Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News 4: Apr 2018-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Vetted"? Does this mean, nobody was vetted before? I thought, little Prince George meets the kids and their parents the whole week at his pre-school.

I thought we were discussing children from the school showing up at Kensington Palace. The parent would need to be with the child and the security people at the Palace would have to know who these people are. I have no clue what is done at the school.

I find the vetting unsurprising. I doubt the children themselves are subjected to anything invasive, but I'm sure their background and family are checked out. It would be more astonishing if they weren't.

I find the vetting unsurprising. I doubt the children themselves are subjected to anything invasive, but I'm sure their background and family are checked out. It would be more astonishing if they weren't.

I agree. It's known that grown up friends of the BRF are normally vetted (well, given the whole controversy with a certain friend of Prince Andrew's whose name I do not wish to bring up here, sometimes the vetting process doesn't seem to be successful) so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the families of George and Charlotte's friends went through a similar process. It's a common practice amongst wealthy families across the globe - not just royals; I remember reading that it's common for friends of CEO's children to be vetted in East Asian cultures, for example.

I think most parents 'vet' their children's friends in one way or another - its just what parents do. W&C just have access to more formal resources. It appears they both try to be active in the school - so they meet the parents etc. Also some parents may be intimidated to ask George over for a playdate - a way to break that ice is to invite their child over first. W&K do not want their children being isolated. Basically they are parenting at a higher security level - but essentially they are still just parenting.

I can’t see how George or Charlotte could have a fun play date afternoon or dinner at a friends house without a three ring circus of Security, press intrusion and imposition to the friends parent’s. It’s just easier for the class mate to go to them.

I can’t see how George or Charlotte could have a fun play date afternoon or dinner at a friends house without a three ring circus of Security, press intrusion and imposition to the friends parent’s. It’s just easier for the class mate to go to them.

Why would the press be involved if William or Kate dropped George off at a friend’s house to play? They make the school run everyday and we don’t see photos. The RPOs would be discreet, in fact some families may have private security so even the kids would be used to that aspect.

I think you'd be surprised by how freely the Royal family go about their daily lives. Security yes naturally, but besides that the reason for them not being photographed is not that they stay huddled up at Kensington Palace but that there are deals made with the press to leave them alone which includes them agreeing to not publish what pictures are taken by the paparazzi. Those pics we've seen of them in stores, playing in the park etc... have to my knowledge been taken by members of the public.

:previous: Exactly. It's the same for other members of the BRF too (and other royals in general). I remember there were photos of Princess Beatrice at the self-service checkouts near to where she lives in London, which were very clearly taken by a fellow shopper on a phone and the "outing" would have gone unnoticed if it weren't for them.
If I saw a royal in a private situation in public such as at the park or out shopping, I'd probably be excited (or more disbelieving since I don't normally get such luck, Vince Cable is about as famous as it gets in terms of "celebrities" I've bumped into in public, lol) but wouldn't take photos out of respect for their privacy.

He is adorable and the image of his mother.

Gonna be the cool one is Louis. A real little dude.

Adorable. Happy Birthday Louis.

What an adorable kid! Catherine takes amazing pictures

He’s soooo adorable - I can’t believe how big he’s getting!

He is adorable and the image of his mother.

Gonna be the cool one is Louis. A real little dude.

He’s so adorable, and I was just thinking the same thing...he looks exactly like Kate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if this is an international thing or just a UK thing, but children are making rainbow pictures as a sign of hope and as a thank you to National Health Service workers. Loads of homes are displaying rainbow pictures in their windows. I think it's the same in Canada - not sure about everywhere else? Perfect choice of pictures, under the circumstances. So cute!

I'm pretty sure the rainbow hands and picture was deliberately used in the way so many people (and not just children) are using it right now, which was a nice touch. Maybe they all did rainbow pictures.

Absolutely gorgeous pictures though. Time is flying by with the littles now.

Gorgeous picture of a cute little boy ! Lovely to see ! How handsome he is !

Cute set of photos. It seems like he had a lot of fun with that hand painting. He looks like he's wearing the same shirt he wore in the hand-clapping vid, it's smart to have him rewear clothes with all that paint.

And... to me... it looks like from the background it was done *outside* the house. Kids + fingerpaints do not bode well for interiors.

Perhaps the pics were taken to make rainbow pics to hold up on the "clap day" even? Louis obviously looks very happy with his painted hands that probably took mom a few to get on his hands "just right".

Totally cute and happy kid!!

Really cute. On the third picture he looks a bit more like George; the other pictures show that he has a slightly wider head.

He looks more "Middleton" than any of the Cambridge kids. He is really a pretty little boy.?

He looks like a dark haired version of his brother. Not total mini me but definitely close. They are both Middletons. Charlotte is only Windsor in the trio.

Cute photos. Great the kids were involved in the rainbow art movement of support.

He is such a handsome little prince!! Beautiful boy! To me he is a mix of Middleton and Windsor, maybe a bit more Windsor.

George to me is a mini Michael Middleton, Charlotte is a Windsor through and through and Louis is a mix of both!

The pictures are adorable!! And with the grandpa!!!

I’ve always thought Louis looks like George ...

I’m melting....the love between grandpa Wales and little Louis just shines through in that photo...aww...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom