Prince William Created Duke of Cambridge: April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wbenson

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
United States
William-500.png

Arms of the Duke of Cambridge

The Queen has today been pleased to confer a Dukedom on Prince William of Wales. His titles will be Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn and Baron Carrickfergus.

Last edited:
Cambridge! How perfect! And the cool thing about being awake this early is seeing it show up on my Twitter feed as everyone else found out.

Earl of Strathearn and Baron Carrickfergus.noected with the duke title?

That sounds deliciously oldfashioned and lovely: Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and the Duchess of Cambridge :)

I like it. A lot of people in the forum seemed to have tipped this.

I was right! I called it a long time ago. Yay me. :)

It was the many suggestions by the royal experts.

I like it. A lot of people in the forum seemed to have tipped this.

I totally love it. Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!!

Personally would have prefered William not to be given an additional title - but Cambridge it is with the lesser titles reflecting aspects of both Scotland and Northern Ireland

And by the voters here at TRF.

Fantastic!

Just saw it on BBCA - Duke and Duchess of Cambridge! Yippee. (For another thread but I bet that means she'll get the Cambridge Lovers Knot at some point).

This is so exciting...I can't believe I am up at 3am!

I totally love it. Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!!

It just sounds good. I love it. Now I hope I'm 2 for 2 in predictions, as I have her wearing the Strathmore Rose tiara. :lol:

One of the good things about being up this early! The title is making me wonder about the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara for Catherine, but that is for a different thread...

Yay!!!! My favourite title!!!! Totally awesome!!!!

So their eldest son will be born HRH The Earl of STRATHEARN

Wow, Wikipedia is fast -- they already have William's new title up!

Cambridge has some nice history to it, linking William back to his great-great grandmother, Queen Mary.

Really love this new title. And I think it makes sense (to me at least) for a man who is one day likely to become Prince of Wales to not have a Welsh title given today, but for the lesser titles to represent Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Amazing that the TRF participants got it right !!

Glad that the title lives again...

He is of course the great-great-great-great grandson of Adolphus - the 7th son of George III who was also created Duke of Cambridge.

Duke of Cambridge - Mary Adelaide - Queen Mary - George VI - Elizabeth II - Charles - William

No - their eldest son - by the 1917 LPs will be HRH Prince xxxx of Cambridge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Just got up and honestly beyond excited :)

I'm just so damn happy. Let's get this show on the road.

As I've thought,my congratulations!

According to 1917 Letters Patent, the eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales is HRH Prince X of Y. So if their eldest son is named George, he'd be HRH Prince George of Cambridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom