The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-11-2017, 05:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The time for George to learn about being King is later when he can understand it. It's not now. He needs to be a kid now and be treated like a regular kid. He probably doesn't know that he is Prince and that Gan Gan is Queen. He isn't going to comprehend that when his great grandmother, grandfather and father die, he will be King.
By the time William started school, aged 4, and Charles even younger they were both well aware that they would be King so I am sure that George understands that as well. What that will mean in the long term is still something to learn in the future but he would be well aware that not all children go onto the balcony at BP and that his grandmother's image is everywhere.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
By the time William started school, aged 4, and Charles even younger they were both well aware that they would be King so I am sure that George understands that as well. What that will mean in the long term is still something to learn in the future but he would be well aware that not all children go onto the balcony at BP and that his grandmother's image is everywhere.
I agree. Its probably not something that you get sat down and told. More probably something that you learn more and more as you grow up. Kind of like you usually are not told your name, it's just something you pick up on the way :P

Old 06-12-2017, 01:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Just want to add that Charles also went to university, and he also served in the Navy including (eventually) captaining a ship. He would have met and had to lead men from all walks of life.

I think that experience led him to develop the Princes Trust - helping young people who did not have his advantages.

I think he understood that exposure to a wider community was benefical to his children.
To his credit, Charles has made concerted efforts at various times throughout his life to have experiences that might give him a better idea of what a "regular" life is like.

But my impression is that his experiences out in the "normal world" haven't had much chance at giving him a very accurate experience of normalcy. In some cases, like Gordonstoun, he was spitefully held at arms length due to his title. In others (Cambridge, large portions of his Naval career) he was given a very customized/insulated experience, partly in deference to his title, but partly for practical reasons. He had to be available to leave quite often to carry out royal duties. And his time at the university and in the military was first and foremost supposed to prepare him for being King, not really to help him get to know commoners. He has pointedly sought out experiences "close to the land" from time to time, one has to wonder how honest of an experience his hosts actually gave him (and I do think he hoped for honest, warts-and-all experiences)...or how much they quietly edited the schedule of duties because he was a prince. Or because sometimes it's just easier to do certain tasks without unskilled, volunteer "help."

I don't blame anyone for the way that many of his non-Royal experiences were kept relatively artificial. The BRF was feeling its way into new territory with his upbringing. At some point, there has to be a circle of separation between a prince and a greedy world of people trying to take advantage of him. They took a big step by having Charles spend more time outside palace walls at a young age, but built in separations almost as tightly protective (giving him special rooms and a non-standard course of study at Cambridge, for example) which ultimately kept his fellow students and sailors at a distance. Back in the 80s and 90s, Charles used to sound quite bitter about that stage in his life. His own description of seems to be that he was in those places without really being part of the community.

But the BRF seems to have learned lessons from his experience and tweaked their approach going forward. With Andrew and Edward, and then even more so with William and Harry, they have found different ways of building "walls" outside the bounds of their schools or military assignments, so that within that protective circle the princes can still have a somewhat typical experience at their schools or jobs.

It will be interesting to see if William carves out even larger space for his children to move around in relative normalcy, or if his comments simply mean that he wants George and Charlotte to have an upbringing more like his own than his father's.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Lovely photo of a girl and her Mom: http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id696867122.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:06 AM
Majesty

Kensington Palace, the official Twitter account for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, shared the two photos on their Twitter page with the caption: 'Happy Father’s Day. Wishing all the fathers out there a very happy day.'
Old 06-18-2017, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Kensington Palace, the official Twitter account for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, shared the two photos on their Twitter page with the caption: 'Happy Father’s Day. Wishing all the fathers out there a very happy day.'
KP left out Charlotte. A mistake that shouldn't have been made.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-18-2017, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

It would have been nice if they shared a photo with Both his children
Old 06-18-2017, 12:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It would have been nice if they shared a photo with Both his children
Do you know such photo?
Old 06-18-2017, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Do you know such photo?
Oh I don't know maybe one if these

Find Out Why Prince William is Missing Easter With Kids Prince George and Princess Charlotte - Closer Weekly

Or one if these

Prince William and Kate's sweet family portraits with George and Charlotte - Photo 2

Or photo from Christmas. Or from the vogue shoot. Or you know Kate the photographer could take a photo.

You make it sound like I asked for some hard to come by photo.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:11 PM
Serene Highness

But Catherine is also on these pics. Next question would be "where is Diana?"
They needed pic with William and children/child only.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
But Catherine is also on these pics. Next question would be "where is Diana?"
They needed pic with William and children/child only.
No they didn't Need a photo with just Wiliam and the kids. There is no rule.

why would the next question be about Diana? It's Father's Day. Not having Diana in a photo is not the same as not including both children in a Father's Day photo. Diana was not a dad, but Charlotte os his daughter.

If they didn't want to include Kate, I am sure they could have had a third photo. Or Kate could have taken one.

But maybe Dman can provide a better defense of their opinion. I notice you have yet to ask them to defend his statement. Sure you are getting to that

But by all means, while I wait for you to question Dman, how about this
https://mobile.twitter.com/padchaplo...29675967676417
Old 06-18-2017, 01:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
No they didn't Need a photo with just Wiliam and the kids. There is no rule.

why would the next question be about Diana? It's Father's Day. Not having Diana in a photo is not the same as not including both children in a Father's Day photo. Diana was not a dad, but Charlotte os his daughter.

If they didn't want to include Kate, I am sure they could have had a third photo. Or Kate could have taken one.

But maybe Dman can provide a better defense of their opinion. I notice you have yet to ask them to defend his statement. Sure you are getting to that

But by all means, while I wait for you to question Dman, how about this
https://mobile.twitter.com/padchaplo...29675967676417
You is right, it's Father's Day. Charlotte is not a father. They don't need two children to indicate that William is father.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
You is right, it's Father's Day. Charlotte is not a father. They don't need two children to indicate that William is father.
By that argument why not a photo of him by himself. We know he is a dad, no kids required at all to indicate he is one

I think when you have two kids, they should both be included. Plain and simple. My opinion and I am entitled to it.

I am done defending myself. I have yet to see any demands on Dman to defend his opinion. I wonder why.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Clarence House tweeted a photo of Philip and Charles as a little boy in a boat

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClarenceH...68736114094080

Not Charles with his kids. Let's not forget KP twitter is for Cambridges and Harry and the royal themselves are not the ones tweeting.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Huh? William is the father, of 2 kids. Of course Charlotte should have been included. And what a joke to use an old photo cutting off Harry
Old 06-18-2017, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Not Charles with his kids. Let's not forget KP twitter is for Cambridges and Harry and the royal themselves are not the ones tweeting.
Hmm..wonder could it be becayse Philip is Charies dad. You don't stop having a father when you become one

Yes, KP released the photo. And I am saying KP made a bad choice

But I am leaving this discussion. Because obviously some people aren't entitled to an opinion of their own. It's childish at best to pick on one poster, and not others who have the same opinion.

Happy Sunday
Old 06-18-2017, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017

So KP should have attached just the photo with teenage age William and Harry with Charles. No one would have said any thing negative? KP Twitter also represents Kate. Where is a photo with Kate and her dad? It's not that serious what photos are attached to a tweet.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's a beautiful thing that KP decided to tweet pictures for Father's Day, but if they're going to do that, it's best to show picture of William with Both of his kids. It's not that hard and pretty simple. KP just have a bad habit of making some mistakes.

This photo should've been used in the tweet-
http://mashable.com/2016/09/29/princ.../#NuG0_E3l1aqf

C'mon KP! use your heads!! Kinda remind me of the photos of the family that was released for William's interview. Charlotte was off to one side, while William, Catherine and George was together. Just silly mistakes.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-18-2017, 02:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Huh? William is the father, of 2 kids. Of course Charlotte should have been included. And what a joke to use an old photo cutting off Harry
If you're talking about the picture that Kensington Palace tweeted, if you look at it properly you will see that both Harry and William are in it
Old 06-18-2017, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Clarence House tweeted a picture with Charles and his father. He (or his team) chose to focus on the relationship he has with his own father, instead of focusing on his role as a father.

Kensington Palace chose to tweet two photos - one of William and Harry with their father, and one showing William as a father. The first cuts Harry out of the picture in the preview, despite KP being the official account of the Cambridges and Harry. The second only shows William with one of his children. Both are great pictures on their own, but aren't the best choices for the post that was made.