The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-19-2016, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Cough cough Mariah Carey 😙

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 07-19-2016, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Pippa's is more tasteful compared to Beyonce or Kim K.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations to the happy couple! I absolutely love that engagements ring - it's stunning and interesting and I particularly like the shape of it. James Matthews is quite a catch, I must say!
Old 07-19-2016, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely tweet from the British Heart Foundation

BHF @TheBHF
Congratulations to our fantastic ambassador, Pippa Middleton, on her engagement!

https://twitter.com/TheBHF/status/755439816439758849
Old 07-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely engagement ring. Congratulations to the couple.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-19-2016, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Personally I don't like the ring, it's just too busy. I much prefer the likes of Mary's ring.

Congratulations to her though! Excited for the wedding already :)
Old 07-19-2016, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

This ring is just to big for my taste but "You have money honey show it!!!"

Congrants to the couple!!
Old 07-19-2016, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I quite like the ring though I wouldn't want to have to wear such a huge piece of jewellery on my finger every day. She's the one who matters though and I hope she likes it and that the two of them will have a very happy life together.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:10 PM
Serene Highness

I love the vintage look, it's a lovely ring and I don't think it's all that huge. It wouldn't look good me because of stumpy fingers. :)
Old 07-19-2016, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

It is a lovely and, may I say, functional ring. The low profile should serve her well. And the size of the surrounding diamonds is impressive.

I wish them the very best and hope that this "second try" helped them realize what a great team they could be. She looks over the moon happy!

I wish her very happy endings - she seems tenacious, hard working, focused and supportive.

I think the thing I like the best about her is not that she has crawled from under her sister's shadow, but that she has her own shadow!
Old 07-19-2016, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like her ring very much, and I hope that both her niece and her nephew have a role in the wedding- it would be lovely to see them in it.

This is good- once Pippa is married, and especially after she has children, paparazzi interest in her will wane considerably. (And I'm sure she's looking forward to that)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-19-2016, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I think the thing I like the best about her is not that she has crawled from under her sister's shadow, but that she has her own shadow!
I have always rather liked Pippa and I admire her for the charitable activities she has involved herself with. I will follow her with some interest. I hope she goes on to achieve good things in her future and continues to demonstrate she is more than just a "socialite" now basking in the glow of her husband's fortune. I think she's better than that.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

The interest in Pippa is not about to die down folks. The wedding interests will grow and once those babies come along, the media will focus on them too. This is the family of the future Queen Consort.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-19-2016, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I do like the low profile of the ring...not much of an art deco fan but I do like vintage jewelry.

LaRae
Old 07-19-2016, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The interest in Pippa is not about to die down folks. The wedding interests will grow and once those babies come along, the media will focus on them too. This is the family of the future Queen Consort.

Nope not a chance the people/media will lose interest she will forever be in the public eye and of great public interest.

LaRae
Old 07-19-2016, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I am sure in the early days of Diana the same was likely said about her sisters and brother. Now other than when the Earl causes a scandal or gives an interview, we hear very little. Pippa's kids as future playmates may get some attention like the Spencer cousins. But even they only get much attention for over the top behavior.

Happy the news was real for once. Congratulations to the couple and families

I like the vintage style. Big for my taste, but not OTT. And the shape makes it far more practical than Kate's IMO.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I think interest in Pippa and James will remain for a while, at least through to the wedding and shortly afterwards, especially if they do interesting things. Pippa is very photogenic and James is good-looking and still has hair and they make an attractive couple, so we will see lots of photographs of them, and interest in Pippa will remain if she keeps doing interesting things like her fundraising activities for the Heart Foundation.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh I think the interest will hold through the wedding and then there will be a lot of pregnancy speculation. She'll never be totally out of the spotlight, but I think that once she's been married a little while and maybe has a child or two- there will be less interest in her private life and more just coverage of her when attending public events.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, Pippa now have a charitable public profile. She's a regular attendee at Wimbledon and once in a while she's out and about on the town. The interest will remain.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-19-2016, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I like her ring very much, and I hope that both her niece and her nephew have a role in the wedding- it would be lovely to see them in it.

I don't know about that, Charlotte is so young! Even William... if Pippa married in 2017 he'll only be three! Too young to be reliable.

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton