General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

Before saying anything else...I've been having a wretched week w/what's going on w/me medical wise and in dire need of a pick me up.

Talk about a pick me up. Nice to have something to smile over and these w/out a doubt make you do that. :)

Great pics! Charlotte is looking more like George in that one.

LaRae

I know!! The resemblance is just unreal in that one of her and her Daddy. :D

As some of us here suspected the Cambridge's chose a ski holiday this year instead in Mustique. They must have flown using a private jet (possibly from the duke of westminster) to go completely uncover otherwise there would have been some rumours the last few days but it has been quiet.
Nice that they got to enjoy a holiday in the french alps without being hassled by the paps

Yes, yes and YES!! Lovely to see these and know they had a wonderful stress free Introduce The Little Ones To Snow holiday. Most importantly IMO, seeing George and George relaxed and at ease, instead of frightened and tense due to a horde of screaming Paps.

It's important to remember, photos like this are released for the public to enjoy.

It's not about giving newspapers an exclusive or giving work to photographers.

Good Morning Britain, Sky News and the BBC had coverage and the photos have been all over the internet. Anyone who wants to see the photos can see them.

It's a fact of life you're not going to please everyone

Precisely, we can enjoy these photos, or those of us who refuse to look at photos taken by stalking swamp critters can enjoy these photos w/out feeling like needing to take a shower after.

And yes, I know there were pics of that kind posted recently somewhere on the Cambridge part of the Forum. Sadly, no choice but to see the first one and then page down once it was obvious these were Pap pics.

The photos are fun and very nice. The media can get all upset if they want, but I think that it was nice of the Cambridges to release the photos, even if it was after they returned. They didn't have to do that at all. They could have gone on vacation and no one would have been the wiser. And the children are just plain adorable!

Exactly!! They could have simply gone and not said a thing. Instead, they did and we get these lovely photos.

I love these photos and it's great that William and Catherine released several shots and not just one or two.

The system works well for them and, in turn, for us because we get to see some of the most relaxed, happy and intimate photos we've seen in ages and great quality ones at that. We certainly don't need a barrage of photographers snapping away and shouting and calling to turn round this way or that!

Yes indeed, w/releasing several pictures instead of just one. I'm just wondering one thing now...

Did they make a Snowman and was the question asked or sung... :D ;)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I really like the way things were done. One photographer was selected to take pictures and they were released after the trip. W&K send a very clear message that their private time is just that and they expect their privacy to be honored but they also shared some wonderful photos that were taken as a family with us. It tells me that if the media gets upset at being "snubbed", its because they look at the Cambridges as a commodity rather than a young family. It looks like it was a wonderful family getaway and the kids are just too cute. Charlotte does look a lot like her dad and is a happy baby.

Someone mentioned tennis shoes and I think the reason for this is that the pictures were probably taken outside not far from where they stayed. The boots that they probably did put on while there had skis attached to them.

"Did they make a Snowman and was the question asked or sung... "

Don't ask me why but the first song that popped into my head was "Grandma got runned over by a reindeer".

Last edited:
More details are coming out.

The family were at Courchevel and were spotted at lunch at one of the restaurants.

(Locals/tourists seem to have also taken photos of them at lunch.)

I can't think they were that worried about their privacy if they were happy to just muck in with everyone else for a meal.

I'm suprised that word of this trip didn't come out until it was over - if people were about and recognised them.

Last edited:
And the DM published that information about the location, thus ensuring that the next time they go to Courchevel, there'll be people phoning up reporters to cash in.

And somehow RebEng thought it "bizarre" that KP would want to keep the location secret. Yes, it's completely inexplicable that a couple might want to keep secret a place they were able to go without press intrusion, and even more inexplicable that they didn't trust the press with the info beforehand. After all, the press have demonstrated today that they have an excellent respect for limits. There's not chance at all that they, or the paps, would have utterly invaded the vacation if they'd known about it in advance.

I'm reminded of nothing so much as the classic garden exchange in Pride & Prejudice:

``Miss Bennet, do you know who I am? I have not been accustomed to such language as this. I am almost the nearest relation he has in the world, and am entitled to know all his dearest concerns.''

``But you are not entitled to know mine; nor will such behaviour as this, ever induce me to be explicit.''

I'm reminded of nothing so much as the classic garden exchange in Pride & Prejudice:

That quote has to be the most classic comeuppance of all times and totally fits into what is happening with W&K and their line in the sand regarding family privacy.

It reminded me that my copy of P&P was way overdue to be replaced. I also found the sequel Pemberley (by another author). :D

The new pictures are absolutely lovely. Both children look so happy in the snow and I love their hats. The whole family looks relaxed and I think having one photographer taking pictures instead of a whole troupe of them helps capture a more candid series of photos. The children are not appearing overwhelmed, which is the most important thing, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

And it slowly introduces them to the fact that they will be dealing with this type of situation for the rest of their lives. Other royal families do a mix of large photocalls and sessions with just one photographer, so it seems to be a popular choice among their royal peers who have children.

Slow intro is a smart move...remember when William brought George to the hospital and he saw all the photographers and people ...he was pretty scared. This one on one (so to speak) will be a more comfortable setting for the kids.

LaRae

I think it's interesting that both Harry and the Cambridges chose France over renting out Uncle Andrew's Verbier chalet. Last month the Wessex family chose St. Moritz over the York chalet, too.

I think it is actually smart not surprising/interesting. Its March. The paps were going to be all over. The Cambridges were sure to go on a holiday, and Harry likely too. For the Cambridges it was a question sun or snow?? Mustique or Verbier? The press would have had people ready to pounce at either location. Why were they able to avoid press.

1. taking a private flight supplied likely by a friend like the Duke of Westminster or Branson
2. going some where unexpected. Going to a French ski resort instead of their usual Verbier. The couple has no history of going there, there was no reason to think they would.

Harry likely followed the same route.

From what I see the Wessexes ended up in St. Moritz because of a social event more when any other reason.

I think it is actually smart not surprising/interesting. Its March. The paps were going to be all over. The Cambridges were sure to go on a holiday, and Harry likely too. For the Cambridges it was a question sun or snow?? Mustique or Verbier? The press would have had people ready to pounce at either location. Why were they able to avoid press.

1. taking a private flight supplied likely by a friend like the Duke of Westminster or Branson
2. going some where unexpected. Going to a French ski resort instead of their usual Verbier. The couple has no history of going there, there was no reason to think they would.

Harry likely followed the same route.

From what I see the Wessexes ended up in St. Moritz because of a social event more when any other reason.

Duke of Westminster is way more likely than Branson. The Cambridges don't really hang with the Bransons. More of a thing for Harry and York girls. Duke of Westminster plane was used for their honeymoon and to take baby George to Scotland. The Duchess is William's godmother and their son is George's godfather. Way closer to Cambridges then the Bransons are.

William and Kate went skiing with the Middletons in the French Alps in 2012 after William came back from Falklands. However if they took a private jet, that probably took them of the paps radar for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I loved the pictures, sweet and natural IMO. Looks like any family posing for pictures on holiday without being staged.

I like the idea they kept this holiday private. I think once they start inviting the press, then it would become an annual thing to do so and the press would not stay away even if it was agreed for the one day session. It would be nice to know where they choose specifically to go. I dont care about who paid for the trip, private or commercial flight etc. It was a private holiday so such details aren't our concern.

Verbier is not a private place. It's more of a luxury, royal hang out place.

Last edited:
Duke of Westminster is way more likely than Branson. The Cambridges don't really hang with the Bransons. More of a thing for Harry and York girls. Duke of Westminster plane was used for their honeymoon and to take baby George to Scotland. The Duchess is William's godmother and their son is George's godfather. Way closer to Cambridges then the Bransons are.

William and Kate went skiing with the Middletons in the French Alps in 2012 after William came back from Falklands. However if they took a private jet, that probably took them of the paps radar for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

They are friends with the Bransons as well. I recall Holly being at her hen party. The point being they have more than one source of private jets.

Yes, they went skiing in 2012, but in Marivel. This is a new location (many places in the French Alps to ski). Verbier would have been the obvious place for the media to look so the obvious place to avoid. The royals have a long history there.

I am sure there are other luxury ski resorts they can go to. Not like DM ruined holidays forever.

And people wonder why the Dutch and Spaniards to the photo ops. They do it because they know the paps will bug them either way. So they give a few shots one day and get left alone to enjoy their holidays. Instead of trying to sneak around which simply makes it a game in the eyes of the paps.

DM print cutting Wills off again (they did the same with the picture in the garden).
Its all about Kate and the kids.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cc-l6MyWIAAiBhc.jpg

revealing the location
Kate Middleton and Prince William's 'top secret' skiing holiday revealed | Daily Mail Online

Perhaps the press have again chosen to send Prince William a subtle message Duke of Marmalade - William doesn't like the press, but it's not him the press are really interested in.

I looked up the Wiki page for Courchevel and it's not the first time the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have skied there. Catherine's family joined them back in 2010.

A celebrity hot spot with many world famous visitors.

This 2016 photo session took all of five minutes apparently.

Last edited:
They are friends with the Bransons as well. I recall Holly being at her hen party. The point being they have more than one source of private jets.

There was no official list of who attended Catherine’s hen party. The tabloid press just speculated at the people who might of been there. They guessed Princess Beatrice as well, which I find hard to believe. Then again, they also guessed Beatrice would be Charlotte’s godmother. :lol: The press continue to refer to Sam Branson as a 'good friend' of William, when they appear to be acquaintances at best. The press was also certain that the Cambridges would go to Necker Island for their honeymoon. Oops! :ROFLMAO:

I think the bigger indication is to look at Holly’s hen party which Catherine did not attend. Neither William or Catherine attended her engagement party or her wedding,either. They didn’t go to either of Sam Branson’s wedding celebrations.

And while William has vacationed on The Duke of Westminster ’s properties for hunting trips in recent years, and has used the Mustique home of Middleton family friends, I don’t believe he’s been to Necker since he was a boy with Diana.

I believe Skippyboo was right when she said Harry and the Yorks are close to the Bransons, while William is close to the Westminsters.

Last edited:
DM print cutting Wills off again (they did the same with the picture in the garden).
Its all about Kate and the kids.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cc-l6MyWIAAiBhc.jpg

revealing the location
Kate Middleton and Prince William's 'top secret' skiing holiday revealed | Daily Mail Online

I find it so silly the press do things like that. It's a family vacation, so show the whole family on vacation. I don't know if the press do this to any of the European royal families when on vacation. Anyone know if they do?

I find it so silly the press do things like that. It's a family vacation, so show the whole family on vacation. I don't know if the press do this to any of the European royal families when on vacation. Anyone know if they do?

The British press is incredibly shallow, and only cares about cute kids, and attractive young adults. Catherine and the kids make them money. William does not. It’s like when Charles and Camilla met George and Laura Bush, a press photog whined that the photos were worthless because they were just “four wrinkles".

Many front pages did use the entire family. The Express, The Telegraph and The Times for example.

But the tabloid press only cares about making money and royal babies and toddlers are a gold mine.

What is reallyyyy killing the tabloids is W&C were able to have a nice quiet family holiday without the papers finding out until after the fact. I love seeing them rant and rave

Last edited:
I think it's a good move from them. Been reading many people asking them to be more like other European royals who are very generous in photos showing, especially the Swedes. I love the pictures, this set is the most candid and intimate in nature than their previous photos. The kids are just precious. Charlotte is a total Windsor!

Robert Jobson was on the BBC today and he defended William and Catherine. He said in the 'old days' when he worked for the Sun, the photo calls were never official.

He said reporters and photographers would just show up at ski resorts and basically pressure the British royals into giving up photos but he said they were never invited along by the royals. He said the only reason they knew about it was because the royals went to the same places at the same time year after year.

He went on to say the reason the newspaper got ticked off this time was because the Cambridges were able to slip away for a few days and the tabloids were non the wiser.

He also said the same tabloids complaining about this now will be sucking up to the Cambridges when they tour India later this spring.

Just part of the on going back and forth between the BRF and the tabloid press

Last edited:
Love the pics, especially the family one and the ones of W&C playing.

The media will never be happy. It was a private vacation and the family looks very relaxed in the pics.

The problems with a photocall where you invite the media is that they never leave when they should and there is little privacy for the royals for the rest of their vacation. They want more "behind the scenes" pics not the "staged" ones at the photocalls. Look at previous occasions when the royals invited the press for a large photocall, they stay e.g the Easter pics on Australia.

So nothing makes them happy, they always want more.

The Duke and Duchess flew in the Duke of Westminster's plane - a Cessna "Citation" valued at five-million pounds.

Courchevel has it's own airstrip on the slopes - very handy.

The restaurant reported earlier has been identified as "Le Pilatus", with Sunday, (or possibly Saturday), being the day they were spotted for lunch. A "Mother's Day" get away for the Duchess?

William and Catherine were in a small group of four or five others.

Reports say they arrived Wednesday and the photo session was held on Thursday morning, taking only five or ten minutes.

The "Daily Mail/Mail Online" is asking readers to contact them with photos and any information on where they stayed at Courchevel.

Last edited:
The Duke and Duchess flew in the Duke of Westminster's plane - a Cessna "Citation" valued at five-million pounds.

Courchevel has it's own airstrip on the slopes - very handy.

The restaurant reported earlier has been identified as "Le Pilatus", with Sunday, (or possibly Saturday), being the day they were spotted for lunch. A "Mother's Day" get away for the Duchess?

William and Catherine were in a small group of four or five others.

The "Daily Mail/Mail Online" is asking readers to contact them with photos and any information on where they stayed at Courchevel.

Prince William and Kate Middleton borrowed Duke of Westminster's jet for Alps ski break | Daily Mail Online

The Middleton family and William have been to Courchevel before - it was not a new destination for the couple and when it was released as the French Alps it was one the obvious choices of resorts that first came to mind. The "Three Valleys" region has been a choice of the couple the last time or 2 they went on ski holidays - from memory they used Meribel as their base.
As many have mentioned Courcheval has an airport (which apparently is ranked as one of the most dangerous landing strips in the world and the pilots have to be specially certified for the steep valley approach) and is ideal for the private plane of the Westminsters to land and for the couple to quietly get away to the accommodation. I would imagine that they rented a chalet that was quite private again for them to remain discreet throughout this trip.

Last edited:
Kate Middleton and Prince William spent ski holiday in Courchevel

this report has some more information on where the pictures have been taken as the gates of a chalet are very distinctive and have been recognised as the £70 million Chalet Lalisa (situated in a very exclusive part of Courchevel) owned by a french born Saudi Arabian business man. KP have denied the couple stayed in this chalet though

I have a feeling the sarcasm in this article would go right over the head of Richard Palmer and Rebecca English. They would read it as a cosign.

I have a feeling the sarcasm in this article would go right over the head of Richard Palmer and Rebecca English. They would read it as a cosign.

I'm really not that surprised that the media is stewing in their juices over being given the slip on this winter getaway. They're fuming, they're stirring the pot and pretty soon its going to be soups on and we'll all have a nice bowl of winter soup.

The Cambridges are doing a pretty good job I think of setting the rules on what they will and what they will not tolerate when it comes to their family. They have to in order to preserve their sanity.

Well done to the Cambridge's team, May they have many more opportunities to give the horrid Daily Mail the slip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom