General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a operational note sent out to the correspondents that they published the information. The trip to Dundee was mentioned plus a trip to North Wales. They aren't doing an overseas tour in the fall. These visits are going to be similar to when they went to Glasgow for two days. Multiple engagements in around a city.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

CHILDREN at a North Bersted pre-school were delighted to receive a royal reply after they made a card for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Dizzy Ducklings Pre-School, based at North Bersted Community Centre, in Lakeland Avenue, had sent a beautiful handmade card to congratulate the royal couple on the birth of Princess Charlotte.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge replied two weeks ago with a picture card thanking the children for the card and sending their warmest thanks and best wishes.
Read more: Royal good wishes sent to North Bersted pre-school - West Sussex Gazette

Kate & Pippa Style @MiddletonMaven
The Duke & #DuchessofCambridge to host media at KP tonight, drinks with the Cambridge's. George and Charlotte will be there too.

Does it mean they will release some photos of the children? Or will it be a private reception with no pics at all? IIRC, they did the same aftersome months that George was born too...

They had a media meet and greet at KP before the Aus NZ tour and brought baby George. They also did these informal press meetings on the S Pacific and Canadian tours.

It's all off the record so don't expect pictures from tonight

The only info we got from the press meet and greet with baby George was Emily Nash described his outfit and hair color. She also said he drooled all over the place. There was no pictures.

Last edited:
At the most there might be some tweets with no real info afterwards.

That sounds like an important step in rebuilding a decent relationship with the press. Maybe some of the passive aggressive negative stories will stop.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2h2 hours ago
I think I'm going to 'take the fifth' on questions that have been asked this afternoon re KP and journalists. Sorry. ������

I think I'm going to 'take the fifth' on questions that have been asked this afternoon re KP and journalists. Sorry. ������

Why? The meeting is private, no pictures, I get that. But can't we at least know in a general way what it was about? Maybe I don't get it...

Why? The meeting is private, no pictures, I get that. But can't we at least know in a general way what it was about? Maybe I don't get it...

Maybe because he enjoys attention and Mr Palmer wants everyone to beg him to spill the details so he can feel full of self-importance?

Oh Richard!.... referencing the 5th amendment to the US Constitution! Could be worse though, he could be drinking the fifth. ;) :cheers:

But seriously folks, it might be best if the journalists all keep things to themselves as far as this meet and greet goes if that is what they are asked by the Cambridges to do. I think its kind of nice that the Cambridges have taken the time to arrange something like this while they're in London.

Maybe because he enjoys attention and Mr Palmer wants everyone to beg him to spill the details so he can feel full of self-importance?

My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Did you guys see the conversation between Tanna and Richard ??

Niraj Tanna ‏@IkonPictures
@royalreporter They won! KP eventually gagged you Ricardo.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
@IkonPictures Not at all!

@royalreporter Spill the beans old boy.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
@IkonPictures I'd have to kill you if I did.

@royalreporter William would be happy. He'd probably give you Migs job!

KP is a trio, not just W&K but Harry and these media 'meet and greets' have happened before.

As other posters have pointed out its just Richard being his attention seeking self. No other reporter continually goes on like this.

Swimming instructor Benjamin Roberts has had the Royal seal of approval for his book after sending a copy to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to celebrate Prince George’s second birthday.

Teacher Ben, who works at St Cenydd Comprehensive School in Caerphilly, wrote Learn To Swim, which contains his expert tips on teaching children how to swim confidently.

As his son Oscar is the same age as Prince George; Ben, who is originally from Ton Pentre but now lives in Llanharry, thought it would make a nice birthday gift to the future King.
Read more: Royal seal of approval for swimming instructor after he sends a copy of his book for Prince George - Wales Online

Last edited by a moderator:

One of my favorite royal-watcher moments was when The Huffington Post wrote an article about one of Palmer's Twitter meltdowns/attention-seeking ploys. After he read the article, his Twitter page was proverbially foaming at the mouth. :veryevil:

He can dish it but he can't take it.

The NHM is right by KP and Kate is its Royal Patron. They could have went in the morning before it opened since there weren't people tweeting about people seeing them there in real time.

I think it's really nice that they take George out to museums and christmas parks and farm parks etc :) Glad that he (and later Charlotte) is able to experience that!

The NHM is right by KP and Kate is its Royal Patron. They could have went in the morning before it opened since there weren't people tweeting about people seeing them there in real time.

Appearantly it was during normal hours:

Shawn Mendes ‏@ShawnInLondon
My friends saw KATE MIDDLETON AND GEORGE AND MET ED SHEERAN on their trip to the natural history museum today

@MelanieJousse @MiddletonMaven I KNOW how is that even possible on a casual school trip��

@MiddletonMaven I didn't see them�� but my friends took pics of Kate and George but were asked to delete them��

Last edited by a moderator:
General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

Is that Shawn Mendes the singer guy from the Stitches song? It seems possible from looking at the Twitter account.That tweet makes it seem like Kate and George were touring the NHM with Ed Sheeran. Kate has a connection to Ed's mom thru EACH. Harry might get upset if George starts hanging out w another ginger instead of him ?

What I found interesting and also very well done is those the took pictures with their cell phones were asked nicely to delete them. So far I've seen no pictures that have hit the media anywhere.

What I'm wondering now if the trip to the museum has anything to do with what all little boys seem to have in common. A big love for dinosaurs. George may have come across dinosaurs in movies or books and Mummy took him to see how big they actually really were. I've seen where Pixar is releasing a movie with a very cute dinosaur in it called "The Good Dinosaur" in November.

Is that Shawn Mendes the singer guy from the Stitches song? It seems possible from looking at the Twitter account.That tweet makes it seem like Kate and George were touring the NHM with Ed Sheeran. Kate has a connection to Ed's mom thru EACH. Harry might get upset if George starts hanging out w another ginger instead of him ?

Haha, I have no clue. I thought it was wierd that both Kate and Ed Sheeran happened to be there at the same time since they're both involved with EACH. Maybe they were there for talks about an EACH event and she took the oppurtunity to take George there? haha

I doubt it was a random occurrence that Ed Sheeran and Kate with George were at the NHM at the same time although it possible.

Last edited:
Aren't the NHM and the NPG two totally different places? The National History Museum and the National Portrait Gallery?

^^^ You're right. Still seems odd they were both there at the same time unless it was planned.

Last edited:
Aren't the NHM and the NPG two totally different places? The National History Museum and the National Portrait Gallery?

Yes 2 totally different places. The Natural History Museum is right by KP. The National Portrait Gallery is over in Trafalgar Square area right by the National Art Museum. George is probably too young for the NPG plus is it lacking the dinosaurs that the NHM has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom