Prince William Created Duke of Cambridge: April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally would have prefered William not to be given an additional title - but Cambridge it is with the lesser titles reflecting aspects of both Scotland and Northern Ireland

But it is nicer that Catherine will not have to be known as Princess William, which she would have been otherwise.

Duke of Cambridge... WOW, I didin't expected it to be honest but I'm glad that the Queen granted them in this way. Titles connected with Scotland and N.Ireland are great.

Wow! Well if he had to be granted another title to go along with Prince William, at least it's one of the most favored ones from this board. :flowers: I like that he also got two additional titles. I like the sound of all three!

I would want to be a princess not a duchess.

She still is a Princess. Just not a Princess in her own right.

She is Princess Wiliam but will be known as the Duchess of Cambridge.

Small correction, she will be "HRH Princess William, etc".

"The Prince(ss)" is only used for the children of the monarch, and the wives of the sons of the monarch.

Out of curiosity, when Charles becomes King, will "The Prince(ss) be added then?

Very excited, and I was so hoping for Cambridge! SO glad it happened!

Out of curiosity, when Charles becomes King, will "The Prince(ss) be added then?

Correct, although in practice it probably won't get used (just as she won't be called "Princess William" in three hours, even though she will be).

I would want to be a princess not a duchess.

She's marrying a prince, so she'll be a princess. However is also marrying a peer, and she'll be known by that title, which is Duchess of Cambridge.

Love the title! A loootttttt
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. Wonderful

Very excited, and I was so hoping for Cambridge! SO glad it happened!

Yes. Once Charles becomes King, William will become "The Prince William, The Duke of Cornwall and Cambridge" and Harry will become "The Prince Harry".

I was rather hoping it wouldn't be Cambridge, but I'm not surprised it is, considering Diana's connection to the Cambridge Lovers' Knot tiara, and Cambridge Emeralds. I'm sure we'll see them on Kate now.

ABC (and probably other networks) and "royal expert" bought into that story that the Queen might allow her to be called "Princess Catherine." I think we have finally put that story to rest.

I love the choice! But I believe she will be call Princess Catherine nonetheless!

I'm so happy with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge! I think many of us guessed that. Also like the Earl of Strathearn.

Sorry if this is being repeated, but the last Marquess of Cambridge died and thus the title become extinct April 16, 1981, exactly 30 years ago (plus a few days).

Cambridge is the perfect choice for them. Love that Catherine will be Duchess of Cambridge rather than simply Princess William.
Congrats to them both!

I was pulling for Clarence, but I think Cambridge is perfect nonetheless!

Lovely title, and I love the extra ones as well.

I thought it would be Duke of Strathearn and Earl of Cambridge. I almost won :)

I got it right ... for once. Slendid ceremony, splendid title!

Very convenient and a nice title for William and Catherine. Many more good titles.

Wondeful news, The Duke and Dutchess of Cambridge .The Queen's title was a wonderful wedding gift.

I know this is for a different thread but since it's been mentioned here... I hope Catherine does not use the Cambridge Tiara in conjunction with the title. The media is already drawing way to many comparisons between Catherine and Diana, the use of that particular tiara would only exacerbate the comparisons. Love the title and had hoped the Queen would either make Catherine a princess in her own right (as she did with Prince Philip) or dust off Cambridge for the couple.

In the forum's poll I have voted for the Dukedom of Cambridge as many of us!
I'm so happy for Catherine's new status and as far as I can see Wiki has modified her profile page and is now protected!!

I have heard it already -- on the radio while I was driving to work, the DJ referred to "Princess Kate"...

:bang:

why not preincess?

Catherine's title is as follows: HRH Princess William Arthur Philip Louis, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus.

She is a princess by marriage, not by birth. However because William was made a peer on his wedding day, she will be known by the feminine form of his ducal title -- HRH The Duchess of Cambridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom