The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-02-2015, 09:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Good ole Daily Fail .... set them up to then knock them down OR is it knock them down and then set them up? They can't seem to make up their minds. It just seems they want to create some turmoil.
They're also already asking if new princess Cambridge be a "tragedy in the making" while she's still less than a day old. I'd take them with a large grain of salt - I'm surprised they took a break from their endless coverage of the Kardashians to even announce the birth

Old 05-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am so mad right now. I just could not hang on for any longer, so left the DVR running and recording while I crashed, only to find when it was time for the 6pm News that...For some odd reason, our downstairs satellite receiver has become synched w/the one up here. What that means is, whenever the one up here has the channel changed, the one downstairs does too and...,I have nothing of George coming to see his baby sister or of the little Princess' introduction to the World.

And I left on BBC World too!!!

Grrr!!!

She is such a little Sweetie!! Wonder how it'll take before patterns of the little Sweetheart's bonnet pops up?

Sigh....Such a happy day!!! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 05-02-2015, 09:11 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to William and Catherine on their beautiful daughter! George is going to be a great big brother!
Old 05-02-2015, 09:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I am so mad right now. I just could not hang on for any longer, so left the DVR running and recording while I crashed, only to find when it was time for the 6pm News that...For some odd reason, our downstairs satellite receiver has become synched w/the one up here. What that means is, whenever the one up here has the channel changed, the one downstairs does too and...,I have nothing of George coming to see his baby sister or of the little Princess' introduction to the World.

And I left on BBC World too!!!

Grrr!!!

She is such a little Sweetie!! Wonder how it'll take before patterns of the little Sweetheart's bonnet pops up?

Sigh....Such a happy day!!! :)

There are video clips of both up on youtube - I'd repost them but I already did if you scroll through the thread

Old 05-02-2015, 09:20 PM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to the couple for their beautiful little girl.George is such a cutie pie and I absolutely adored his wave.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:21 PM
Gentry

I would think you would be staying longer in hospital; I was 2 days before I went home and that was on doctors orders
Old 05-02-2015, 09:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
William is both a Prince and a Duke, so his wife is both a Princess and a Duke, while their children are just a Prince and a Princess.

I don't think Kate is a Duke, unless gender neutrality in the English language has been raised to a new level !
Old 05-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I don't think Kate is a Duke, unless gender neutrality in the English language has been raised to a new level !
Eh, I was the one who asked the question and I got the meaning. It gets confusing the more titles they get.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I absolutely love this photo.
What are they looking up at?
Old 05-02-2015, 09:40 PM
Commoner

Daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - who is excited

Who is excited about the new royal in the house of Windsor? I am!
Old 05-02-2015, 09:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Statement by the President and First Lady Congratulating Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge:

"Michelle and I are delighted to congratulate the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, her Majesty the Queen and the Royal Family, and all the people of the United Kingdom on the birth of the Royal Princess. On behalf of the American people, we wish the Duke and Duchess and their son George much joy and happiness on the occasion of the arrival of the newest member of their family."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...yal-highnesses

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
What are they looking up at?
There were people in the windows waving to them.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:04 PM
Serene Highness

She's as cute as a bug!
I had a C-section, and I was out of the hospital after two nights and a few hours!
Old 05-02-2015, 10:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
There are video clips of both up on youtube - I'd repost them but I already did if you scroll through the thread

Thanks, but have seen them and not the point. I have everything from George's Birth on DVD thanks to the DVR. To think I would have The same w/this sweet Princess and I don't is....Maddening!!

Old 05-02-2015, 10:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 6h 6 hours ago
Royal gun salutes will be fired in Hyde Park and at the Tower of London at 2pm on Monday to mark the birth of the new princess of Cambridge.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-02-2015, 10:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by janjan View Post
so why did kate leave the hospital so soon isn't it like 2 days to stay in once u have a baby
If there is no reason to stay in hospital they don't stay there.

Diana was out within 24 hours with both her boys and that was in the early 80s when most people were still staying in overnight or longer.

Kate stayed a little longer with George.

Zara left the hospital six hours after Mia was born.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

Diana was out within 24 hours with both her boys and that was in the early 80s when most people were still staying in overnight or longer.

I agree. Also, they will have a nurse or doctor at home I guess so it's not like she has to be kept "under observation" or learn how to breastfeed and stuff. That plus the disturbance for other patients and residents, the security threat + them having anothing kid makes getting out of there as soon as the doctor okays it is the most logical way.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
So for the time being are their titles Duke, Duchess, Prince and Princess? Or is Prince William still Prince so it's Prince, Duchess, Prince and Princess? Titles confuse me.
William was born HRH Prince William of Wales. On his wedding day he was promoted from Prince to Duke as a substantive title is superior to a style such as Prince.

As a consequence Kate became HRH The Duchess of Cambridge on her wedding day. Otherwise she would have been known as HRH Princess William of Wales.

George is Prince George under both the 1917 LPs of George V and the later LPs of 2013 of QEII.

The new baby is HRH Princess xxxx of Cambridge under the 2013 LPs that extended the HRH Prince/Princess style to ALL children of William. Without that the baby would have been Lady xxxx Mountbatten-Windsor.

Harry's children, if born in the present reign and if no new LPs are issued will be born as Lord/Lady xxxx of whatever title Harry is given.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

It makes no sense for Kate, who is fairly well-to-do, after all, and who lives in coughing distance of the hospital, to stay in hospital imo. Why not go home as soon as one can? Far more comfortable and cozy, especially with a little toddler running about eager to see his new sister. So much better than a hospital. Plus all those royal visitors, just makes more sense for privacy.

As others have mentioned, too, it must be a strain on the hospital staff with all the security and logistics involved having a royal patient. Better for all the 'regular' patients to have the hub-bub abate. Makes sense to me.

BTW I was fascinated that we were able to watch the drive from the hospital back to Kensington Palace. It really was a short drive. Of course, the outriders were 'paving the way', but still, under 5 minutes, I think.