The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh gosh, I hope not! Every woman and her dog has adopted the strapless look on their wedding day for the past decade. Enough! I'm hoping for something original, even a bit edgy for Pippa's gown.

Old 05-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Nobility

If you look at pictures from weddings the royals have attended, very few bridal dresses have been strapless. Even Natasha Archer's actual wedding dress was not strapless.
I think Pippa will go strapless for her reception dress but not the actual ceremony.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't expect her to be in a strapless gown. That would kinda surprise me.

LaRae
Old 05-06-2017, 10:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Traditionally the COE asked brides shoulders to be covered, like many Catholic Churches still do. The rules thohgh have lightened over the years. As we see with the BRF and their gowns, they seem to continue the tradition.

As OH pointed out, at the weddings we see the cambridges attend, majority of the brides continue. Upper crust sticking to some more traditions.

I'd be surprised if Pippa went strapless. I do think she will go less traditional though.

I still think she would look fantastic in a Gatsby or Downton abbey feel, a sleek gown cut wise but elaborate. Great little head piece.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I concur about strapless. No.

This is quite exciting. Hard to say (from my end) what she will wear. I loved her gown at Kate's wedding. Something similar would be my guess but I am clueless.

I wonder about her flowers, her choice of bouquet.

And then there's Carole, she's no slouch in the fashion department, and Kate herself, as well as the bridal party. So, we wait.

BTW will we see a rehearsal dinner thing? People arriving for that?
Old 05-06-2017, 11:23 PM
Heir Apparent

While she would look great in the style of dress she wore as Kate's bridesmaid I don't see her wearing anything like that since such a big deal was made about it and how it fit her.

Maybe she will do something very romantic...can't wait to see!

LaRae
Old 05-07-2017, 12:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
While she would look great in the style of dress she wore as Kate's bridesmaid I don't see her wearing anything like that since such a big deal was made about it and how it fit her.

Maybe she will do something very romantic...can't wait to see! LaRae
But it's her wedding and she's a private citizen. Why should 'people' be a concern? The other was at the wedding of a future Queen, wasn't that the issue?
Old 05-07-2017, 03:45 AM
Courtier

Probably all we can surmise is that Pippa won't be wearing a dress that mirrors those worn by herself and Kate back in 2011. However glittery the comparison, she will want her own moment, not a second hand one.

In some ways I feel a measure of sympathy for her. Yes, this may be seen as the wedding of the year, but only because of who she is related to. It has nothing to do with either of them really.

Same situation sans Kate, possibly would have made the media goss sheets via Spencer attending his brother's wedding, or not.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
But it's her wedding and she's a private citizen. Why should 'people' be a concern? The other was at the wedding of a future Queen, wasn't that the issue?
Yes however very few women are in a position like she is...bridesmaid to a future Queen in a wedding watched by millions...and then the world exploding in commentary about the dress she wore.

Most women want their wedding dress to be unique and individual, not something someone sees and says oh yeah that looks like the dress she wore to this event etc.

LaRae
Old 05-07-2017, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I really hope she doesn't wear a strapless dress, I'm so tired of seeing them. They rarely flatter the bride, either.
Nor do I think she'd wear anything reminiscent of that notorious bridesmaid dress.

I'm still wishing she'd wear a color other than white, or at least augment the white with another color. It would be different, and she could have her bridesmaids in white for the contrast.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Some of the blush colors, champagne colors are gorgeous and she could pull those off I think.

LaRae
Old 05-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Some of the blush colors, champagne colors are gorgeous and she could pull those off I think.

LaRae
I've seen some some gorgeous smoky-gray gowns. They look lovely, as do the blush colors.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing I seriously doubt we'll see Pippa in is something that could be classified as a Gone With The Wind inspired dress such as this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gone...wBFLVeYfpfKIM:

Pippa doesn't seem to be a person attracted to a lot of button and bows and frills and sparklies. I expect her dress to be of a more sedate nature but yet flattering to her figure.

We'll know soon enough I guess.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it will be something modern, nothing frilly or poofy....maybe even retro.

Will see soon!

LaRae
Old 05-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing I seriously doubt we'll see Pippa in is something that could be classified as a Gone With The Wind inspired dress such as this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gone...wBFLVeYfpfKIM:
Oh good grief. Some of those dresses are a horror for a bride. I agree I can't picture Pippa in anything so outlandish. I personally would love to see her in a traditional white gown that is cut on the bias to resemble a classic upscale look. No huge shirt that is overdone but one that hangs because the fabric is perfect.

I do feel sorry for her in a way. This is an event that she wanted private and family oriented and she has to put up with all this crap and smile along with it just because her sister married royalty. The media made her family and herself into social climbing pariahs which has never been proven in any sense of their actions. Even her husband has been known to their family for donkey's years so people can't say her sister's influence bought her a spouse. Carol has done what all proper mothers do and helps her daughter with the care of the grandchildren when needed. Media maliciously found fault with even that. Tough. Carol decent mother and never retaliated in kind. I actually hope that the only photos that are permitted to be published will be the two or three professional formal ones, if that is exactly what Pippa wants. It is her day, not a national event for people to find fault with her and nastily critique every dress, flower or hat. JMHO
Old 05-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Definitely no gone with the wind. Or anything like either her sisters or the one she wore to her sisters.

Either very sleek and modern, or if retro, still thinking early like Gatsby seems to flatter her figure and fits with her style.

I don't see her going as far as grey, but something like champagne or blush would be great.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't see her going as far as grey, but something like champagne or blush would be great.
Yes, that would work very well.

As for something sleek, if as rumored, Giles Deacon is the designer, he seems to go for a very opulent theatrical look.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:33 AM
Majesty

Experts say Pippa Middleton's wedding could cost £250,000 | Daily Mail Online

Noe that's a wedding bill! From the lavish marquee to the luxury gown, experts believe Pippa Middleton's big day could cost as much as 250,000 pound.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Another pathetic attempt at DM trying to make news

The list of assumptions is mind boggling. The prices are based on them using the same everything from the royal wedding. Same hairdressers, bridesmaud dresses (claiming three adult bridesmaids), florist, baker, caterer. The full choir hired for the church, six person string quartet for drinks, the DJ for dancing.

Not saying it won't be highly expensive, will, but this total
Old 05-09-2017, 04:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
If you look at pictures from weddings the royals have attended, very few bridal dresses have been strapless. Even Natasha Archer's actual wedding dress was not strapless.
I think Pippa will go strapless for her reception dress but not the actual ceremony.
Some have an artfully attached bolero, often made of lace and with either short, three-quarter or full sleeves that actually looks like part of the actual gown and are able to detach them for later. That is always provided they are going to wear the wedding dress to the reception.

Isn't it odd that wearing one gown on your wedding day is something that people who can't afford two wear or conversely someone who is very important, such as royal heirs. Mary, Mette-Marit and Victoria all wore their wedding gowns (minus detachable trains) for the reception and up to and including the traditional wedding waltz. Probably because they were filmed up to that point. After? Who knows if they changed but I shouldn't think it would be worth it for time.

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton