The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2017, 09:38 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Maybe KP knows something we don't. All the males pictured in the photo release are fathers. Could it be that George has a love child somewhere and we just don't know it? Same with Harry.

I find it kind of silly to pick apart pictures that someone else though was an appropriate gesture to make for Father's Day. I was even wondering if Father's Day was the same in the UK as here in the States.

I enjoyed the pictures that were used though.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:45 PM
Courtier

I didn't find the photos tweeted inappropriate--they were both of a father with his eldest child--the one to first make him be a father. And the one of George hugging his father was very sweet.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:55 PM
Majesty

What a lot negative comments! Sad

Personally, I find the tweets from Clarence House and Kp delightful. Glad they have taken up the Fathers Day theme.

But my cup is always half full!

Hope you all had a great day.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-19-2017, 12:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

It is sweet that CH and KP released the pictures for Fathers Day, but it made no sense leaving Charlotte out as she's William's daughter. CH tweeted a picture of Charles and two sons, because he's a father of two. KP tweeted a picture of Willian and George, because he's a father of one? They could've added the picture of William and his daughter in Canada. No one be complaining if KP press office just tweeted a picture of the man with his two kids.

I don't know why these dumb and very avoidable mistakes are being made.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-29-2017, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
We're told Kate and Prince William attended a reception and new parents orientation Wednesday night for the approximate 60 new children that are expected to attend the school in the fall. They were spotted mingling with all the other new parents, putting their royal titles aside for the evening as they took a keen interest in George's education.
Read more: Prince William and Kate Middleton Gear Up to Send Prince George to School: Inside Their Parent Orientation | E! News
Old 06-29-2017, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

If true (I'm not sure how credible E! is as a source), it's nice that the school has an event like that. It makes the children and teachers familiar with each other when they return in September, thus making the first day of school less daunting.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-29-2017, 05:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's great if true! I am a teacher and my class are around George's age. I always have an evening in June for the parents to come and hear important information about school, to meet me and ask any questions they have!
Old 06-29-2017, 07:02 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm happy to see that they've had this orientation for the parents. One of the hallmarks of a good teacher is to be able to integrate the parents of her students into their child's education. Teamwork between home and school makes for a solid foundation for the child to learn.

I wonder if William had to squeeze himself into one of those little desks?
Old 06-29-2017, 07:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

I look at those little desks at my niece and nephews schools and wonder how in the world did I fit in those seats.

Orientations can be fun and frightening at the same time. I hope George and his parents had a nice time.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-19-2017, 06:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kate: The Making of a Modern Queen-
Kate Middleton accused of making the monarchy less magical | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-19-2017, 09:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
That is a bizarre article. The historian seems to be praising Kate, but the Mail is spinning it as criticism.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:03 PM
Majesty

I watched the programme. Catherine came out of it in a positive light. My take was that in trying to have some element of "normal" in their lives (away from cameras etc) there was always a risk that the magic might go but the fact was they were managing it well.

Nothing to complain about at all. All very balanced from a wide range of commentators/journos/historians and authors

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-19-2017, 11:25 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen isn't living high on the "royal" lifestyle. She isn't having glamorous dinner parties every evening, private jet setting to the south of France. She eating cereal out of Tupperware containers and vacations in Scotland and Norfolk in winter. Prince Philip was born royal. His mother got locked in a hospital for several years and his father ran off to Monte Carlo with his mistress. I think I would chose Kate's commoner upbringing with a loving and supportive family than Philip's royal one.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:15 AM
Majesty

And yet, when we are not dissecting their lives the extended royal family are close. William and Harry's relationship with Ann and Tim to be and affectionate one and they are close to Peter and Zara and their spouses and children.

Over time we all grow and change and we see William spends time in the sun with the Middletons but until last year Harry was joining the Yorks for skiing at NY. The closeness doesn't just include his cousins but his Aunt and Uncle.

Charles might have been taking the time to relax, reading and painting but over time he started spending more time with Camilla and her family and loves reading stories to her grandchildren.

The Queen and Prince Philip are from another generation now mostly gone.
The unexpected early demise of the King saw things change, but they still holidayed at Sandringham and Balmoral, cooked on campfires, etc. I think the BRF are a lot more ordinary than we think all in all.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:16 AM
Majesty

PLATELL'S PEOPLE: Time for William to put a sock in it * | Daily Mail Online

Whilst I don't always agree with Amanda, I think she is right on this one!
Old 07-29-2017, 06:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Does Harry need put a sock in then or just William? Platell is so predictable in her bias.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015

One, why is this in the Duchess's current events? Does she need a sock too?

Harry probably has been way more open then William recently so I agree there is definitely bias. I was surprised Platell didn't throw in a Carole Middleton jab in.

William is absolutely right about first responders and the emergency services. They don't send the helicopter out for minor things. He definitely saw some gruesome accidents. Take the people who were on the scene at the bombing in Manchester or the fire in the tower that pretty traumatic stuff. You are not forgetting a bunch of little kids getting blown up. It's important to support the emergency responders not just right after a high profile event but all the time and make sure they have the mental health support they need.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Does Harry need put a sock in then or just William? Platell is so predictable in her bias.
Quite right, Harry does need to zip it as well!
Old 07-30-2017, 03:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

The media wants to run the narrative about the young royals lives and about Diana. William and Harry disrupts them from doing that in this anniversary year.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-30-2017, 10:22 PM
Nobility

Prince William and Kate Middleton urged not to have 3rd baby in open letter

Strangely, a San Francisco-based children's organization, no less, is asking William and Kate (in an open letter) not to have more kids!

It's their business whether they have more children or not. I personally think they will try for at least one, perhaps two more children. Kate doesn't take well to the early stages of pregnancy. But she receives a lot of care and the best medical attention, and she's done a fine job.

Will & Kate seem very happy with their current two, and there's no reason for them not to try again for at least a third child.