The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Serene Highness

Amen to the above two posts. I really cannot see what Pippa is to do (not really meaning that even as a defense) but obviously the paps are practically haunting her. Other than sit at home watching the telly she really has not choice.

All of his nonsense seems to come from the DM who have to be the biggest snobs around. They are also clever enough to tap into every jealous nasty person out there for their readers and responders to their trash pieces of "news".

Old 11-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Pippa Middleton split: Newly single Pippa takes weekend break with George Percy | Mail Online

Geroge Percy to the rescue, again

Old 11-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Other than sit at home watching the telly she really has not choice.
That was the hole the tabloids forced her sister in. And loving Willia, she was very careful not to attract attention which could have hurt him or their relationship. One can only hope that Pippa's Ex did not want (maybe even very, very secretly) her to do the same for him as William's position of course is something very unique and I'm sure he knows exactly what Catherine sacrificed and will forever sacrifice for him and his family. Let's face it: one day in the not to far future (as it is to be hoped) Pippa will be the aunt of a future king or queen of the UK. She already is the well-educated daughter of millionaires who is about to be successful in her own right. Why should she change her character traits for anybody? Especially when real love means that you are accepted as you are, not as you "should be".

Plus: as I said before: IMHO Catherine and Philippa are very different in character - I don't think Pippa does attract attention conciously, she is just the kind of outgoing and vivacious character while Catherine prefers to quietly fit in.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
The question whether she comes from a suitable family is probably only an issue for families considering themselves too good for her. I doubt most of those families have easy access to the royal weekend and vacation castles. Pippa will have access to whatever places her cherished sister spends time at.

So a generation or so into the future Pippa will be closer to the throne than most of the families that now may turn up their noses at her.
Have you ever thought that it is not everyone's ambition to be close to the royals? It can be claustrophobic, to go out and have photographers in one's face,people staring and even pointing, and having to put up with petty jealousy as people vie for a position near royalty and to be seen with them, it is not really not that much fun.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sincerely,even we don't know what happened behind the apparent split and scenes we've seen from newspaper articles,I do believe that it was Pippa who decided to split up with Alex,and not him.They had had probably some difficult moments before Kate's wedding,but they 'd been together for 3 years.Maybe they both decided not to be together for the public's eye anymore,but the gradual change of Pippa's attitude after her sister's wedding ,showed some excentric moments(like the dance with Mr.Astor),that's why i do think she decided to take another route and to be with a different man.
I won't be surprised if she and George Percy announce their engagement next year.Though,the things could turn differently.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:18 PM

George does seem to always keep coming back doesn't he? They seem to have a very very close friendship - even Jardine-Paterson, her college boyfriend (and George's current flatmate and good friend) apparently complained about her closeness to George. Maybe they belong together? Who knows?
Old 11-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladynj View Post
George does seem to always keep coming back doesn't he? They seem to have a very very close friendship - even Jardine-Paterson, her college boyfriend (and George's current flatmate and good friend) apparently complained about her closeness to George. Maybe they belong together? Who knows?
I think that would actually be lovely. They seem to really enjoy each others company, and that would put Pippa very firmly in the same world as Kate- which would mean the palace wouldn't have to worry about Pippa's private career and how it reflects on Kate.

Plus, if she marries Percy, I can begin referring to her in my own head as "the Countess of Hogwarts".
Old 11-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I'm wondering if George Percy is one of those guys - you know, the ones who have a crush on you, would do anything for you and kind of hang around, hoping you'll be interested in being more than friends - sort of ready to pounce if your current boyfriend doesn't work out.
I posted this back in June, so I'll float the thought again as it seems he is back in the picture as a 'good friend.'
Old 11-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Majesty

i wonder how the daily mail got those confessions about made by alex's parents...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Administrator

At this point, I tend to agree with those who think that as far some are concerned Pippa will never do anything right by some folks.

If she smiles for the photographers (as opposed to hiding her face behind her purse or sulking) she is seeking the press. Anything other than that gives the impression that she is self serving.

She shouldn't go outside AT ALL so that the press can't take pictures of her walking to her car, shopping, getting coffee or hanging out with friends. That way we won't see her on vacation, going to work, watching a tennis match, going to parties because goodness that's what people do every day!

She certainly shouldn't not have worn such a provcative dress at her sister's wedding. I mean, its not like her sister as the bride didn't 1) either see or choose the dress or 2) was worried about her sister stealing attention from her because she is after all the bride.

In fact, we shouldn't see Pippa in public ever again. She should live, work and sleep in either her home or her parent's home and that should take care of that!

Old 11-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

LOL< I agree with Zonk. Maybe if this press attention continues she should be sent off to exile in The Falklands.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
LOL< I agree with Zonk. Maybe if this press attention continues she should be sent off to exile in The Falklands.
That would be just like her! Gadding around the Falklands cavorting with penguins while her brother in law does actual military service there like a USEFUL member of society. No doubt she'd only go into exile there to party and meet a rich boyfriend and get some attention from the press! In fact, she and her distracting derriere could probably be responsible for Argentina taking back the islands!

She really can't win. And the fact that she's basically being stalked by the press and they still haven't managed to get a negative story on her tells me that she's probably just as discreet and level headed as her sister.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Headline DM: Royal Triangle? Pippa follows William to Falklands; Kate sulks at home in Welsh Cottage
Old 11-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Nobility

I look at this way... Pippa Middleton, spoilt brat who is only famous cause her big sister married a prince. The media love her becasue of due to the fact that she is the sister of now duchess of Cambridge. I have not once ever seen that girl do a hard days work in her back yard or building something. Mummy and daddy give her all that she wants... Pippa Middleton is a nobody
Old 11-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Felicity M View Post
I look at this way... Pippa Middleton, spoilt brat who is only famous cause her big sister married a prince. The media love her becasue of due to the fact that she is the sister of now duchess of Cambridge. I have not once ever seen that girl do a hard days work in her back yard or building something. Mummy and daddy give her all that she wants... Pippa Middleton is a nobody
Is this satire?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I re-watched the most recent Pride and Prejudice movie this weekend - this sounds so much like a quote from it
LOL! I haven't seen that movie in ages...but I prefer the BBC series of Pride and Prejudice...Colin Firth was such a great Mr. Darcy!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
LOL! I haven't seen that movie in ages...but I prefer the BBC series of Pride and Prejudice...Colin Firth was such a great Mr. Darcy!
I share your opinion on this. Unfortunately, don't follow Ms. Middleton enough to have any comments that are on topic. Carry on.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Majesty

Michael Middleton comes from a distinguished background, and so I think that he gets a pass because of that. It was his inherited money which paid for the children's education, according to articles I have read. Also, I think there's some sexism involved here as well as classism. If James married a highly-born young lady, I don't think that there'd be quite the uproar as there is with Pippa dating upper-class men.

Quote:
What fascinates me is that Catherine, Carole and now Pippa are often in the tabloid cross hairs, whereas Michael has never been and James has only been dinged a time or two.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Majesty

Pippa Middleton Bravely Wears Leggings As Pants (PHOTOS)
Old 11-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I don't see anything 'brave' about this. I see plenty of women and girls walk around dressed similarly. It appears to be the current trend. It seems that the press will pick up on any tiny detail about this woman and make a story of it. It must get rather tiresome for Ms. Middleton.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton