The Birth of HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: May 2, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guys, this is the BIRTH thread.
We already have a 'possible names' thread, and it can be found here.
The increasing number of posts that were made arguing the merits or otherwise of naming the new Princess 'Diana' have been moved to the NAMES thread.

Warren
British Forums moderator

Sorry if I insist, but who brought the announcement to BP? I saw no cars or press secretary come out of the Lindo... Did I miss something?

So happy for her quick delivery of a healthy baby after those months of misery she endured at the beginning. Hope they can go home ASAP, didn't cp Victoria leave just a few hours after Estelle's birth?

There was an official 'crier' who announced the birth. Then they posted the card up for public view like they did for George.

LaRae

There was an official 'crier' who announced the birth. Then they posted the card up for public view like they did for George.

LaRae

I know, but when George was born we clearly saw the press secretary leaving the hospital and hand in the communiquè!

So happy for her quick delivery of a healthy baby after those months of misery she endured at the beginning. Hope they can go home ASAP, didn't cp Victoria leave just a few hours after Estelle's birth?

She left around 6/7 hours after the birth of Estelle.

Originally they said she would be in overnight but if there no issues they can go home, which means that circus, complete with paps, teddy bears, and heaven knows what else can go home too.

I bet they leave by 4 pm or so.

How WONDERFUL! I am so excited for the family. I was convinced it was going to be another boy, but I am so thrilled that it's a girl!

PA Royal Reporters @PARoyal
#Breaking The Duke of Cambridge's uncle Earl Spencer said: "It's wonderful news - we are all thrilled for all four of them." #RoyalBaby

I think if her hairdresser has been spotted there then it is as good as confirmation that she will leave today.

Has she even been there long enough to need a blow out? :lol: I'll believe the hairdresser is there when I see the picture. I think the date of departure will give us a read on how patient/impatient the Cambridges are to get in a new baby groove at Anmer.

Twitter had a post or two that Charles is at Highgrove - can anyone confirm (I read it in reposts from an american that offrend no source). I know that would be a normal weekend for him. And has anyone heard where the Duchess of Cornwall is spending the weekend?
The Queen has an Engagement today.
The Middletons are probably headed to the hospital as I type.

what a wonderful news !
i was hoping for a girl , i love the british females royals.
congratulations for the happy parents .
can't wait to know the name of the princess ?

I know, but when George was born we clearly saw the press secretary leaving the hospital and hand in the communiquè!

There's stills online showing it ...I saw it in one of the links I clicked on earlier...

LaRae

There's stills online showing it ...I saw it in one of the links I clicked on earlier...

LaRae

I guess that because last time even though they went through that ritual the birth was announced by Twitter well before the Buckingham Palace notice was completed so it was decided to do away with it this time. This time they have also used Twitter so it's not like the palace didn't know.

gurl.jpg BA arrivals board at Heathrow

girl.jpg Post Office tower in Central London

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
The feeling at the Lindo Wing is that William & Kate will leave hospital today and show their little princess to the world.I'd say about 4pm

4 pm means in one hour from now! I hope it's true! :flowers:

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 1h 1 hour ago
.@JustinWelby : I'm delighted for the royal couple on this special day. May God bless them and both of their children " #RoyalBaby

I wonder when they'll announce her name... today? Tomorrow? Two days from now? That's the next biggest wait for us!

I wonder when they'll announce her name... today? Tomorrow? Two days from now? That's the next biggest wait for us!
In the press brief some week ago they said they would announce the name when they have gotten back home

Some of the media seem to half think and hope the child will Be bedecked in those princess cone hats and Cinderella dresses before she can walk so She can fit the popular media's Disney Princess obsession.

:whistling:The Mail Online always has to find the negative in the positive. They're already predicting that she will have problems because she is the "spare", bashing the Middletons and saying that Charles is complaining he doesn't get to see the baby ( has he even had time to yet? She just barely had it).

Last edited:
Congratulations to Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on this very special day. May the little girl have a happy and prosperous life. It is a joyful event, let us all be grateful and sincere.

Where can we see this on U.S. TV? CNN does not appear to be covering it.

Will BBC America?

Never mind - CNN just went to the hospital coverage

Back
Top Bottom