The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Last week I posted that Pippa was seen in my local train station This week the newspaper tells me that Pippa was literally on my doorstep at Carlton Towers (I can see this place from my bedroom window!) attending a two day shooting party.
Carlton Towers is the Yorkshire home of The Duke of Norfolk, Pippa was a guest of Edward Fitzalan- Howard and his wife the current Duke and Duchess. The Duke's son and heir, Miles Fitzalan-Howard (who i've had the pleasure of seeing) is 24 years old, and a potential "suitor" .
Interesting.

Is Miles the reason for the invitation, do you think?
Or does the Duke just want an interesting "mix" for his party?

Old 01-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Interesting.

Is Miles the reason for the invitation, do you think?
Or does the Duke just want an interesting "mix" for his party?
I'm trying to find out the local gossip, but many seem to think Miles was the reason.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Majesty

What became of Kate and Pippa Middleton's fellow 2nd St Andrew's Brownies? | Mail Online
Old 01-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Aristocracy

frankly i never understood all the hype around her. she is not super pretty she is average..
and this media created hype over her figure.. is nonsense. she does nothing scandalous other then dress badly at times.

all she seems to do is go to work with a coffee in her hand ..go home shop and hangout with her friends on the weekends ... she is completely boring. but the media keeps trying to invent this buzz about her its silly
Old 01-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by doric44 View Post
frankly i never understood all the hype around her. she is not super pretty she is average..
and this media created hype over her figure.. is nonsense. she does nothing scandalous other then dress badly at times.

all she seems to do is go to work with a coffee in her hand ..go home shop and hangout with her friends on the weekends ... she is completely boring. but the media keeps trying to invent this buzz about her its silly

I don't think they (the media) do invent it; I believe it is supply and demand.

There are plenty of websites devoted to Pippa, and there's little real information about her. So the demand is met by innocuous photos and wild speculation (about Pippa dating Harry, for example. Those of us on this forum know it's nonsense, but the idea is still being tossed about on other sites).
Old 01-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

The name Pippa was chosen 14 times in Flanders for baby girls in 2011.
Google Vertaling
Old 01-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Actually, Pippa is the nickname for Philippa and I wonder if these parents realize that, or even care.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

You beat me to it Baroness, I was just going to ask if these children were actually named Pippa or Philippa.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Serene Highness

The name Pippa is in the list and that's the official name. I guess people who name their child after a celebrity don't really care what the original name is.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can someone post the article about Pippa filing a lawsuit for more privacy protection as a private citizen, I couldn't find it!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

According to this, the Pippa craze shows no sign of diminishing soon:

Barbara Walters and Oprah Winfrey in £300,000 bidding war over Pippa Middleton - mirror.co.uk

Wonder if Pippa will give any interviews? I suppose she'll have to, in order to promote her book.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Majesty

U.S. talk show royalty in £300,000 bidding war to get Pippa on their shows | Mail Online

Are these ladies that desperate for ratings?
Old 01-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Barbara Walters Will Not Pay to Interview Pippa Middleton or Her
Old 02-01-2012, 02:22 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
IMO.. the more I read about Pippa either here or anywhere else it crops up, all I can say is that the woman has business smarts. This is the woman that Sarah Ferguson wishes she set an example for.

It started with THE dress. THE perfect behind. Perhaps a media frenzy of what to focus on now that Kate is safely married and by the looks of things (and with Wills known aversion to press) untouchable,

In all due respects I do think that the paps have hounded Pippa but with savvy, she's turned it all to her advantage. THE behind has smarts enough to make the best of it all. and a nice bank account to boot.

I don't think for a minute it was intentional and that she courted the attention. After all, Kate did choose the dress she wore and thought it was fitting (pun intended) but to take something that could drive someone else into hibernation and scream and turn it to their own advantage is pure business genius.

The Middletons taught their children well.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Love woophi goldberg's response! Lol.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Imagine the media frenzy when Pippa starts dating again!

(Or perhaps she is, and is keeping it very quiet? Since she can't even buy coffee without someone taking a picture, maybe she can't go out to dinner with a man in public. She and Alex split some time ago, so it seems likely she'd be seeing someone by now.)
Old 02-02-2012, 09:59 PM

Pippa’s dating Earl Hogwarts | The Sun |News

Looks like Pippa is dating again. No wonder she wanted her privacy.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladynj View Post
Pippa’s dating Earl Hogwarts | The Sun |News

Looks like Pippa is dating again. No wonder she wanted her privacy.

Wow! Is it just me or did that article read like a bunch of rubbish? She may or may not be dating George, but I'd bet all that stuff about the New Year's party is completely made up.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's amazing how a lot of newspapers focus on Pippa despite a lot of other world news,just at the same time.
The media reports that Pippa is dating George Percy, so she will be a duchess. I believe if that's true, it proves clearly that Pippa is a social climber. Well, maybe the friendship it's key for everything .As for me, Pippa and Kate seem to be very different, it's definitely a contrast between them.I feel pity for Pippa's ex-boyfriend Alex.
Pippa Middleton 'dating' George Percy, heir to the Harry Potter castle | Mail Online
Pippa Middleton 'dating' heir to Duke of Northumberland - Telegraph
Pippa Middleton 'dating Hogwarts heir George Percy' | Metro.co.uk
Old 02-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I was just about to post this!
Pippa Middleton 'dating' George Percy, heir to the Harry Potter castle | Mail Online

It seems to be all over the papers.
The articles hint that Pippa has been seeing George since the summer but they couldn't reveal it until the split with Alex had been over for some time.

Well, I hope she does marry George, if only to show up those snobs who say the Middletons aren't good enough for the RF and the aristocracy! Go Pippa!

But I bet the press will really hound her now.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton