The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-07-2016, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
As some of us here suspected the Cambridge's chose a ski holiday this year instead in Mustique. They must have flown using a private jet (possibly from the duke of westminster) to go completely uncover otherwise there would have been some rumours the last few days but it has been quiet.
Nice that they got to enjoy a holiday in the french alps without being hassled by the paps

Harry was able to holiday in France earlier this month without being spotted. Sometimes you just get lucky

Old 03-07-2016, 10:21 AM
Gentry

Charlotte looks like a female version of her brother in that photo and, judging by her eyebrows, she may turn blonde as well.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

^^^Nice that both brothers were able to take a quick holiday without being discovered by the press. The photos of the Cambridges in the snow are lovely IMO.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Serene Highness

Finally a photo of Charlotte and William, and my god does she looks like him!!

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 03-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Serene Highness

I agree. I think she looks very like William when he was that age. It will be interesting to see her this summer without all the "padding".
Old 03-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Charlotte goes on a royal adventure in new children's book
Old 03-07-2016, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness

Great pictures they look like a happy family.

I don't think them releasing pictures will end the paps trying to get pictures, that is how they make their money. So they won't give up they need to get paid.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
Great pictures they look like a happy family.

I don't think them releasing pictures will end the paps trying to get pictures, that is how they make their money. So they won't give up they need to get paid.
Yeah, but someone noted that this way they can go incognito for the trip, release pictures when they come home and tell the world themselves that they were on vacation and they avoid the "AHA! We found out the Cambridges were on vacation" negative stories.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice that they released pictures of their skiing holiday. Cute kids.
Some time off in the snow as a family : D
Old 03-07-2016, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Beautiful pictures of the Cambridge family and I'm glad to see them out and having fun.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-07-2016, 12:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the phtos1 and it is great they are doing a photocall like the rest of the royals! just one thing I do not understand why they had tennis shoes on the snow?
Old 03-07-2016, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

It's important to remember, photos like this are released for the public to enjoy.

It's not about giving newspapers an exclusive or giving work to photographers.

Good Morning Britain, Sky News and the BBC had coverage and the photos have been all over the internet. Anyone who wants to see the photos can see them.

It's a fact of life you're not going to please everyone
Old 03-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Nobility

Charlotte looks like Wills....
Old 03-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

I was wondering when we would get pictures of the family again. I thought it wouldn't happen until Charlotte's 1st Birthday in May.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Wow, Charlotte looks completely like her father.
I don't understand the critizism about not posing for lots of photographers ie like the Dutch or Danish RFs (who have kind of a regular shoot at the same place every year), especially when thinking of these horrible pictures in the Diana days when photographers were all over the place.

But I do think that they have to be more visible as a family in the UK, ie do regular shoots.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Courtier

Catherine finally gets to go skiing after a four-year drought. I bet she really missed it as the Middleton family seems like ski fanatics.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Wow, Charlotte looks completely like her father.
I don't understand the critizism about not posing for lots of photographers ie like the Dutch or Danish RFs (who have kind of a regular shoot at the same place every year), especially when thinking of these horrible pictures in the Diana days when photographers were all over the place.

But I do think that they have to be more visible as a family in the UK, ie do regular shoots.
I prefer one photographer and good pictures than lots of photographers and lots of pictures where all royals look in different directions
Old 03-07-2016, 02:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Harry was able to holiday in France earlier this month without being spotted. Sometimes you just get lucky
I think it's interesting that both Harry and the Cambridges chose France over renting out Uncle Andrew's Verbier chalet. Last month the Wessex family chose St. Moritz over the York chalet, too.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

The photos are fun and very nice. The media can get all upset if they want, but I think that it was nice of the Cambridges to release the photos, even if it was after they returned. They didn't have to do that at all. They could have gone on vacation and no one would have been the wiser. And the children are just plain adorable!
Old 03-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think the whole thing was beautifully done. They didn't have to deal with a great deal of photographers...just one they agreed on. The kids really looked happy too. Can't be easy to get babies to smile, and Charlotte just showed the two teeth she's got.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS