The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Courtier

Alice Charlotte Diana
Alice Elizabeth Diana

Charlotte Alice Diana
Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

Adelaide Elizabeth Diana
Adelaide Diana Alice

or Alice Charlotte Adelaide in any configuration

Arthur Henry Charles
Arthur Charles Michael
Arthur James Henry

Old 10-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
Alice Charlotte Diana
Alice Elizabeth Diana

Charlotte Alice Diana

Adelaide Elizabeth Diana
Adelaide Diana Alice

or Alice Charlotte Adelaide in any configuration

Arthur Henry Charles
Arthur Charles Michael
Arthur James Henry
I love all of those for a girl. My top personal choices are Charlotte, Alice and Adelaide as well, and I think we would see Elizabeth and Diana as second and third name

Alice Elizabeth Diana
Alice Diana Elizabeth

Adelaide Elizabeth Diana
Adelaide Diana Elizabeth

Charlotte Diana Elizabeth (hmmm... too close to the Spencer kid)

The most melodious to me are the Adelaide/Alice combos. I love Charlotte, but I have to give it to the other two. My guess is they would choose Alice over Adelaide for two reasons: 1) Alice is the name of Phillip's mother, and it honors him. Princess Alice I believe also did a lot to help Jews during the Holocaust as well, so she is a fine figure to honor. 2) I think that this couple favor simple, yet traditional, which is why I see Alice over Adelaide.

I'm not too keen on Arthur, but I know a lot of British like it and given it's history within the family, it's fitting

Old 10-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Courtier

Actually I like the idea of Diana Elizabeth or Elisabeth Diana as second and third name, but as first one my choice would be...

Mary

And for a boy: James.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have always loved this for a name for a little girl and would be perfect for a little Princess IMO...

Elizabeth Katherine Rose

The K is just my personal preference of how to spell Katherine & also think it gives it a really lovely elegant look too. Saying that, I do know in this case, if it does end up being used, it will be spelled w/a C. . All three are Windsor Family Names too, so another plus. :)

For a little Prince...

David Michael Patrick

David for Wales, Michael for his Maternal Grandpa & Patrick for Ireland/Irish Guards.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Courtier

I have also been considering Andrew for them too...It is William's uncle's name via his Greek grandfather Philip...And it is also the place where William and Catherine met, St. Andrews in Scotland and given the recent referendum, there should be a nod to the Scots...

Andrew Charles Michael

Am I wrong?
Old 10-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
I have also been considering Andrew for them too...It is William's uncle's name via his Greek grandfather Philip...And it is also the place where William and Catherine met, St. Andrews in Scotland and given the recent referendum, there should be a nod to the Scots...

Andrew Charles Michael

Am I wrong?
They almost never name a child after a currently living family member. An exception might be made for Phillip, to honor him at the end of his life, but they're not going to name a baby after one of William's aunts or uncles if they follow the normal pattern.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Isn't Ian the Scottish equivalent of the dreaded John, though?
I do think that Kate and William will go for something traditional but vaguely trendy that is a reasonably common name among their set, Charlotte, for instance. I love the name Rupert, as in 'Rupert of the Rhine', which I think is very romantic, but many would think Rupert Bear. They are more like to go for something like Frederick ('Freddie') or Arthur.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Possible names for the 2nd child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If they went with Frederick, then their two kids are named after the Weasley twins from Harry Potter.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-13-2014, 09:20 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
If they went with Frederick, then their two kids are named after the Weasley twins from Harry Potter.

LOL. Solid point...
Old 10-13-2014, 09:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

The family already has a Bill (William), Charlie (Charles), and a Harry. And there's a good share of Arthurs too.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:

And if it's a girl, they can name her after Ginny. Princess Ginevra of Cambridge.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:45 PM
Heir Apparent

We need a Percy and a Ron

Old 10-13-2014, 11:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Look, it was said that Kate was a H.P. fan and had read all the books, at the time of the trip the Royal Trio made to that Harry Potter attraction thing. So there could well be a Prince Frederick Ronald. Lol.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Look, it was said that Kate was a H.P. fan and had read all the books, at the time of the trip the Royal Trio made to that Harry Potter attraction thing. So there could well be a Prince Frederick Ronald. Lol.
The name Ronald would be a nice tribute to Catherine's maternal grandfather, Ronald Goldsmith.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post

The name Ronald would be a nice tribute to Catherine's maternal grandfather, Ronald Goldsmith.

But an unfortunate nod to Ronald Reagan.

But a good nod to Ronald Weasley!

(Although I can't picture a Prince Ronald)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Also the headlines would be "Bonny Prince Ronnie"

Old 10-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Also the headlines would be "Bonny Prince Ronnie"

That's cute. OR... they could go for Leroy. That way both George and Leroy would be kings. (Leroy = Le Roi, the king in french).
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-18-2014, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Valerie would be a first, eh?

Old 10-18-2014, 08:14 PM
Nobility

I would be absolutely astonished if a Princess is named anything other than Elizabeth. I really haven't any gut feeling for a new Prince - but I was right about George.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Aristocracy

I would love to see Mary Elizabeth Victoria.

Closed Thread