The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think people often forget that Catherine is a mother of two and her time is often taken up by them. She do her duties, but her life is busy at home too.

Princess Kate enjoyed an artsy outing in London on Thursday.

Kate, who earned an art history degree at St. Andrew’s University (where she met and fell in love with husband Prince William!), opened new areas of the prestigious Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A) close to her London home at Kensington Palace.

After a brief tour, she attended a reception in Blavatnik Hall to meet those who helped pull off the project, before unveiling a commemorative plaque in Sackler Courtyard to officially mark the opening of the V&A Exhibition Road Quart
Read more: Princess Kate Visits Victoria and Albert Museum

Last edited:
I'd love to visit the V&A when the new refurbishments have been completed.
The clip of Catherine and the little flower girl was so cute!

I am posting this here because I am not quite sure where I should put it. The Spanish State Dinner had the media and not a few of us looking at Catherine's decolletage and the stunning Ruby and Diamond Bandeau nestled there, so much so that we missed her face.

Oh dear, social media and youtube are catching up and there are a succession of photographs beginning with the dinner that shows Catherine as "stony faced" and I have to admit they are right, she is.

What happened between these photos and no, I do not believe as some have surmised that she was suddenly overcome by wearing Diana's favourite tiara and the upcoming 20th anniversary of her death as posited by some so-called knowledgeable commentators. For one thing, the Spencer Tiara was her favourite tiara and the LK was known to give her headaches.

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/12/590x/kate-middleton-duchess-of-cambridge-828056.jpg

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img...ictures-Poland-tour-Prince-William-829793.jpg

There were several other more graphic examples but I was unable to link them.

While they are supposing their little hearts out as to what is going on I have to admit that I too am wondering at her "stop a train in its tracks" look or, as my sister (a total fan) remarked "what on earth happened, her face looks like a ruptured gumboot?". I said I hadn't a clue, and I doubt anyone outside of the two of them do. But after watching several videos covering the last couple of weeks I have to admit I am beginning to think something is up.

Just to show that all is "personally well" with both she and William here is a beautiful warm shot.
http://www.therealmyroyals.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/g6.jpg

I am posting this here because I am not quite sure where I should put it. The Spanish State Dinner had the media and not a few of us looking at Catherine's decolletage and the stunning Ruby and Diamond Bandeau nestled there, so much so that we missed her face.

Oh dear, social media and youtube are catching up and there are a succession of photographs beginning with the dinner that shows Catherine as "stony faced" and I have to admit they are right, she is.

What happened between these photos and no, I do not believe as some have surmised that she was suddenly overcome by wearing Diana's favourite tiara and the upcoming 20th anniversary of her death as posited by some so-called knowledgeable commentators. For one thing, the Spencer Tiara was her favourite tiara and the LK was known to give her headaches.

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/12/590x/kate-middleton-duchess-of-cambridge-828056.jpg

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img...ictures-Poland-tour-Prince-William-829793.jpg

While they are supposing their little hearts out as to what is going on I have to admit that I too am wondering at her "stop a train in its tracks" look or, as my sister (a total fan) remarked "what on earth happened, her face looks like a ruptured gumboot?". I said I hadn't a clue, and I doubt anyone outside of the two of them do. But after watching several videos covering the last couple of weeks I have to admit I am beginning to think something is up.

Just to show that all is "personally well" with both she and William here is a beautiful warm shot.

I think Catherine's nerves was getting to her at the State Banquet. Pretty harmless, of course. If you pay attention to the royals faces at these Banquets, they all seem to be rather bored stiff and nervous at the same time. It's like their faces drop. It's very weird.

I personally think the Majesty of it all gets to them. Also, the speeches aren't any help. There's no joy nor humor in them. If so, it would at least help break the nervous tension and help everyone at the dinner relax. A lump would be in my throat if I was there.

Last edited:
Photos are only a moment in time though, as we've always said. I don't think any royals attend very formal occasions grinning their heads off. There are probably some quite boring times between courses and when listening to bland and rather uninteresting speeches at banquets. There can be language difficulties in having a full conversation with the person sitting next to you as well. I would guess that many of these photos of Kate and others were taken when listening (or not!) to the speeches.

Photos are only a moment in time though, as we've always said. I don't think any royals attend very formal occasions grinning their heads off. There are probably some quite boring times between courses and when listening to bland and rather uninteresting speeches at banquets. There can be language difficulties in having a full conversation with the person sitting next to you as well. I would guess that many of these photos of Kate and others were taken when listening (or not!) to the speeches.

Listening to those speeches can't be easy. I've listened to plenty in my day. Also, it's very hard for people to believe that the royals get nervous too. People think because they attend countless banquets and other royal functions, they are at ease at these things. It's far from the truth. The royals do get bored and even nervous when on duty.

I could tell Catherine was a little nervous and thinking when listening to the speeches. That's why her eyes were wondering a bit.

I also thought something is up when I first saw that picture of Catherine sitting at the dinner..that girl showed she was not a happy camper at all....it is like, get me out of here now type of look on her face. IMO I think there must be times when it is very difficult to be a royal, sure the lifestyle is very different from all of us and they don't have the financial worries that many do, yet those meetings, the events, the tours, and life planned to the minute must drive anyone up a wall at times, I could not do that for all the money in the world, and yet when born into a royal family there is that sense of commitment they are brought up with. They really have very little freedom in life to be just spur of the moment type of thing.. yet in looking at today's event maybe that visit to the camp helped put things in better perspective not just for them but for everybody who went there.

I think that the younger royals need to visit these places, all royal families should at one time pay a visit there to remind them that we can not let this ever happen again.

:previous:Agreed. I looked up images of Catherine at the Chinese State Banquet and when she was listening to speeches, she had the same look.

Catherine also was sitting in an awkward spot - on the end of the main table.

There isn't an engagement where the royals don't look tired, bored, sleepy etc. It's just being selective in the photos you choose.

MARG you selectively post photos to show something must be 'up' and of course go on to say we'll never know what it is.

You then cover yourself by posting a photo to show all is 'personally well' between William and Catherine

It must have taken you awhile to figure out how you were going to get this speculation past the moderators.

Well played :lol:

Last edited:
I know the solution to all this and I will share it with you. As we all know, those state banquets come with the run of the mill long, boring speeches. Our Kate has found a way to get through them without having her face end up in the soup because she's fallen asleep.

(mimicking Sebastian Shakespeare) I can now let it be known that the trick Duchess Kate has to keep her mind active during these speeches is none other than trying to get through the Periodic Table Song without a mistake in her head. Its a challenge that she hopes to master and have handy to teach George when he turns 4.

Queen Silvia has said she gets through long speeches by tickling her palate with the tip of her tongue

At weddings we always have 'a book on' [a bet] for how long the speeches last...
It is remarkable how much easier it is to pay attention if [a small amount of] money depends upon it [and ones timing it]...

There isn't an engagement where the royals don't look tired, bored, sleepy etc. It's just being selective in the photos you choose.

MARG you selectively post photos to show something must be 'up' and of course go on to say we'll never know what it is.

You then cover yourself by posting a photo to show all is 'personally well' between William and Catherine

It must have taken you awhile to figure out how you were going to get this speculation past the moderators.

Well played :lol:
Of course the photos were selective. I was illustrating what was being discussed at length on line and, as I said, there were quite a few other examples I was unable to link. As to why I would feel the need to "cover myself", from what?

My interest was piqued by watching several royal video's which last longer than a momentary snap. At one stage at the banquet in the short time it was filmed, Catherine actually slumped and looked quite dejected. My guess would have been the dinner partners from hell and a headache from the LK tiara, but the other occasions did not have the dynamics of a banquet.

As to "speculation" and "the moderators', we have all discussed the demeanour of royals. Many people have called Anne, Princess Royal. grumpy, impatient, intolerant etc.(quite wrongly IMO), and HM is said to have lamented that she herself didn't have the smiling resting face of her mother.

To be honest, I think Dman's explanation sounds the most common sense, quite natural in fact.

Last edited:
^^^
Non of that addresses you think something is 'up', a very careful use of words imo.

What could be 'up'?

Dman's explantion of nerves and slight boredom you say you agree with would mean nothing was 'up' Nerves are nerves and boredom is boredom. Just that simple.

That you reassure us all is 'personally well' between the couple is again a very careful use of words on your part.

Why would anyone think things aren't personally well? Unless that's what you were trying to suggest in the first place.

Last edited:
Its been six years and people are on the search for shaky grounds.

Its been six years and people are on the search for shaky grounds.

Heaven forbid they ever not be smiling at each other or when in each other's presence ....

LaRae

Nothing to see here folks move along.
Let me be clear. I believe something was bothering Catherine. Furthermore, I do not believe it was a problem in her marriage, a falling out with her husband, etc. I was not speculating on their marriage or their children.

While people cannot keep smiling all the time, Catherine has almost perfected the non-committal resting smile which is why such a change was noticeable. I was thinking that perhaps she was in physical discomfort because even royals are not exempt from knocks wrenches, back strain, etc. :bang:

Maybe she had a killer migraine and headache. It's so horrible the divorces of the BRF occurred because now whenever 1/2 of a couple looks glum there is automatically trouble in the relationship; and yet when they smile or look happy they are said to be faking or putting on an act.

Let me be clear. I believe something was bothering Catherine. Furthermore, I do not believe it was a problem in her marriage, a falling out with her husband, etc. I was not speculating on their marriage or their children.

While people cannot keep smiling all the time, Catherine has almost perfected the non-committal resting smile which is why such a change was noticeable. I was thinking that perhaps she was in physical discomfort because even royals are not exempt from knocks wrenches, back strain, etc. :bang:

Actually, I think Catherine has quite a lot of work to do on the non-committal resting smile. I thought she looked very detached, and possibly, nervous and uncomfortable at the Chinese state banquet as well as the Spanish one. At state banquets, ever so often, you get a similar glimpse of Camilla as well.

IMO, this is because both the ladies are quite conscience of having the cameras on them, and having to appear engaged all along, and not appearing to emote in any way. This must bring on a combination of nerves, tension and anxiety - but is something that they must learn to cope with. Camilla is a lot further down this path than Catherine is, just because she has been doing it since 2005. Catherine has only jut attended 2 banquets yet.

Remember pretty much the only video/pictures we get of the RF at State Banquets are during the speeches and at both the Chinese and Spanish state banquets the visiting Head of State made his speech in his native tongue. I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm guessing I would look pretty out of it/bothered/detached listening to someone speak in another language I don't understand for 5minutes or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom