The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well as Pippa isn't from the royal family or any noble family for that matter I don't see why she would have any gentility about her. They're interested, I believe, because they have barely any access to her sister. So to them, Pippa seems the next best thing. Also they possibly hope for something to happen between her and Harry.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Spletnik -The street style - Pippa Middleton

I am not sure why people are interested in Ms. Middleton. She lacks an air of gentility about her, which is inherent in ladies from noble families (e.g., Lady Helen Taylor or Lady Gabriella Windsor).

Well, eye of the beholder, I guess; I never saw any air of gentility in Lady Helen Taylor (always thought her a bit crass). I have seen so little of Gabriella that I can't say one way or the other.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:27 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Pippa Middleton Steps Out in Red Coat and Tan Knee-High Boots
usmagazine.com
Old 10-30-2011, 03:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2055230/Pippa-set-sign-book-deal-guide-perfect-party-hostess.html
Old 10-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Aristocracy

I hate to be mean, but I have to agree with the majority of the comments on the article. Would anyone think twice about buying a book from an author named Pippa Middleton if it weren't for her sister? If this is true, she better be planning on giving a majority of the royalties to charity, otherwise I see this as the definition of cashing in on her so called status.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2rhyme View Post
Would anyone think twice about buying a book from an author named Pippa Middleton if it weren't for her sister?
Actually, depending upon what she wrote, people may think about buying a book from an author named Pippa Middleton. It is her connection to royal life that's preventing her from doing possibly the things she has always wanted to do. She may have wanted to write since childhood, but because she chooses to do it after the wedding of her sister she's 'cashing in'. IMO, with all the attention the press is giving her she might as well get something out of what she's being put threw. She's not done anything to warrant the attention and she can hardly tell them to p*ss off or get some kind of court order because that will strike up more stories about Pippa being some kind of royal wannabee diva who can barge the press around when she likes.

Catherine hasn't done anything productive in her life besides William, but she's an angel for marrying a rich man essentially. That mind sound cruel but it is true. Pippa as a private citizen can do as she likes, not work, work, go on holiday, go watch tennis or cricket. And if the press think that's news then they need to shift their ideas but it's their money down the drain.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I hate to be mean, but I have to agree with the majority of the comments on the article. Would anyone think twice about buying a book from an author named Pippa Middleton if it weren't for her sister? If this is true, she better be planning on giving a majority of the royalties to charity, otherwise I see this as the definition of cashing in on her so called status.

Pippa will be accused of cashing in no matter what she does.
The book seems fairly innocuous, I don't see why she shouldn't publish something like that.
(Though, if she is smart, she won't even mention her sister).
Old 10-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Actually, depending upon what she wrote, people may think about buying a book from an author named Pippa Middleton. It is her connection to royal life that's preventing her from doing possibly the things she has always wanted to do. She may have wanted to write since childhood, but because she chooses to do it after the wedding of her sister she's 'cashing in'. IMO, with all the attention the press is giving her she might as well get something out of what she's being put threw. She's not done anything to warrant the attention and she can hardly tell them to p*ss off or get some kind of court order because that will strike up more stories about Pippa being some kind of royal wannabee diva who can barge the press around when she likes.
I think exactly the same,I guess a lot of people just envy Pippa because she is young,beautiful,smart and comes from a wealthy family-so of course they are trying to find a flaw in everything she is doing!So far she has finished her schooling,studied English Literature at Edinburgh University and worked as an eventmanager.
She may attend many parties, fashion shows and charity galas-but I guess most women of her age would do the same if they could. Furthermore she needs to meet a lot of people and find new ideas for the eventmanagement and partyservice-business.How could she deliver innovative,new solutions if she is sitting at home all day and doesn´t know what is going on in the rest of the world?
They say never judge a book by it´s cover-so we should first wait if she is really publishing a book (or if it ís just another empty rumour), read her book and than we can discuss it here.... After all,there are a lot of talentless writers out there who find a publisher and an audience,so why should Pippa be denied to write about something she is interested in?I would love to hear her side of the story and find out what she is like,maybe she is completely different from her media image who just wants to portray her as a party girl...
Old 10-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Majesty

I'd have to disagree with that. I like Catherine because she's likable. She's very good at meeting people and clearly supports William in his role. I thought that she was very dignified at the time of their marriage and behaved like a true princess (in a good way). I'm sure that she's not perfect, but she certainly has prepared herself well for the different aspects of her future life. She even learned the Welsh anthem before her first public duty as a fiancee. That impresses me right there.

Quote:
Catherine hasn't done anything productive in her life besides William, but she's an angel for marrying a rich man essentially.
As for Pippa, I wish her all the best. I don't think that she'd be crass enough to link her book to her sister.

Pippa Middleton has two jobs: she works for an events-management company and she works as well for Party Pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Furthermore she needs to meet a lot of people and find new ideas for the eventmanagement and partyservice-business.How could she deliver innovative,new solutions if she is sitting at home all day and doesn´t know what is going on in the rest of the world?
Old 10-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Catherine hasn't done anything productive in her life besides William, but she's an angel for marrying a rich man essentially. That mind sound cruel but it is true. Pippa as a private citizen can do as she likes, not work, work, go on holiday, go watch tennis or cricket. And if the press think that's news then they need to shift their ideas but it's their money down the drain.
I am no fan of Kate for this reason. I was raised to think that if you were a capable woman you had every right to go out and make a life and career for yourself and not rely on anyone else or sit around and wait for your "prince charming". In the respect I do commend Pippa for having a job and working at. Being known as Pippa the party planner is in my opinion better than being seen in relation to sombody else. I was simply saying that I do think she will be seen as cashing in right or wrong, whether she really does want to write a book or has other motives, this is probably the way it will be seen. I hope if she does write a book that is does sell well, at least she will have an accomplishment of her own in her life.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Spletnik -The street style - Pippa Middleton

I am not sure why people are interested in Ms. Middleton. She lacks an air of gentility about her, which is inherent in ladies from noble families (e.g., Lady Helen Taylor or Lady Gabriella Windsor).
The last time I checked, the Middleton's aren't a noble family.

Why are people interested? Because she is a young, pretty woman, who's sister will be Queen Consort of Great Britain.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I am no fan of Kate for this reason. I was raised to think that if you were a capable woman you had every right to go out and make a life and career for yourself and not rely on anyone else or sit around and wait for your "prince charming". In the respect I do commend Pippa for having a job and working at.
Yes, but if Kate had done so, tied herself up to a job and had a tight schedule, when would she ever have seen William?
Like it or not, he's not the boy next door; his schedule is pretty full.
Somebody has to adapt, and in this case, the only one free to adapt was Kate.
To be available for William, she did indeed look as if she was waiting around, but otherwise, they'd probably have gone their separate ways long ago.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Yes, but if Kate had done so, tied herself up to a job and had a tight schedule, when would she ever have seen William?
Like it or not, he's not the boy next door; his schedule is pretty full.
Somebody has to adapt, and in this case, the only one free to adapt was Kate.
To be available for William, she did indeed look as if she was waiting around, but otherwise, they'd probably have gone their separate ways long ago.
"To be available for William" remind me what century are we in again? If William wanted to be in a relationship with Catherine then he would have adapted simple as. Currently and during their relationship his job was in the forces, not as a royal. Plenty of forces girlfriends hold down jobs and manage to see their boyfriends or husbands when they can. It works both ways. Catherine could have held down a job and seen William, it was just easier for her to do nothing and wait around for her man to come home like you suggested. You didn't see other royal wives or fiancees doing nothing. But, this thread is about Pippa.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
You didn't see other royal wives or fiancees doing nothing.
Marie of Denmark who worked for her family as well in private? It is not really uncommon for children whose parents own a company to work there after finishing their studies instaed of working for somebody else. Why can't one have a fulfilling professional life on being employed by their own family's business? Most people I know who are the sons or daughters of people in family run business work for their family - it is not uncommon, especially if the business is organised in a way that they will have to take over one day. We all enjoy it if we are greeted cordially by a member of the owner-family at a family-run business (be it a bakery, a hotel or a shop), but now I realise that to some, they look down on said family member because he or she "has no real career or achievement as they only work for their family). Sad, that.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Let's stay on topic.

This thread isn't about Kate.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Pippa Middleton book: Tongue-in-cheek guide to the perfect party | Mail Online
Old 11-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Serene Highness

do we know that these are actual excerpts from the book or Daily Mail's imagining of how it would be?
Now, I'm completely neutral towards Pippa Middleton, but if she really wrote this kind of book, that's whole different story. Because if she wrote it, it's just tasteless. IMO, there's nothing tongue-in-cheek about it, it's just downright pure classless.

But of course, if it's one of Daily Mail's one of great journalistic victories, then I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Courtier

... from the articel it's absolut clear to me, that it is a DM articel - nothing to do with what pippa would write in her book - very obvious sarcasm to me.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
do we know that these are actual excerpts from the book or Daily Mail's imagining of how it would be?
Now, I'm completely neutral towards Pippa Middleton, but if she really wrote this kind of book, that's whole different story. Because if she wrote it, it's just tasteless. IMO, there's nothing tongue-in-cheek about it, it's just downright pure classless.

But of course, if it's one of Daily Mail's one of great journalistic victories, then I wouldn't be surprised.

It's just the DM; the rumor is that Pippa is in talks to write such a book, but it's far from a done deal.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Looks like Splitsville ... Alex never stroke me as the type who would put up with all the wanted or unwanted attention Pippa has been generating.Pippa Middleton and Alex Loudon have split after 'blazing row' | Mail Online

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton