The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 04:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Isn't it odd that wearing one gown on your wedding day is something that people who can't afford two wear or conversely someone who is very important, such as royal heirs. Mary, Mette-Marit and Victoria all wore their wedding gowns (minus detachable trains) for the reception and up to and including the traditional wedding waltz. Probably because they were filmed up to that point. After? Who knows if they changed but I shouldn't think it would be worth it for time.
You took facts from context. Mary, Mette-Marit and Victoria married in early evening. British weddings usually is day-time events.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:06 AM
Majesty

No, not out of context because I was using the European royals merely as examples as naming an unknown couple would have been pointless. However, Catherine had a separate gown for the evening because after the formal reception followed the return to the Palace. The bride and groom returned to Clarance House until evening when the POW hosted a private black tie dinner at Buckingham Palance for their closer friends which was followed by dancing.

Conversely, while I thought CP Victoria had one gown, I know her sister wore a second gown. A gorgeous vintage Valentino white evening gown that her mother had worn to the Nobels some fifteen odd years ago. In which case, Victoria et al may indeed have all had two gowns. We just didn't see them.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Pippa Middleton and James pictured ahead of weddding | Daily Mail Online

What a ridiculous article!

Well, Pippa does take his arm at one point. I guess in DM terms, that translates to hands all over each other!
Old 05-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
No, not out of context because I was using the European royals merely as examples as naming an unknown couple would have been pointless. However, Catherine had a separate gown for the evening because after the formal reception followed the return to the Palace. The bride and groom returned to Clarance House until evening when the POW hosted a private black tie dinner at Buckingham Palance for their closer friends which was followed by dancing.

Conversely, while I thought CP Victoria had one gown, I know her sister wore a second gown. A gorgeous vintage Valentino white evening gown that her mother had worn to the Nobels some fifteen odd years ago. In which case, Victoria et al may indeed have all had two gowns. We just didn't see them.
The tv transmissions from the weddings of both Victoria & Mary went on to around midnight with the brides in their wedding dresses & veils at the time the cameras was turned off. I doubt theyd bother to change that late.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Pippa Middleton and James pictured ahead of weddding | Daily Mail Online

What a ridiculous article!

Well, Pippa does take his arm at one point. I guess in DM terms, that translates to hands all over each other!
poorly written articles.
I agree. Hands All Over Each Other. Silly comment. Couples of decades together touch each other in public the same or more for heaven sake especially when comfortable and caring. Some of the reporters really need mental care for their goofy remarks to locate exactly why they are the way the are. Scary at times
Old 05-09-2017, 01:37 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
There are many couples that have married that the bride has changed from the wedding gown to a reception gown. There are many couples where the bride wears her wedding gown for everything. Its just a matter of choice. No big deal.

There are couples that go all out and spend sometimes beyond their means for that one special day and there are couples that don't. The amount spent does not make any wedding better than another. My oldest son's wedding was more extravagant than my youngest son's wedding but what matters is that the marriages are enduring ones. Weddings are the celebration of a couple's relationship and marriage and a one time thing. The marriage is what really matters in the long run.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I've been wondering what Kate and Meghan will wear to the wedding?
Something pastel? Or neutral?

Hat or fascinator?

Meghan would look good in a shade of blue- Turquoise?
Old 05-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Kate will be in a pastel colour with fascinator, perhaps pale blue or pink. Since it won't be exactly blazing sunshine in May she may opt for a dress and coat combination.

According to Lainey, Toronto-based gossip page, Meghan's had fittings for a couple of outfits. Of course, it depends on what part of the ceremony she is going to. If it's the full monty, ceremony, reception and party, she'll probably take advice about British wedding wear and opt for a jacket, dress and hat. I hope she wears a strong colour or even monochrome shade and a hat rather than fascinator.

I think both women will go for a long but informal gown for the evening party.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm wondering if Pippa is now wishing she'd chosen a different church for the ceremony?
I think she expected the wedding to be rather low-key and now it's spiraling out of control , so much larger than they'd planned that they have to cram people into the vestry.

If she had it to do over, I believe she'd pick a larger church, even if it would not be as private.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

What a shame everyone should have the wedding they want. People are going a touch crazy in MO.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

If she had it to do over, I believe she'd pick a larger church, even if it would not be as private.
Heck, I bet if she had it to do over, it would have been only family and personal close friends on a private island after telling media the wedding would be in July!
Old 05-11-2017, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Whatever happens Pippa will get blamed for

1. Wrong dress
2. Wrong attendents
3. Poor media coverage
4 Appearance/no appearance of Merkle
5 Anything else including global warming and the run on the £

Everything we have read has never been confirmed within the Middleton family. All that has happened is that the press have run roughshod over a private couples wedding plans and a bunch of overexcited H/M fans have done the same.

Bride and Groom are all that matters.

Enough - please.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-11-2017, 10:59 PM
Aristocracy

I hope the bride and groom have a lovely wedding as it is their special day. However, it wasn't until the official statement from Kensington Palace about Pippa's wedding that stated William, Catherine, their children and Harry would be attending did it seem, IMO, to take a private celebration to something more public. Last year, I remember reading about the wedding of Alexandra Knatchbull where Prince Charles gave away the bride and the Queen and other members of the Royal Family attended, it seemed like a private wedding attended by senior members of BRF. I don't recall an official statement from BP or Clarence House in the manner of the KP release about Pippa's wedding.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I didn't think the official response from KP mentioned Harry - I've checked and cant find it.

KP said that George and Charlotte were taking part as far as I can see.

And KP certainly haven't mentioned Meghan and the wedding. All speculation from the media

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-12-2017, 12:09 AM
Heir Apparent

KP misspells ‘Middleton’ in press release about Pippa’s wedding | Kate Middleton Review
Old 05-12-2017, 12:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
I hope the bride and groom have a lovely wedding as it is their special day. However, it wasn't until the official statement from Kensington Palace about Pippa's wedding that stated William, Catherine, their children and Harry would be attending did it seem, IMO, to take a private celebration to something more public. Last year, I remember reading about the wedding of Alexandra Knatchbull where Prince Charles gave away the bride and the Queen and other members of the Royal Family attended, it seemed like a private wedding attended by senior members of BRF. I don't recall an official statement from BP or Clarence House in the manner of the KP release about Pippa's wedding.

I agree that official statement should never happened. I hope she has a lovely wedding but for goodness sake she is not royal why KP are saying anything is strange to me.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree. Royals attend weddings on a regular basis. There never seemed a need to announce before. And if anything it adds more crazy press, more talk about Meghan, and of course press wanting pics of the kids.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

The press release only happened because the Cambridge's, Prince Harry are attending and Prince George and Princess Charlotte are officially taking part in the wedding. Otherwise KP wouldn't said anything about it. I think people misunderstand stood the reasoning behind the short press briefing. It wasnt a major public statement. It was just to inform the press.

The press is briefed on senior royal attendance to weddings. It's the main reason why the media is able to write articles about upcoming society weddings. It's a major thing when the royals attend weddings. And the press is always present.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-12-2017, 12:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

But has others have said Harry goes to lots of weddings and we don't get press releases. George and Charlotte presumably go on outings but we don't get a press release
Old 05-12-2017, 12:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
But has others have said Harry goes to lots of weddings and we don't get press releases. George and Charlotte presumably go on outings but we don't get a press release
It's a different situation because the Cambridge kids are official in the wedding. If The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh will be going to a society wedding, the press will get a heads up on that. I'm sure the press was notified when the young Princes William and Harry was going to be in some weddings back in the day and with the Prince and Princess of Wales.

People just overreacted to the press briefing. If it was a major public statement, that would be odd. This is not the case.

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton