, or Aurora and Hibiscus used in previous years.

There is no Street View of course, and if the villa you are after doesn't show, just type in the name and it will pop up.

Also Macaroni Beach, Basil's Bar etc., that we've come to know from reports over the years, and the home princess Margaret had built, Les Jolies Eaux.

Actually, each of the four villas above have marvellous photos on their own rental websites - all very beautiful places.

Les Jolies Eaux and Hibiscus have video walk-throughs as well.

(Perhaps Aurora and Rocina will in the future - all four villas have the same web design.)

Interesting information in the "View this season's Island Guide" in the bottom right of the villa websites - with utterly gorgeous photos.

Wonder if Prince George will get taken along to the Friday night children's movie - like a mini drive-in with the little island electric buggies.

Last edited:
Photos are now up on the internet from this year's Mustique trip.

Little Prince George is pictured walking with Nanny Maria and the Duchess of Cambridge.

Everyone else seems to have been swimming.

Pippa has a smart swimsuit.

The owners of the villa "Aurora", the Cecils, are apparently the others in the swiming group.

I can't link from my tablet - and there may be some TRF posters who are not comfortable with photos taken during a private occassion anyway - but those who want to see them, I'm sure can find them.

And they're bound to be in magazines - at least in Australia - shortly.

PG has grown again by the look of it.

Photos are reported to have been taken on Sunday.

The Duchess's sun hat will be another best-seller I guess.

Last edited:
Photos are now up on the internet from this year's Mustique trip.

Little Prince George is pictured walking with Nanny Maria and the Duchess of Cambridge.

Everyone else seems to have been swimming.

Pippa has a smart swimsuit.

I can't link from my tablet - and there may be some TRF posters who are not comfortable with photos taken during a private occassion anyway - but those who want to see them, I'm sure can find them.

And they're bound to be in magazines - at least in Australia - shortly.

PG has grown again by the look of it.

(P.S. I meant to put this in the "family" thread where the other Mustique 2015 posts are, sorry.)

nice that they include the nanny in the family vacations

little George walking
http://36.media.tumblr.com/0f4d4e5c40f3506e4cced552b96d1d94/tumblr_nj61av0NuL1tzt775o1_400.jpg
and William
http://40.media.tumblr.com/1bf732eca04a00b9f5652aa387099c38/tumblr_nj62qjZ1AZ1sh3oy0o1_400.jpg

Last edited:
Fascinating, especially since in another thread Dman and Maribel claimed the Cambridges would not be papped in Mustique - even though they have been victimized there countless times.

Of course, they also claimed that royals live a life of privacy. lol

^^ would have been nice to give the nanny time off. Between them all I'm sure they could have looked after little George

^^ would have been nice to give the nanny time off. Between them all I'm sure they could have looked after little George

She might have had alot of time of. I know for a lot of nannys for rich people, getting to go on trips like these are kind of a selling point. It might be that she doesn't enjoy it but I highly doubt she would work more than legal limits meaning she has had time off before and gets to go to mystique. And she is not allowed to work the full 2 weeks any ways meaning she gets vacation time there.

To me, the implication that Maria was enjoying Mustique as part and parcel of the family means that the Cambridges have found the right nanny for their children and she is treated as a member of the family rather than as an employee. George and his baby sibling will grow up loving and caring for Maria as if she was an aunt. It makes me remember that not to long ago one of Will and Harry's nanny died they were close to and you could see the loss on William's face as he attended the funeral.

Plus we have never seen Nanny Maria holding George when his parents are there. He holding Kate's hand. The same with the trip to Aus/NZ. It was always W or K taking George off the plane. Even the pictures from the family leaving the butterfly exhibit, Kate was holding George. He isn't being handed off to the nanny to be raised like it was before for Royal babies.

Mr Niraj Tanna is tweeting that there may be photos of the Duchess of Cambrige in her swimsuit - a bikini - being circulated in Germany.

If such photos exist, they will be out soon no doubt.

And the New York Daily News website has another photo of the Duchess, Nanny and PG from behind as they walk away from the photographer.

Last edited:
George looks blonde in the photos and a lot taller

For those who've seen the pap photos of the Duchess, Nanny and PG on Mustique -

- the piece of fabric the Duchess is wearing over her bikini has been identified.

Three hundred and two pounds - that's pounds, not dollars - is being reported as the normal retail price. :lol:

Last edited:
Pictures shouldn't be published, but I guess their back from their vacation by now.

HTML:
Pictures shouldn't be published, but I guess their back from their vacation by now.

I saw somewhere Dman - can't remember where - no return to the UK until February 9th.

George is sweet and has grown up a lot, I think he looks a lot like both of William and Harry when they were his age. Even though the photos are nice I do agree with Dman that since this was a private holiday the photos shouldn't have been published, but it's very easy in the modern world to capture a photo of a royal or famous person if one sees them out and about. And people like to post photos of their outings on social media (especially if they've seen a royal or famous person on that outing), so I guess the photos were bound to be posted onto the internet eventually.

Last edited:
George is sweet and has grown up a lot, I think he looks a lot like both of William and Harry when they were his age. Even though the photos are nice I do agree with Dman that since this was a private holiday the photos shouldn't have been published, but it's very easy in the modern world to capture a photo of a royal or famous person if one sees them out and about. And people like to post photos of their outings on social media (especially if they've seen a royal or famous person on that outing), so I guess the photos were bound to be posted onto the internet eventually.
I agree if they had been a random person taking one snapshot. That is more okay. But these seem paparazzi to me and that's a whole other thing to me. Purposely following a family to another country to take sneak pictures of them. Just snapping a shot by chance feels much less intrusive to me.

The thing is eveyr years there are snaps of the couple in Mustique, every year! I don't get the surprise!

The thing is eveyr years there are snaps of the couple in Mustique, every year! I don't get the surprise!

I'm not surprised either since I have seen the previous paparazzi photos from Mustique and I know there are photos every year. It's expected with royals who are as "major" as the Cambridges. I was talking more in a general sense in how it's easier to photograph a royal/famous person now since we have a lot more pocket sized and more portable technology to do so, and also social media.

Mr Niraj Tanna is tweeting that there may be photos of the Duchess of Cambrige in her swimsuit - a bikini - being circulated in Germany.

If such photos exist, they will be out soon no doubt.

And the New York Daily News website has another photo of the Duchess, Nanny and PG from behind as they walk away from the photographer.

Well, Tanna would know...:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom