The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 10:22 PM
Royal Highness

If the baby is born on their anniversary they might use Andrew as one of the names since they met at St. Andrews.

Or if by chance a girl they can use Ann (iversay) in her name.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
If the baby is born on their anniversary they might use Andrew as one of the names since they met at St. Andrews.
Hmm... Andrew right now might be too controversial.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:37 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A few bickering posts have been removed. Please remember that one of our forum rules is to treat your fellow members with the same courtesy you wish to receive.

JessRulz
British Forum Moderator
Old 04-28-2015, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Baby2 is taking so long that i've changed my mind about the possible names
i'm now going with Matilda for a girl and Matthew for a boy
Old 04-28-2015, 10:23 PM
Gentry

Ok, here I go

They named their first one George (tradition) Alexander (not out of tradition, but mostly because they like it I suppose) Louis (one of William's names who honours some one that I can't recall right now).

I'm not a british royal family name expert like some of you beautifuly are (I can't get enough of the many listings, names' histories) but my guess is that they might choose a combination of the following ones:

GIRL: Victoria (Charles is said to like the name and W&K might take his advice),
Charlotte
Alice (very traditional)
Mary (very traditional and so beautiful IMO)
Alexandra
Elisabeth (so obvious)
Margareth (why not?)

they can surprise us with some "out of the box" name but I don't think they'd choose something like Kayla (trend & fashion ). They'd go for Emily or something like that, more traditional.

As for the name Diana, I can see they choosing it if they both like the name. I don't think William would not choose it because of it's package or whatever, it's his late mother's name and he should use it if they like. I love my late mother but I wouldn't use her name for my daughter as I don't like it

BOY

Arthur (one of William's names as they did with Louis for George)
Michael (obvious)
David
Philip
Charles (ohh little prince Charlie... unlikely, but it would be adorable)
Leopold (very old but who knows )
Albert (not my first choice, I don't like it)

If they don't use any royal name, they might choose something like Anthony. Some of you have said Jonathon and I absolutely love it!

It would be AWESOME if it was a girl named CAROLINE My name was CarolinA (not with "E") before I born untill my mother found out that the Prince of Monaco's daughter name was CAROLINE so I was named after Princess Caroline of Monaco and I'm very proud of it

Kate's mother name is Carole, so almost there

of course this is my guesses, not that they could have other things in mind...
Old 04-29-2015, 03:16 AM
Aristocracy

May names ...

Mabel Anna Elizabeth
Maisie Victoria Charlotte
Flora May Benedikte
May Gwenevere Jane

Hugh Peter Philip
Euan Henry Michael
Maynard William Bruce
Peter Harewood David
Old 04-29-2015, 03:59 AM
Royal Highness

If it is a girl they may call her

Princess April May Bea
Old 04-29-2015, 04:34 AM
Nobility

For a girl I would ike:
Margot, Charlotte, Alice, Mathilda or Victoria.

For a boy:
Arthur or Leopold (please please).
Old 04-29-2015, 01:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:

Princess April May Bea
a name with (her) history
Old 04-29-2015, 01:15 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
For a girl I would ike:
Margot, Charlotte, Alice, Mathilda or Victoria.

For a boy:
Arthur or Leopold (please please).
I like Leopold too, but as I said is a "bit old" but they might like it. It would be great to have a Prince Leopold of Cambridge or maybe they could use it for second or third name. It has some history! My first choice for a boy is Arthur, I love how it sounds in english or portuguese (my mother tongue).

Maybe I have a short imagination and little knowledge on royal names but I can't see them choosing other names for a girl then Alice, Charlotte or Victoria, I guess at least some of them will be definately on the little princess name. But my heart goes to Caroline (and you all wonder why )
Old 04-29-2015, 01:35 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:

Princess April May Bea
Right now, as its taking its own sweet time arriving, Kate just may be thinking the name April May June fitting.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-29-2015, 03:58 PM
Royal Highness

It will be a beautiful baby named, Princess Alice Phillipa Davina in honor of Prince Philip, Catherine's sister and Princess Diana with out the glaring name of Diana.

I think if I was The Cambridge's it would be an honor to name my daughter after Prince Philips's mother who saved human beings. They want a traditional name that means something in history, so that their child would have those characteristics.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:18 PM
Gentry

if it is a girl call her Athenia Diana and if it is a boy albert Richard murray
Old 04-29-2015, 04:33 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
It will be a beautiful baby named, Princess Alice Phillipa Davina in honor of Prince Philip, Catherine's sister and Princess Diana with out the glaring name of Diana.
I like Phillipa as well, it honors both her sister and DoE

I still think that if they both like Diana they will go for it. I can't imagine William saying no to his late mother name because of this or that. She was his mother, and whatever is the others opinion about her, I bet he has a better one and would love to honor her in some way (it may be not naming her Diana but with some other name from the Spencers).
Old 04-29-2015, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post

I think if I was The Cambridge's it would be an honor to name my daughter after Prince Philips's mother who saved human beings. They want a traditional name that means something in history, so that their child would have those characteristics.
I doubt that would be her actual name, but I like it !
Old 04-29-2015, 04:53 PM
Gentry

they need something different something really special not mary Victoria something different
Old 04-29-2015, 05:05 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by janjan View Post
they need something different something really special not mary Victoria something different
Its often been remarked that its got to be a girl if the baby is late. Never on time and keeps one waiting as they put the finishing touches on before the grand appearance.

My first reaction to a name for a girl was Mary as they'd have George and Mary after George V and Mary of Teck. As Mary of Teck was known as "May", should the baby be born after April 2015 has been relegated to history, they may name a daughter Mary but announce that she'll be known as May similar to what was done with Henry/Harry. Princess May of Cambridge. Has a good ring to it I think.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-29-2015, 06:00 PM
Gentry

Ohh Mary is lovely too
Mary Caroline (it honors myself, of course)
Old 04-29-2015, 08:32 PM
Royal Highness

Maybe they will allow George to name the baby.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:00 AM
Majesty

More guesses:

Girl:

Caroline Victoria Mary
Henriette/Henrietta Elizabeth Victoria
Alice Mary Victoria
Emma Elizabeth Mary
Elizabeth Mary Alexandra
Josephine Eleanor Victoria
Victoria Emma Elizabeth
Amalia Elizabeth Victoria