General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the skiing, W&K went to Meribel in 2012 with her family, but they don't seem to ski much. Maybe as the kids get older?

Even with Nannies, it's a bit harder to travel with two kids. Maybe they didn't feel like it knowing they'll be off to India & Bhutan, without the kids. Better to stay put, let William get his hours in, and they can just be at home with the kids.

I admire how close Kate is with her family, but I, personally, wouldn't want to do the same thing every single year. Missing out here and there isn't a bad thing.

But I also can't do the beach anymore, so what do I know, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, she could be still breastfeeding. I know she only breastfed George for 8 months, while Charlotte is currently 9 months. But George might have been weaned a little earlier than she desired since they went on tour with George's shortly after.

Or it could be that she just didn't want alcohol. She's never been a heavy drinker.

I have my doubts that she would be pregnant with their April tour of India and Bhutan. But I suppose they could be. Only they know.

Not with the HG history no way until after the spring tour.

Why does she have to drink alcohol at every meal? She just spent 2 years pregnant or breastfeeding. Probably used to not drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Let's not speculate on a potential pregnancy.

If that is the case, it will be announced in due course.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Well, she could be still breastfeeding. I know she only breastfed George for 8 months, while Charlotte is currently 9 months. But George might have been weaned a little earlier than she desired since they went on tour with George's shortly after.

Or it could be that she just didn't want alcohol. She's never been a heavy drinker.

I have my doubts that she would be pregnant with their April tour of India and Bhutan. But I suppose they could be. Only they know.

How do you know she breastfed George for 8 months?

Its kind of nice that W&K go out to the local pub for a bit of one on one time without being unnecessarily hassled and gawked at from all angles. Like all parents with little ones and demands on their time by responsibilities, its just so good to get away every now and then.

Forget the sparkling water debate. What I'm wondering is were they able to get through the entire evening without talking about the kids or were they the prime target of conversation? :D

How do you know she breastfed George for 8 months?

It was reported by the british media in March 2014 that George had just been weaned. July 2013->March 2014 is 8 months. Simple math.

Sparking water for the Duchess. Might we read something in this choice of beverage?
If you're tired from looking after children/life in general, the last thing you want is alcohol. Considering how much Kate looks after herself, she may not be a big drinker.

Also after pregnancy, many women lose their ability to hold alcohol. After having two children in 18 months, one glass will now put me to sleep! Also, children have a great knack of waking you up in the middle of the night....

When my husband and I go out I rarely drink, he almost always has a drink.

I wouldn't read anything into it.

LaRae

I'm happy they had a night out. Happy they seem to still like on another and chat/laugh with one another. Glad their teeth seem to be functioning. ;) All else is speculation and not really our business unless they decide to tell us. :bang:

It was reported by the british media in March 2014 that George had just been weaned. July 2013->March 2014 is 8 months. Simple math.

This comes under the heading of too personal.

It is also ridiculous that (a) anyone believes that the press would know and (b) would believe the type of press that would publish such rubbish.

Why is this allowed when no one is allowed to speculate that someone "might" be pregnant?

Way too personal

I think everyone need to stay out of this woman's womb!!!

I think everyone need to stay out of this woman's womb!!!
I have to agree. It's okay if the thought hits your mind, you see a feature or somthing that makes you think that maaaaybeee.. But that's where is should stop, I think. It's not something strangers on the internet should sit and speculate about.

This comes under the heading of too personal.

It is also ridiculous that (a) anyone believes that the press would know and (b) would believe the type of press that would publish such rubbish.

Way too personal

Well, she was definitely breastfeeding George because when she was papped at the grocery store in Wales one of the items in her cart was nursing pads. She has to of stopped at some point. And the British press said it was March.

I guess I’m not one of those people who thinks breastfeeding is a taboo subject to mention in public. It’s very commonplace and healthy, so much so that there are laws protecting women’s rights to breastfeed in public.

Were you in the threads chastising “too personal”, when the press said she delivered George and Charlotte via natural birth. Because labor and delivery is a lot more "personal" and “medical", than breastfeeding.

For me there’s no difference between saying George eats breast milk, and George eats Cheerios.

Frankly, when it comes to breastfeeding you remind me of Queen Victoria and her "Alice the cow" dig.

Well, she was definitely breastfeeding George because when she was papped at the grocery store in Wales one of the items in her cart was nursing pads. She has to of stopped at some point. And the British press said it was March.

I guess I’m not one of those people who thinks breastfeeding is a taboo subject to mention in public. It’s very commonplace and healthy, so much so that there are laws protecting women’s rights to breastfeed in public.

Were you in the threads chastising “too personal”, when the press said she delivered George and Charlotte via natural birth. Because labor and delivery is a lot more "personal" and “medical", than breastfeeding.

For me there’s no difference between saying George eats breast milk, and George eats Cheerios.

Frankly, when it comes to breastfeeding you remind me of Queen Victoria and her "Alice the cow" dig.

I do think it is too personal a comment and I'm entitled to my opinion which was politely put forward.

And thank you for the compliment

Whoah. There is a difference to belive breastfeeding should be free and in public (which I obviously belive) and that it shouldn't be taboo to talk about. It's another thing to speculate on if a mother breastfeeds or not, how long they do etc. That is their own family planning decision. Just like you have no reason to be told if they sleep together or on their own and when they started using the potty. It's none of our buissnes. That doesn't meen that potty using is taboo. Just that specualting on when someone elses kid started it is none of your buissness and usually leads to comparisons with other kids which leads to judging of the parents.

Whoah. There is a difference to belive breastfeeding should be free and in public (which I obviously belive) and that it shouldn't be taboo to talk about. It's another thing to speculate on if a mother breastfeeds or not, how long they do etc. That is their own family planning decision. Just like you have no reason to be told if they sleep together or on their own and when they started using the potty. It's none of our buissnes. That doesn't meen that potty using is taboo. Just that specualting on when someone elses kid started it is none of your buissness and usually leads to comparisons with other kids which leads to judging of the parents.

Alright, if Catherine is ever papped with a box of Cheerios, I'll make sure not to speculate that she eats Cheerios. It is a family breakfast planning decision, and will only lead to comparisons with other kids and parents who eat Wheaties.

It's time to move on please - how a simple night out for a meal can turn into debate about what can, should or could be discussed is beyond me. Could we also please stop getting personal and snarky with one another.

IIRC when they visited that Winery during the Aussie/NZ Tour, Catherine was overheard saying it was nice to enjoy a glass of wine again now that George wasn't being breastfed anymore. That was not only mentioned in the Press, but and IIRC, it was in one of than a few of the several videos posted from that day on YouTube. The reason I say IIRC is simply because of the amount of videos from that day I know I heard HRH say it clearly, but don't ask me which video it is. That was almost two yrs ago after all.

That's Catherine saying it herself and loud enough to be heard to be reported on. Not the Media making it up. You don't have to like it, as everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it wasn't made up gossip.

Also to head off the "State your source" posts I know are coming and I get so sick of...If in this day and age people can't be bothered/haven't a clue how to do a simple Google search, then I'm certainly not doing it for them.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Anyone else mentioned that maybe Kate was the designated driver for the night and choose not to drink for that reason - they are a low key couple and probably preferred to one of them to drive to the pub rather than having a driver.

Anyone else mentioned that maybe Kate was the designated driver for the night and choose not to drink for that reason - they are a low key couple and probably preferred to one of them to drive to the pub rather than having a driver.

They would have had a policeman with them, who could have driven them back.

IIRC when they visited that Winery during the Aussie/NZ Tour, Catherine was overheard saying it was nice to enjoy a glass of wine again now that George wasn't being breastfed anymore. That was not only mentioned in the Press, but and IIRC, it was in one of than a few of the several videos posted from that day on YouTube. The reason I say IIRC is simply because of the amount of videos from that day I know I heard HRH say it clearly, but don't ask me which video it is. That was almost two yrs ago after all.

That's Catherine saying it herself and loud enough to be heard to be reported on. Not the Media making it up. You don't have to like it, as everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it wasn't made up gossip.

Also to head off the "State your source" posts I know are coming and I get so sick of...If in this day and age people can't be bothered/haven't a clue how to do a simple Google search, then I'm certainly not doing it for them.

Why should someone do your research for you? If its so easy, then it doesn't take much effort to produce your own source.

When I searched for that quote, I didn't find the video but I did find the Hello article about the winery visit. She said she was enjoying drinking again after giving birth last year. Nothing about breastfeeding

Kate Middleton not pregnant as she samples wine with Prince William in New Zealand

I am one of those people who asks someone to cite their source, though not on this forum. As a graduate student I always have to cite sources and also work in academia where I have to cite a source. If someone were to note something outlandish like C&W saying they want twins (which, to my knowledge, they have never said thus I do not have a source) I would someone to back that up with a source. I think it is respectful to give a source so people will believe you than to tell them to search themselves.

If you needed a roll of toilet paper, I wouldn't tell you where to find it (unless it's in the bathroom), I would get it for you. Not quite the same thing, but another example of giving someone what they requested.

I don't need a citation for the whole breastfeeding issues, I really could not care less about whether or not it is true. :)

Just going to throw in my own two cents worth on the issue of asking for sources. I believe that it is part and parcel of the forum rules that what is posted is able to be backed up by reputable sources. This, I believe, keeps TRF as more of an informational archive than a gossip/flamethrowing/speculative forum where anything can be dished out.

Our moderators work hard to keep this place the way it is and its because of this dedication that TRF has been around for so long.

To quote the TRF rules:

Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.

They would have had a policeman with them, who could have driven them back.
Well, since we've seen Kate drive with the security guy in the passenger seat I don't think it's always that the police officer drive. I think it depends on the situation.

RPOs do not drive the car. Royals are taught avoidance techniques but the police have to be free to assess and communicate situation, not drive. Same reason why they do not carry luggage/shopping when walking about - must be free to respond.

RPO plus driver with skills on official events is the norm. Private events may be just RPO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom