The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the meaning of the names is pretty simple actually. Charlotte: a lovely name, traditional but modern too. A name that encloses both family: Charles, Philippa Charlotte. (Hint to Carol as well)
Elizabeth: the queen obviously. But aso a reference to Kate's second name Catherine Elizabeth. Carole is also Carole Elizabeth.
Diana: well, no need for words...

Really, i think it is pretty clear...

Old 05-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

William didn't want to speak to the Press because Nicholas Witchell of the BBC was at the shared microphone. They were going to say a few words before William caught a glimpse of Witchell.

William, and his father, loathe Witchell ever since that photo-op at the ski resort just before Charles and Camilla's wedding. Charles made his feelings clear under his breath then, and William seems to be continuing the grudge.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Serene Highness

People are making mountains out of mole hills to have something to yak about... It was a birth of a beautiful baby girl but it was simple and quick with no harrowing complications so no drama to speak of and since we won't see photos of her to obsess or as it happens critique for awhile nitpicking blindingly obvious and expected name choices are all people have.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
The only name that we know for sure was named after someone is Diana. The other 2 names could be for a royal or a Middleton or a spencer or just because they like it.

We knew Elizabeth was for sure. Likely they choose that in honor of The Queen first and foremost.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Serene Highness

I don't know. If they were going to use Diana for his mother it would look like an insult and maybe even somewhat hurtful to Charles not to put his name in also.I can't see William wanting that as he loves both of his parents dearly. I think the Charlotte is for him and it is a nice fluke it is her sisters middle name also.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:18 AM
Majesty

[Infact, I was logging into my computer to see if baby Cambridge had been born when the earthquake hit. It violently shook the room.

Baby Charlotte Elizabeth Diana will always be linked to a 4.2 earthquake]//quote

Queen Camilla, you are being facetious, right? Is that what they are saying in Britain and the Commonwealth? Or only in your area?

Charles and Camilla got married during the week of the death and funeral of St. John Paul II. Are they forever linked to that sad event of unprecedented worldwide mourning?
Old 05-05-2015, 10:23 AM
Serene Highness

Well said Moonmaiden23 - that there was an earthquake in LA [on the Princess' Birthday is scarcely unusual], and IS unknown to 99.9% of the British on Commonwealth populations who are most relevant to the baby's birth !
Old 05-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Serene Highness

So many horrible things are happening in world right now. At least her day is Clear of Earthquake and terror attacks and shootings.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Well said Moonmaiden23 - that there was an earthquake in LA [on the Princess' Birthday is scarcely unusual], and IS unknown to 99.9% of the British on Commonwealth populations who are most relevant to the baby's birth !
What was truly earth shaking was the anticipation of the little one's birth. We waited and waited and waited and finally it happened and the crowd roared and celebrated.

While the 4.2 quake in Michigan was a rare occurrence for that area, the earth is always shaking, rattling and rolling right along. There were 227 earthquakes of various magnitudes recorded on the little one's birthdate.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...me%22%7D%7D%7D
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 05-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
William didn't want to speak to the Press because Nicholas Witchell of the BBC was at the shared microphone. They were going to say a few words before William caught a glimpse of Witchell.

William, and his father, loathe Witchell ever since that photo-op at the ski resort just before Charles and Camilla's wedding. Charles made his feelings clear under his breath then, and William seems to be continuing the grudge.
This is the story that the Daily Mail have generated. There's no evidence that William shares his father's view (or indeed that Charles still feels the same way). This story just makes mischief and encourages its readers to vent their dislike of the Royals - just see the comments at the end of the story. ( I don't mean you Currylong) It was a lovely day and the Press were happy to get their pics both of the new Princess and George.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

I'm not so sure that's the reason. According to an article in the Telegraph, Kate supposedly said it was too cold and wanted to take the baby back inside.

Whatever the reason, I don't blame them for not speaking to the press. Kate had just given birth less than 10 hours ago. I imagine the last thing she wanted to do was stand at a microphone answering questions.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
http://i58.tinypic.com/oa14df.jpg
Ugh! She has an absolutely beautiful name, and the daily fail reduces it to "bonnie princess charlie!"😡
Did you think they wouldn't.

I think Queen Camilla meant that she would always remember Charlottes birthday because of the earth quake. Just the way I remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news about Diana.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I'm not so sure that's the reason. According to an article in the Telegraph, Kate supposedly said it was too cold and wanted to take the baby back inside.

Whatever the reason, I don't blame them for not speaking to the press. Kate had just given birth less than 10 hours ago. I imagine the last thing she wanted to do was stand at a microphone answering questions.

A mother wanting to protect her new born daughter from the chilly weather? Oh that's crazy....of course it was because of some random journalist who nobody gives a crap about.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
[Infact, I was logging into my computer to see if baby Cambridge had been born when the earthquake hit. It violently shook the room.

Baby Charlotte Elizabeth Diana will always be linked to a 4.2 earthquake]//quote

Queen Camilla, you are being facetious, right? Is that what they are saying in Britain and the Commonwealth? Or only in your area?

Charles and Camilla got married during the week of the death and funeral of St. John Paul II. Are they forever linked to that sad event of unprecedented worldwide mourning?
Felt the same quake!!!
Old 05-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
All I'm saying is we don't know why they chose the names really we think we do but who knows. Kate might be thinking of her mother with Elizabeth while William is thinking if his grandmother. So not even you Nico really knows what's in their minds. Let's just be glad she's a healthy little baby instead of talking about whose she's named after. I don't remember everyone pulling George's names apart.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
AMEN to that! Their daughter they can chose any name they see it right.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

has anyone posted this yet?

Kensington PalaceVerified account ‏@KensingtonRoyal The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have formally registered the birth of Princess Charlotte

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...86840029167616
Old 05-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 22 minutes ago:
Prince Charles is paying another visit to Kensington Palace to see his grand-daughter #PrincessCharlotteElizabethDiana

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 16 minutes ago:
Charles is at Kensington Palace as we speak and no doubt enjoying a cuddle with his much-wanted grand-daughter.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 22 minutes ago:
Prince Charles is paying another visit to Kensington Palace to see his grand-daughter #PrincessCharlotteElizabethDiana

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 16 minutes ago:
Charles is at Kensington Palace as we speak and no doubt enjoying a cuddle with his much-wanted grand-daughter.
Goodness gracious, that little princess most definitely will have her grandpapa wrapped around her precious fingers for her whole life. So sweet!
Old 05-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Felt the same quake!!!
The birth caused quakes??? Don't tell the DM or People Mag that, I think we all know where they will go with it....
Old 05-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Israeli president gives Princess Charlotte a dress and brooch to mark the royal baby's birth-
Israeli president gives Princess Charlotte a dress and brooch to mark the royal baby's birth - Telegraph
It would be nice to see a photo of the dress and brooch. Maybe Charlotte will wear them in a photo soon.