The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Majesty

Pippa looks wonderful here. She has a healthy glow about her.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Aristocracy

I had to look again and read the caption, I thought it was her mother. Mind you her mother is very good for her age and dresses beautifully, l think this black and white dress is a bit short but she seems to prefer them that way.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat View Post
l think this black and white dress is a bit short but she seems to prefer them that way.

Did you notice all the camera shots of her crossed legs? Really, the press goes too far! It clearly made her uneasy, she looked like she had her thighs clenched not to reveal too much!

Also, it said she picked up her dress earler from the designer, so it was obviously planned for her to show up in that- let's see if she has Kate's selling power!

(And at least she looked appropriate; for someone who practically lives at fashion shows, Peaches Geldorf looked like a hooker!)
Old 09-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Peaches did not look like a hooker, she is wearing a long elegant dress and actually looks less revealing than the other girls. Pippa's dress is quite ugly and it looks short when she sits, bit quite long when she stands up. Despite the ugly dress, Pippa's face actually looks good which is rare.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
I really don't undestand all this fuss around Pippa, Catherine's Meddleton sister, sure she has a nice figure, but nothing excptional, and her face in my humble opinion is less than average!
Yeah, I'm not impressed. (No offense meant; and Lord knows I'm no supermodel myself.)
Old 09-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Serene Highness

I would agree about the intent of the photographs. The intent was very clear on the part of the photographer, truly disgusting.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora I really don't undestand all this fuss around Pippa, Catherine's Meddleton sister, sure she has a nice figure, but nothing excptional, and her face in my humble opinion is less than average!
I can only agree on that.
I've never seen making such a fuss about a sister of a newly wed Duchess
Old 09-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Majesty

I think Pippa's face and hair look radiant and glowing, but that outfit is ugly sitting or standing..and why does DM assert that Peaches Geldof is only "pretending" a lack of interest in Pippa?? Is it so outside the realm of possibility that she really does not find the chick compelling as DM obviously does??

And I agree about the way Pippa is being photographed..DM's obsession with her has gone beyond silly...it's really creepy and disgusting.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Old 09-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Isnt it to be expected to be photographed from every ankle when sitting in row number one among other celebrities at a fashion show?

Then why wear such a short dress that legs have forcefully be crossed in order to avoid photographers getting a view up to Moscow I am asking myself?

Its all about getting attention, nothing else.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Isnt it to be expected to be photographed from every ankle when sitting in row number one among other celebrities at a fashion show?

Then why wear such a short dress that legs have forcefully be crossed in order to avoid photographers getting a view up to Moscow I am asking myself?

Here I have to agree with you.From the first time I read about Pippa and I saw her,even before Kate's engagement,I've understood that she's the type of women that really enjoys attention and I see nothing wrong with it,sometimes there are less beautiful women,but who are more coquette and tend to be in the centre of attention.In this case Pippa has all the chances,if she were to marry a prince or any other person from "beaumonde",she'd be very quickly in the top of best-dressed etc.
Pippa is very feminine,while Kate prefers classic style and has more hidden personality,Kate is rather more strong in masculine type of thinking and behaviour,in order to get attention she doesn't need any coquette elements.Even Kate is close and smiling,someway she and her sister Pippa remind me about two other famous sisters,the sisters Bouvier-Jacqueline Kennedy and Lee Radziwill,when Lee really enjoyed the attention of publica,while Jackie prefered to stay watching from the distance.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Courtier

Isn't Pippa supposed to be promised to Alex Loudon? Isn't he working hard to provide a good life while Pippa parties away? When she was supposedly being attached to Harry and Percy, what about Alex? Isn't she supposed to be with her fiance, or at least not running around after the two of them? I wonder how Alex felt seeing all those headlines and I think it was kind of a slap in the face.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Aristocracy

I'm sure I'm pretty late to be commenting on Pippa's thigh-baring mini-dress mini-disaster, but I still couldn't resist the urge to post about it.

One of the pictures in the DM came awfully close to horrifying territory - and it's really a shame; the dress was not all that short when she was standing, but apparently Pippa doesn't know quite how to sit in a skirt of that length and cut. (I'm not a fan of Pippa, (she irritated me by carrying Kate's train too much, thereby IMHO ruining the beautiful lines of the gown and train and showing off the underskirt? but that's another story) however I still felt really bad for her obvious discomfort at the Temperley show; she knew all those cameras were on her and just waiting for one poorly judged movement so they could get a "knickers-or-not" shot.

I've never been of the opinion that Pippa courts publicity, but rather that she refuses to let the tabloid interest constrain her from living her life pretty much as she always has as an adult. The fact this was the first fashion show she went to since her sister's wedding, when she was previously a frequent attendee, illustrates this, to my way of thinking and IMHO.

But I can't imagine how horrible it had to have been to sit there for so long, scared witless that you'd embarrass yourself, your sister, (not that Kate wouldn't have totally understood after what happened to HRH in windy Calgary wearing that yellow dress!) and your boyfriend if the photogs got that shot which she knew would have made the front page of every tabloid. No woman should have to deal with that simply because of whom her sister chose to marry.

Well, kudos to Pippa for managing quite well and for keeping her cool when she could have made some excuse and left. The Middletons certainly seem to produce self-possessed daughters who know how to handle the public eye. Kate, by marrying William, has agreed to become a public figure. Being her sister's bridesmaid should not have put Pippa anywhere near the position she now occupies in the tabloids' favourite headlines list.

For the first time, after seeing the DM and other London papers, I really feel for Pippa. I hope the tabloids find a new "it girl" with whom to occupy themselves; it's nearly five months since the wedding. Enough already: Give the woman a break.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

Well honestly ..... I think she should have spread her legs and then thrust her clasped hands down between her legs and closed off all access .... that would teach 'em. That is what they were looking for after all. I really doubt that there was a way to sit that would have been protective enough other than than described above. I have to wonder if the photographer was lying on his side on the catwalk to get just the right shot.

I repeat, I think it's disgusting. I'm not a particular fan of Pippa, I just think the media is behaving ridiculously. If they can't catch Catherine in an embarrassing position (which they did indeed in Canada) then they will try with Pippa. What's next? Carole Middleton??
Old 09-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Majesty

The dress looked fine when Pippa was standing up, and I wonder if somehow the dress got hitched up when she was sitting down? There just seems to be such a difference between the standing length and the sitting length.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
The dress looked fine when Pippa was standing up, and I wonder if somehow the dress got hitched up when she was sitting down? There just seems to be such a difference between the standing length and the sitting length.
From what I could see, the dress didn't have a defined waist-line, but fell from the shoulders. In my experience, the lack of some sort of waist "band" or even a seam around the waist makes it much more difficult to sit modestly as the back of the dress always seems to catch on one's chair and all of a sudden, it seems like seven inches have deleted themselves from the hem. (I could be dead wrong; it's been a few years since I was young enough to wear a dress like that. In my home country, women don't usually wear dresses of that sort after thirty years old, or thereabouts.)
Old 09-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Not necessarily.
I suspect she wore that particular dress as a favor to the designer; it was said that she stopped on the way to the show to pick up the dress. So I think perhaps Temperley asked her to wear it, knowing it would make headlines.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Royal Highness

Newspapers only bring this kind of pictures because there is high demand for it
Most gossip magazines only feature pics of celebrities bringing out the garbage or slipping on a banana skin,I guess it gives "normal" people great satisfaction to see beautiful,rich and successful personalities in disgraceful situations or looks...I donīt like that very much but thatīs the way it works.
At fashion shows photographers have no shame to enter the backstage area while the models are half naked or too busy to get pictures taken (itīs always a lot of stress) and itīs no surprise they often get such unflattering pictures...
They did the same thing with Diana and now they are following Kate just to get a valuable picture to proclaim a scandal,itīs so weird!Pippa seems to handle the situation with the press very well,she comes across as someone very confident who is not afraid to be in the center of attention. A few bad pictures donīt destroy her image & it doesnīt really matter because tomorrow they will show bad pictures of another famous person and everyone will talk about it
Old 09-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Majesty

I think that Pippa had as much dignity as she could gather in this situation. She doesn't look like she's enjoying the attention from the photographers, but she doesn't look overwhelmed either.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Royal Highness

I would also feel uncomfortable if I was wearing a very short skirt/dress and ppl take pictures,but I was generally speaking - I really admire her for being so cool and relaxed about the whole situation she is in after her sisters marriage and being so much in the spotlight all the time,I would get really mad if I got photographed and followed everywhere ;-)

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton