The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-09-2015, 12:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Absolutely agree. At least we could be talking about what nursery school she attends first.

Depends on if they make Norfolk their primary residence even after the kids reach school age. Part of me thinks they will- dramatic increase in paparazzi attention if the kids are in school in London.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 05-09-2015, 12:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Who cares if they were regents or consorts, they were Queens nonetheless. Any member of the family not named Elizabeth, Victoria, Anne, or Mary would be the first Queen Regant with their name. If Elizabeth had died her sister would be the first Queen Margaret. If hAlf the family falls into a fault line that sprung up over night then a Queen Zara, Beatrice, or Eugenie would be the first QR with their name. If Charles had kicked the bucket it would be the first King Andrew.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-09-2015, 12:11 AM
Serene Highness

Do we think George will go to Ludgrove then?
Old 05-09-2015, 12:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Who cares if they were regents or consorts, they were Queens nonetheless. Any member of the family not named Elizabeth, Victoria, Anne, or Mary would be the first Queen Regant with their name. If Elizabeth had died her sister would be the first Queen Margaret. If hAlf the family falls into a fault line that sprung up over night then a Queen Zara, Beatrice, or Eugenie would be the first QR with their name. If Charles had kicked the bucket it would be the first King Andrew.
Actually, Margaret would have been the second Queen Margaret, as there was a Scottish Monarch with that name.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I think George will probably go to Ludgrove as his prep school when he's ready to go off to boarding school. Both William and Harry were happy there. He may well go on to Eton as William enjoyed his time at the school.

I've often wished though that the BRF would choose a good foreign boarding school, in France or Switzerland perhaps, where the tutoring is of a high standard but the students can really learn two or three foreign languages. William's French is atrocious and it would be good for George to speak other languages fluently and well. Other heirs do.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I think George will probably go to Ludgrove as his prep school when he's ready to go off to boarding school. Both William and Harry were happy there. He may well go on to Eton as William enjoyed his time at the school.

I've often wished though that the BRF would choose a good foreign boarding school, in France or Switzerland perhaps, where the tutoring is of a high standard but the students can really learn two or three foreign languages. William's French is atrocious and it would be good for George to speak other languages fluently and well. Other heirs do.
For a variety of reasons, I very much doubt they would send their children to boarding school abroad (primarily because the BRF don't tend to look outside of Britain for education, and when they do, it's in other Commonwealth countries). I think learning foreign languages is important, but, of course, it's often not a top priority for native English speakers. Also, I know many people who were educated in British schools but can still speak at least one foreign language quite well (though it tends to depend on how motivated the student is to learn a foreign language, as spending a year or summer abroad during university seems to be common among those who speak a foreign language well. Even then, though, for most native English speakers, those language skills are likely to get rusty through lack of use over the years).
Old 05-09-2015, 01:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Carole Middleton will be living at Anmer Hall for a month | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-09-2015, 01:44 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

How about we stick to the present, instead of guessing where the Cambridge children will be receiving their education.

Any further posts discussing things way off in the future will be removed.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the Daily Fail's editors, sensing a certain anti-Carole Middleton feeling among those who comment on-line, are sniffing the wind. If they can get a few juicy stories out there about Carole completely taking over the supervision of Anmer while Kate relaxes with George and Charlotte, they'll do it. Pure Clickbait!

Actually, Carole was spotted at the Pot Kiln pub only a few miles from Bucklebury today.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlotte is cute and fat with fat cheeks and lovely baby fat that just makes you want to kiss her all over.
On a related issue....to the woman on here who have had children, how long did you stay at the hospital? I think Kate didn't beat Victoria's time, but they seemed to be ready to go quite fast. So I was just wondering how it was dealt with by other women.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Courtier

I do wonder what source does the DM have about Carole moving in.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Several off-topic and/or argumentative posts that having nothing to do with the birth of Princess Charlotte nor even vaguely related to it have been deleted.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Charlotte is cute and fat with fat cheeks and lovely baby fat that just makes you want to kiss her all over.
On a related issue....to the woman on here who have had children, how long did you stay at the hospital? I think Kate didn't beat Victoria's time, but they seemed to be ready to go quite fast. So I was just wondering how it was dealt with by other women.
My youngest is 15 and I stayed about two and a half days. I think it is pretty common now for women to go home the next day. It's usually better to recover at home as long as the mother and child are healthy and there were no complications. We know that Catherine has plenty of practical and emotional support. She not only has her family, but she has a staff, including a nanny. She also has access to the best of medical care and body guards who are trained to deal with emergency medical situations.

Also, there are all sorts of bacteria and viruses in hospitals, no matter how many times things are sterilized. I have heard that there are sections of of Europe where home deliveries are more common than hospital deliveries. Hospital deliveries have only been the norm for about 50 or 60 years.

Hospital care was very important years ago, but medical technology has now evolved to the point that good medical care can be provided at home. We will all spend less time in the hospital throughout our lives than our parents and grandparents did.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

It was reported that Zara left with Mia after 6 hours.

I also have a niece who left after 6 hours in the UK but her sister was 8 hours here in Australia.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

6 hrs and 8 hrs makes me wonder why doctors stopped making house calls. But then again it's probably best to be at a hospital in cSe of complocations with the baby or mom. Just recently I believe some woman had between a 60-76hr labor here in the states.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
6 hrs and 8 hrs makes me wonder why doctors stopped making house calls. But then again it's probably best to be at a hospital in cSe of complocations with the baby or mom. Just recently I believe some woman had between a 60-76hr labor here in the states.
Well, I think it's an oft-debated topic, but it's considered by most to be a good idea to give birth in a hospital because of potential complications, like you mentioned. From what I can tell, it certainly seems that women in the US stay in the hospital longer after giving birth (I don't think I've ever heard of someone leaving the same day). I've also noticed that most of the people I know (both in real life and online) who expressed shock/surprise at how quickly Kate left the hospital after Charlotte's birth were almost all Americans. The only thing that surprises me about how quickly some women are discharged is the fact that post-birth complications aren't necessarily apparent in the first 6 or 8 hours. I know Kate would certainly have access to medical care even at home, but do ordinary people tend to get at-home check-ups or anything? I just don't know how exactly that process works.

Also, while it doesn't necessarily surprise me that Kate or other royal women leave the hospital so quickly, I do wonder how they manage to walk out and stand in front of the press (and in high-heels, no less). I've never given birth, but my cousin had her first baby around the same time that George was born, and she was shocked at Kate's ability to go stand out there and speak to the press for a few minutes so soon after having given birth (because, from her perspective, that would've been near-impossible).
Old 05-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Those hours are post-birth and thus not including labour. I would imagine that if the woman had had a protracted labour they would stay longer but when it is a straight forward, normal birth then there is no real reason to stay in hospital.

As for the post-birth care. My niece had a nurse call in and see her about three hours after she arrived home and again the next morning and every morning for a week or so.

As for Kate walking out so soon - that is one of the arguments given to justify the 'surrogacy' theories that are all over the internet - especially on Royal Gossip and less so on Royal Dish.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Those hours are post-birth and thus not including labour. I would imagine that if the woman had had a protracted labour they would stay longer but when it is a straight forward, normal birth then there is no real reason to stay in hospital.
Oh, yes, I realize we're talking post-birth. I think part of the reason it makes me slightly worried about leaving so soon is because when I was born, my mother was only in labor for 6 hours, and it was a straightforward, normal birth. However, my mother did have some relatively minor, non-life threatening complications afterward (although I don't think they were immediately apparent), and she ended up staying in the hospital for 6 days. I've also heard of cases where women developed complications at home but didn't realize how serious they were because they weren't accustomed to what's considered normal, whereas a medical professional would be. Of course, I realize a lot of people (especially royals) are surrounded with help of various kinds once they get home, be it a nurse or family members.

Edit to add: I see you added a couple of things - interesting about the post-birth care. I don't think it's the norm to have nurse check-ups at home in the US, which is perhaps why the hospital stays are longer.

Interesting about the conspiracy theories - do they have similar theories about other royal ladies who leave the hospital so soon? Because I know Kate's not the only one, but I realize a lot of people don't pay attention to other royal families.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

As for the post-birth care. My niece had a nurse call in and see her about three hours after she arrived home and again the next morning and every morning for a week or so.

As for Kate walking out so soon - that is one of the arguments given to justify the 'surrogacy' theories that are all over the internet - especially on Royal Gossip and less so on Royal Dish.
People cannot seem to accept the fact that everyone is different. With my first child I could very well have done what Kate did. I had minimal medication/sedation and I think that makes a huge difference. As to the "surrogacy" theories I think that is just an excuse to make such comments because there were people saying that BEFORE she had George. It seems for some people if you are not enormous during your pregnancy then CERTAINLY you must have had a surrogate. Just more excuses to bad mouth Catherine, IMO.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I had all 3 of my children without medications. I could of gone home during the same time frame Kate did with the second 2. The first was 2 months early and 3 days of labor so I stayed longer.

My daughter had a baby in December...she went home within 24 hours. That seems to be the trend I am hearing about nowdays.

Using midwives is on the rise too and home births.

LaRae