Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the way all the Middleton women dress! They look fashionable without being over-the-top.

As for Pippa looking old, that may be due to tanning! Nothing is worse than tanning for your skin (not even smoking).

Victoria Arbiter‏@victoriaarbiter
Official word from St. James's Palace regarding Pippa Middleton's book in the following tweet...

Victoria Arbiter‏@victoriaarbiter
"No, St. James's Palace has not banned Pippa Middleton from doing anything. She is a private individual and we don't represent her."

:previous:

A very unfair article. This is a basic book for people not used to partying much. A book for people who enjoy the British season and its festivities. Of course it is not something sophisticated... there are already books on end about that! And the fact that Pippa emphesizes parties in gardens in a country full of gardens does not make the book posh - there are so many little parks and areas where one can use the tipps and celebrate their party there.

I eg was not aware there was a Bonfire Night in November (or is this Guy Fawkes Day?), so I had fun myself.

Jan Moir's articles are always unfair IMO. Typical Daily Mail gruel. If people don't like or don't want to buy Pippa's book, then don't buy it but I predict brisk sales and I say good on Pippa.

Last edited:
I've never been or put on a Bonfire and I'm not sure if it's a thing that's done here in America but I would love to go or put together a Bonfire Night. It looks like it would be fun for a group of family and friends.

Yes, you can also do this kind of stuff in local parks and recreation areas. I fondly remember my families hosting parties in the parks or beaches when I was a kid. I think it's great Pippa has decided to give out party and entertaining tips for those who are always looking for new and unique ideas.

Pippa to sell party book on UK tours: And she's already working on a second - on budget weddings-
Pippa Middleton to sell party book on UK tours and working on a second on budget weddings | Mail Online

I guess it's a good thing that it's said that Pippa won't to any interview or TV appearences to promote her book but I kinda think it's unfair for her not to be able to do it. Camilla's son, Tom Parker Bowles do interviews and appear on lots of TV shows (especially here in America) to promote his cookbooks. Pippa should be able to do the same but at the sametime I understand her case too.

:previous:

I eg was not aware there was a Bonfire Night in November (or is this Guy Fawkes Day?), so I had fun myself.

They're basically the same thing. Over time the 5 November became known as 'Guy Fawkes Night' because the local children would spend the weeks leading up to it making an effigy of Guy who would then be put on the bonfire and burnt. Fireworks are probably the most common aspect of Bonfire Night/Guy Fawkes Night that survives.

Unfortunately, the popularity of Bonfire Night in the UK has declined dramatically as we've taken to aping that utterly awful American custom of Halloween, which is taking over more and more every year.

I have to laugh at Jan Moir and the Daily Mail when it comes to Pippa. They rip her to shreds and basically accuse her of cashing in on her royal links, and yet they bombard us with articles and pictures on an almost daily basis of Pippa doing such crazy things as walking to work or getting a cup of coffee. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the popularity of Bonfire Night in the UK has declined dramatically as we've taken to aping that utterly awful American custom of Halloween, which is taking over more and more every year.

Hey, I love Halloween!
It's my favorite holiday; I enjoy dressing up for one day!
What can compare to the Greenwich Village parade? It's fantastic!

What's not to like? :flowers:

(Well...maybe the vandalism that sometimes accompanies the holiday, but you get cretins acting out for every occasion, not just exclusive to Halloween).

They're basically the same thing. Over time the 5 November became known as 'Guy Fawkes Night' because the local children would spend the weeks leading up to it making an effigy of Guy who would then be put on the bonfire and burnt. Fireworks are probably the most common aspect of Bonfire Night/Guy Fawkes Night that survives.

Thank you for the explanation. That surely is a nice event in cold and foggy November. We have solstice fires here in Germany (plus Easter fires) - especially the one in summer is lovely and the whole village meets to eat and drink together, dance a bit on the village green or simply watch the fire, which is built up and protected by the fire brigade of our village.

Then there are often fires along christmas markets in the countryside - this is fun, too.

Pippa to sell party book on UK tours: And she's already working on a second - on budget weddings-
Pippa Middleton to sell party book on UK tours and working on a second on budget weddings | Mail Online

I guess it's a good thing that it's said that Pippa won't to any interview or TV appearences to promote her book but I kinda think it's unfair for her not to be able to do it. Camilla's son, Tom Parker Bowles do interviews and appear on lots of TV shows (especially here in America) to promote his cookbooks. Pippa should be able to do the same but at the sametime I understand her case too.

But then Tom was known to work in this field and doing Tv occasionally long before his mother actually became the future queen. So he simply continued as he did before and it has been known that he does not talk about his mother apart from her participating in a way with one of the books, like donating a recipe. Pippa became famous through her connection and used this to get a chance to write her book (considering her choice of profession, she would have done so anyway someday, but how and for which advance on the royalities has to do with her brother-in-law's identity). So I believe it is in very good taste not to do interviews now and wait with that till she has to tell things about her own merits instead of about her sister. I'm sure she will come into a position when people are interested in her opinions and experiences but thus far it's not yet happening.

But then Tom was known to work in this field and doing Tv occasionally long before his mother actually became the future queen. So he simply continued as he did before and it has been known that he does not talk about his mother apart from her participating in a way with one of the books, like donating a recipe. Pippa became famous through her connection and used this to get a chance to write her book (considering her choice of profession, she would have done so anyway someday, but how and for which advance on the royalities has to do with her brother-in-law's identity). So I believe it is in very good taste not to do interviews now and wait with that till she has to tell things about her own merits instead of about her sister. I'm sure she will come into a position when people are interested in her opinions and experiences but thus far it's not yet happening.

Its common for writers to publicize their book doing book tours. Even JK Rowling was interviewed after the first couple of Harry Potters. Let's face, the books had a waiting audience she didn't have to do anything to push it really.

Pippa might have gotten a book deal because of her connections, but I am pretty sure that part of that contract included making herself available for interviews to push her book. Some might buy it because she wrote it but others might not, and after hearing her speak on it, they might be more inclined to purchase it.

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
Launch party to mark publication of Pippa Middleton's new book Celebrate tonight at Daunt Books, Fulham. Close family and friends invited

:previous: The DM is such a trashy tabloid. They love to hate on the rich AND poor.

I always feel like I need a shower after reading one of their articles.

I think Pippa looks great as always and I hope to God she makes a bundle of money out of this book deal.

I'm not normally a fan of Pippa's fashion but she does look great in that dress.

Has anyone bought the book or is planning to buy it?

:previous: According to the DM its already number 71 in sales even though it hasn't been released officially. I'll look for the link.

Yes she looked really nice and I too am not a fan of her fashion choices. Am not surprised the book lacks content though .. a friend has bought it and says it's ever more useless that the reviews most books are just more of the same this she says is just pictures which I am informed are very pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom