The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-24-2015, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Pupils at a West Pinchbeck Primary School had a right royal surprise when they received a postcard from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge thanking them for the letters they wrote wishing the couple luck with the christening of Princess Charlotte.
Read more: West Pinchbeck pupils get surprise royal thank you - Spalding Guardian

Old 10-24-2015, 12:02 PM
Serene Highness

Kate and George ..some mummy and me time

https://twitter.com/royalevision/sta...07765504012288

Old 10-24-2015, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

The NHM is right by KP and Kate is its Royal Patron. They could have went in the morning before it opened since there weren't people tweeting about people seeing them there in real time.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-24-2015, 12:26 PM
Royal Highness

I think it's really nice that they take George out to museums and christmas parks and farm parks etc :) Glad that he (and later Charlotte) is able to experience that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The NHM is right by KP and Kate is its Royal Patron. They could have went in the morning before it opened since there weren't people tweeting about people seeing them there in real time.

Appearantly it was during normal hours:

Shawn Mendes ‏@ShawnInLondon
My friends saw KATE MIDDLETON AND GEORGE AND MET ED SHEERAN on their trip to the natural history museum today

@MelanieJousse @MiddletonMaven I KNOW how is that even possible on a casual school trip��

@MiddletonMaven I didn't see them�� but my friends took pics of Kate and George but were asked to delete them��
Old 10-24-2015, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

Is that Shawn Mendes the singer guy from the Stitches song? It seems possible from looking at the Twitter account.That tweet makes it seem like Kate and George were touring the NHM with Ed Sheeran. Kate has a connection to Ed's mom thru EACH. Harry might get upset if George starts hanging out w another ginger instead of him 😉

Old 10-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What I found interesting and also very well done is those the took pictures with their cell phones were asked nicely to delete them. So far I've seen no pictures that have hit the media anywhere.

What I'm wondering now if the trip to the museum has anything to do with what all little boys seem to have in common. A big love for dinosaurs. George may have come across dinosaurs in movies or books and Mummy took him to see how big they actually really were. I've seen where Pixar is releasing a movie with a very cute dinosaur in it called "The Good Dinosaur" in November.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-24-2015, 02:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Is that Shawn Mendes the singer guy from the Stitches song? It seems possible from looking at the Twitter account.That tweet makes it seem like Kate and George were touring the NHM with Ed Sheeran. Kate has a connection to Ed's mom thru EACH. Harry might get upset if George starts hanging out w another ginger instead of him 😉

Haha, I have no clue. I thought it was wierd that both Kate and Ed Sheeran happened to be there at the same time since they're both involved with EACH. Maybe they were there for talks about an EACH event and she took the oppurtunity to take George there? haha
Old 10-24-2015, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I doubt it was a random occurrence that Ed Sheeran and Kate with George were at the NHM at the same time although it possible.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:33 PM
Majesty

Aren't the NHM and the NPG two totally different places? The National History Museum and the National Portrait Gallery?
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-24-2015, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^ You're right. Still seems odd they were both there at the same time unless it was planned.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Aren't the NHM and the NPG two totally different places? The National History Museum and the National Portrait Gallery?

Yes 2 totally different places. The Natural History Museum is right by KP. The National Portrait Gallery is over in Trafalgar Square area right by the National Art Museum. George is probably too young for the NPG plus is it lacking the dinosaurs that the NHM has.

Old 10-24-2015, 05:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I'm confused... When did the NPG come up in this discussion?
Old 10-24-2015, 05:18 PM
Commoner

I imagine it's all about dinosaurs for George. One of my granddaughters, age 2, is allowed to watch one TV show a day. She always chooses Dinosaur Train. It's a huge favorite with little ones. As a retired school librarian, I observed that most of the dinosaur books were checked out all the time. Museums are wonderful places, even for toddlers.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I'm confused... When did the NPG come up in this discussion?
I believe it was a query into a post where the NPG was mentioned. The post has since been edited.
― John Lennon
Old 10-24-2015, 06:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I believe it was a query into a post where the NPG was mentioned. The post has since been edited.
thanks for clarifying - makes perfect sense. just thought I missed something
Old 10-25-2015, 12:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

University Reunion for the Cambridge's? Scroll Down-
Dan Macmillan’s girlfriend Daisy Boyd fails to keep her hands off him | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-26-2015, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
Kate and George ..some mummy and me time

https://twitter.com/royalevision/sta...07765504012288
somebody took a picture at the museum

Tamara si z londýnskeho múzea odniesla nečakaný zážitok: Ocitla sa len pár metrov od Kate a princa Georgea!
Old 10-26-2015, 11:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
god, I can't imagine being so without manners that you take photos of a child without his parents knowledge. Absolutely disgusting. It's one thing if this was an official visit. But this is a mother with her child visiting a museum. That he will one day be King means nothing. He's just a two year old.

I hate paparazzi photos, but I also can't stand regular people take photos like this.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Its not a picture of a child without parents knowledge, Kate is with George and she will have anticipated people taking pictures. I don't think William & Kate are bothered by this, the NHM is superbusy, lots of people, usually you have to queue up to get inside. I would have been surprised if nobody had taken a picture when Kate is walking by, with all these smartphones on hand. You cannot expect people NOT to take a picture and I don't think Kate & William do.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Its not a picture of a child without parents knowledge, Kate is with George and she will have anticipated people taking pictures. I don't think William & Kate are bothered by this, the NHM is superbusy, lots of people, usually you have to queue up to get inside. I would have been surprised if nobody had taken a picture when Kate is walking by, with all these smartphones on hand. You cannot expect people NOT to take a picture and I don't think Kate & William do.
Sorry, I meant consent, not knowledge.

And I'm sorry, but it's such a gross attitude to have. He is a child. He cannot consent to this life he lives. He's 2! It's one thing to take a photo of Kate, it's another to do it of George.

I just don't like it.