The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-16-2015, 11:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
British Royals ‏@britishroyals 4h4 hours ago
#OnThisDay 5 years ago, Prince William announced his engagement to Kate Middleton. Time flies!
And in that time, they married, acquired two residences (KP and Anmer), as well as two children, and seem well on their way to establishing their royal/private routine. Well done!

Old 11-20-2015, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

That would be too cute

Emily Nash @emynash
The #DuchessofCambridge said she wants to sign #PrinceGeorge up for @UKScouting and #PrincessCharlotte up for the Rainbows group for kids

Old 11-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

William describing George & Charlotte-
#teamgordons

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-20-2015, 10:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
#teamgordons
Very cute.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

George is probably another young William, lol. I can imagine their house is very lively.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-21-2015, 12:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
#teamgordons
That second Gif (with the 'George?' subtitle) is a moment when Diana just jumps out! William does not look like Diana at all imo, but in that head movement he made there, with the look in his eyes, I could see a Diana-resemblance pop out.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
That second Gif (with the 'George?' subtitle) is a moment when Diana just jumps out! William does not look like Diana at all imo, but in that head movement he made there, with the look in his eyes, I could see a Diana-resemblance pop out.
Every time I see William and Harry, I see Diana. William has a lot of her mannerisms, IMO. She's not totally gone.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-21-2015, 11:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
#teamgordons
Hahah, that's amazing! Sounds like George is still on full steam forward :P
Old 11-21-2015, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Every time I see William and Harry, I see Diana. William has a lot of her mannerisms, IMO. She's not totally gone.
His facial expressions are nearly identical to his mother's IMO but his gestures remind me more of Charles.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
His facial expressions are nearly identical to his mother's IMO but his gestures remind me more of Charles.
I agree. I am now seeing it, especially with the sometimes pursing (and skewing) of the lips, a very Diana 'face'.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The excitement of a visit from Father Christmas is all-consuming for every toddler... even one who’s third in line to the Throne.

‘George will be bouncing around like a rabbit,’ his father Prince William has revealed in a rare personal interview. ‘If I get any sleep on Christmas Eve it’ll be good!’

The Duke of Cambridge explained that George would be ‘extremely bouncy because he’s suddenly worked out what Christmas is all about’.

He added: ‘So that will be two children, one who suddenly appreciates Christmas, which could be quite challenging. But I’m looking forward to it.’

William made his comments to 24-year-old trainee journalist Sophia Kichou, who landed the big interview thanks to a promise the Prince made to her four years ago – when she was homeless.

On his 2011 visit to the Centrepoint charity, Ms Kichou told him she wanted to be a journalist and William encouraged her, telling her that if she achieved her dream he would give her an interview... and now that day has come.

‘So, you’re to Paxman me?’ he jokingly asked Ms Kichou when they met at his Kensington Palace home.

During their conversation, to be published tomorrow in The Big Issue magazine sold by homeless people, William let his guard down about fatherhood and his new job with the East Anglian air ambulance.
Read more: Prince George has 'suddenly worked out what Christmas is all about' | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-06-2015, 06:20 AM
Nobility

My opinion of William has grown. He made a promise and kept it. His actions would have just confirmed that all her hardwork was worth it.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:34 AM
Courtier

Ah, good old Katie Nicholl. The mistress of fiction. About six months ago, she wrote that the Cambridges would be going to Mustique in November. November has come and gone and yet the Cambridges remain in the UK.

Then again she also wrote that Pippa and Nico got engaged in India, in December 2013. Maybe this fake wedding was held in Mustique this November, how rude of the Cambridges to skip it.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

That is probably the most accurate Kate Nichols article ever. The quotes are from the interview for The Big Issue, a magazine that homeless people sell for money. The rabbit quote was already posted on Twitter by them. The issue is out on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-06-2015, 09:55 AM
Courtier

Her only accurate articles are when she swipes quotes/info from other publications.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
My opinion of William has grown. He made a promise and kept it. His actions would have just confirmed that all her hardwork was worth it.
I agree, it's very great. And it doesn't sound like it's just a snippet either. It sounds like he gave a full interview :)
Old 12-06-2015, 10:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm looking to the full interview, but I wish he and Catherine would give a joint interview. They haven't done so since they announced their engagement.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Another success story for Centrepointe because of William's involvement! I am really looking forward to reading Ms. Kichou's article and just wish I was nearby to actually buy an issue. Not because its William being interviewed but because of what this article represents to me.

This is a prime example of a patron going above and beyond what is expected of him. Centrepointe has always been near and dear to William's heart even when his mother was alive and was taking him there herself. He gets to know the people and knows what they're all about and does what he can to ensure they get whatever it is that they need whether it be an experience in Africa, encouraging careers or sometimes a much needed hug.

I am willing to bet my last jelly toast that this will be different than most interviews that William is giving. It will be all about William the dad and William the pilot for emergency services. Areas that William most times only gives the mainstream media little snippets about. Most journalist out there would give anything to land an exclusive interview with the future king but Sophia landed hers four years ago and has worked diligently to achieve her goal which in part is due to a promise that William made.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

This sounds like a great interview and I'm so glad William kept his promise to this young woman.

I hope the story is widely picked up and she makes a nice fee on re-print rights.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Brings tears to my eyes, bravo william