Prince William's Service in the Royal Air Force

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for Prince William, thanks for posting the link to the story, I've been wanting some news about him in the Falklands!

Last edited:
According to the media, William is a bad flying omen. Remember his and Kate's crazy near miss when returning from Denmark? :rolleyes:

What happened re: the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's near miss on return from Denmark?

Ah, just read about it online. Their plane narrowly averted hitting another as they were landing and had to do a fly around. They were "unnerved." I'd be terrified! But, yes, I've often thought Prince William's job is a risky one and hope he remains safe.

Oh no! Now the press is going to be all over the place trying to discover the name of William's new penguin. :bang: My guess is that he's taking it home for his wife.

Penguins are cute :wub:. That would be a pretty exotic pet to have at home :D.

Penguins are cute :wub:. That would be a pretty exotic pet to have at home :D.

Love them too. Especially the cute blue ones in Australia I got to see up close in the wild.

Too bad it wasn't a real one. Could add to the menagerie of exotic animals the queen has donated to the London zoo. She has recieved everything from jaguars and sloths from Brazil to an elephant from Cameroon, over the years.

You know the Daily Star just had to publish a story like that didn't they? I suppose they figure that Catherine might read that William has been out partying and having fun with the women around town. It never ceases to amaze me how these papers look for anything to write about just to maybe start a rumor. It is so ridiculous.

You know the Daily Star just had to publish a story like that didn't they? I suppose they figure that Catherine might read that William has been out partying and having fun with the women around town. It never ceases to amaze me how these papers look for anything to write about just to maybe start a rumor. It is so ridiculous.

The article is totally harmless. Actually, it's rather good. No sensationalism, just a report.

Yes I suppose so Kittyatlanta. I just get so frustrated with those tabloids sometimes. They just love to cause trouble.

What's this I hear about a pet penguin?! Is it stuffed! I always say I will have a pet penguin one day.

The Duke of Cambridge has qualified as a Search and Rescue Operational captain. He took his captaincy tests on Tuesday 29th May. Announcement from Clarence House via Twitter.

Well done, William. A nice little pay rise coming his way. Maybe Kate could use some of it to buy some £800 shoes to please Liz Jones and the Daily Mail :rolleyes: .

Congratulations to Prince William! He's worked very hard for this. :clap:

Prince William qualifies as search and rescue captain in Royal Air Force
Prince William has qualified as an operational search and rescue captain just weeks before his 30th birthday, Clarence House has announced. The Duke of Cambridge, who turns 30 on June 21, started serving with the squadron at RAF Valley in Anglesey in 2010 as he believed it was best chance to 'serve operationally' in the Armed Forces as he was barred from going to Afghanistan unlike his brother Prince Harry. After completing his captaincy tests on May 29 and undergoing two years of flying experience in Sea King helicopters he will now be able to command operations, helping rescue distressed mountaineers or exhausted swimmers across the UK.

Nothing new in the article, for me anyway. PW can now fly the helicopter, not just navigate.

KittyAtlanta said:
Nothing new in the article, for me anyway. PW can now fly the helicopter, not just navigate.

That's a slightly major achievement.

Not worth getting into it, Lumutqueen. Some people felt that because he was 'only' co-pilot before this promotion all he did was sit in the helicopter enjoying the view.

Last edited:
Thanks NGalitzine - I've edited the article slightly to clarify the promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom