The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2016, 10:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Still no news of any details? Like when and where? Will we be informed, do you think? I love weddings. Strongly rooting for a winter affair.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:22 PM
Heir Apparent

No details yet. We'll certainly be informed when there is anything by the British tabloids. I wouldn't be surprised if the wedding and reception is covered by 'Hello' magazine. They've already got one Pippa cover published, to do with her gown etc and seem to be gearing up for a campaign.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Inquisitor at it again

Kate And Pippa Middleton: The Media Battle That’s Continually Brewing
Old 08-28-2016, 12:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
No details yet. We'll certainly be informed when there is anything by the British tabloids. I wouldn't be surprised if the wedding and reception is covered by 'Hello' magazine. They've already got one Pippa cover published, to do with her gown etc and seem to be gearing up for a campaign.
Oh good! Looking forward to it. Pippa has a great sense of style. Thank you for saying, Curryong.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:26 AM
Commoner

Titles for Kate and Pippa

Does anyone think that the UK media will ever REGULARLY refer to Kate Middleton as the Duchess of Cambridge and Pippa Middleton - in time - as Lady Glenaffric ?
Old 08-30-2016, 02:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyferen View Post
Does anyone think that the UK media will ever REGULARLY refer to Kate Middleton as the Duchess of Cambridge and Pippa Middleton - in time - as Lady Glenaffric ?
I doubt Pippa will ever go by Lady Glenaffric. James doesn't use a title and it's a purchased title.

She would sound pretty absurd if she insisted on calling herself that and it doesn't seem to be her style.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:51 AM
Heir Apparent

No, I don't think they will, as far as Kate's concerned, I believe she'll still be KM for years. At least when she is Princess of Wales the media might feel there's no alternative but to address her with her proper title.

To be fair, it's as much an indulgence of the ignorance of the general public in Britain and elsewhere as some quirk of journalists that she is still called Kate Middleton. That was the name under which she became known to the public at large and I think the media believes many wouldn't know who they were writing/talking about if they didn't put Kate Middleton in there.

As for Pippa, this lairdship was one purchased by David Matthews when he bought an estate up in Scotland. As such it might not be taken seriously by the British media, and there are probably too many variables anyway to make a guess at whether Pippa will be Lady Glenaffric in future years. The land might be sold on and the lairdship with it. Scotland might well vote for independence sooner than later, followed by a referendum on the monarchy in Scotland. Titles might be abolished, who knows. David's wife Jane isn't known as Lady Glenaffric as far as I can tell, so it doesn't appear that this is taken too seriously in the Matthews family anyway.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:04 AM
Serene Highness

Be rather ridiculous for Pippa to use one of the "lord of the manor" titles which are not peerages and dont mean anything. lets hope she has more sense.
As for kate, I think it is mostly on the Net that she's referred to as Kate Midd.. I usually see "Kate" or The Duchess of Camb.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:31 AM
Commoner

Page 3 of the Scottish Daily Mail (July 22nd) stated that Pippa was entitled to be addressed as Lady Glen Affric once her fiancé inherits his father's Lairdship. James Matthews is already the "solitary manager of the 10,000 acre Glen Affric Estate".
Do you think that the UK Media will refer to her by this courtesy title - they seldom call Kate the Duchess of Cambridge.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyferen View Post
Page 3 of the Scottish Daily Mail (July 22nd) stated that Pippa was entitled to be addressed as Lady Glen Affric once her fiancé inherits his father's Lairdship. James Matthews is already the "solitary manager of the 10,000 acre Glen Affric Estate".
Do you think that the UK Media will refer to her by this courtesy title - they seldom call Kate the Duchess of Cambridge.
I could be wrong, but I think possibly this user is a bot. This same question was asked twice in this thread and then again on my public user profile.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:30 AM
Aristocracy

The use of Kate Middleton, usually in addition to the Duchess of Cambridge, by the media is all about one thing, and it's easily summed up in one chart:

https://www.google.com/trends/explor...of%20cambridge
Old 08-30-2016, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

It could be that there is sometimes confusion between the Duchess of Cambridge, and the Duchess of Cornwall?
I am familiar with the titles and yet sometimes I have to look at the headline twice.

As for Pippa, I heard somewhere that the wedding is scheduled for February.
Don't know how accurate that is.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pippa wanting a winter wedding in Switzerland actually. James's half-sister and her family live there (I think they're tax exiles) and Pippa being a keen skier obviously doesn't mind the cold. I believe Kate, William and Harry went to a snowy Swiss wedding of one of their friends when Kate was pregnant, and it did look spectacular. Jan/Feb might be about right.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I doubt Pippa will ever go by Lady Glenaffric. James doesn't use a title and it's a purchased title.

She would sound pretty absurd if she insisted on calling herself that and it doesn't seem to be her style.
It's James' father who holds the title not James? It will pass on to him when his father dies.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

The 'Pippa effect'

Quote:
It was hard work to get the brand off the ground but we found ourselves in the limelight overnight when Pippa Middleton was photographed in our boots.

The style sold out immediately and we got a big lift from the ‘Middleton effect’ Suddenly, we were known across the globe.’
Read more: Sebastian Edwards' family founded Clarks but he quit firm to design his own shoes | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-31-2016, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
It's James' father who holds the title not James? It will pass on to him when his father dies.
It will pass to which of his 3 kids he leaves it to. Or who he sells it to, it simply goes with owning land.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:04 PM
Aristocracy

Hmmm ..... true, so why then the musings of Lady Pippa on the thread?
Old 09-04-2016, 04:16 AM
Heir Apparent

A challenging chapter for Pippa Middleton's book business, writes GIRL ABOUT TOWN: | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Serene Highness

USA $65,000 a year for someone with no apparent bills ok. Many households live on that or less.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Middleton Maven @MiddletonMaven
Pippa Middleton is the September issue cover girl for @SoMagazines #BridetoBe

https://twitter.com/MiddletonMaven/s...16229987938304

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton