General News for the Duke of Cambridge 1: April 2012-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William & Catherine are pretty much in the process in stepping up their participation in the "Firm" as senior royals. That's not something anyone will have to worry about. The Queen will be turning 90 next year and Prince Philip is in his mid 90's. They know what time it is.

As for the future of The Prince's Trust, I firmly believe Charles will remain very active in his Trust. The Cambridge's and Prince Harry may very well help out, but I think the whole trust will turn into The King's Trust.

The DM asserts that there have been discussions about William taking over the Princes Trust but William has said 'he'd rather not' as he wants to lead a normal life for as long as possible.

Prince Charles increasingly takes on duties from the Queen, but will Prince William do his duty? | Daily Mail Online

another misleading headline from the DM.... reading the article (whether that is true or not) - William's comment was that he wants to focus on building his own trust with K&H

to quote the article:
William has said that he has been asked to take on the trust, but he has mixed feelings about it,’ a source said. ‘He has his own charitable foundation and he wants to make his own mark. If he takes on his father’s legacy, then it means he can’t create his own. William is very definite about wanting to do his own thing.

that is NOT the same thing as the headline: 'he'd rather not' as he wants to lead a normal life for as long as possible

I'm sure there are many transition discussions going on- the Royals are very good planners.... but this is just one more of the DM's inflammatory headlines/ stories.

The way a head group still meets does it not? I doubt, just because it has such a strong profile and professional branding as The Prince's Trust that The Trust will change its name but that is just my opinion. Its The Fail, we read it, we discuss it but we don't take it as Gospel.

I think it is all very confusing and messy... I believe a lot will be gone after Her Majesty passes away. And I'm afraid that "lot" will be good things.

Prince William’s boss has pleaded with the public to stop sending messages to his place of work.

Prince William has been employed by East Anglian Air Ambulance since July.

Writing in the charity’s newsletter, Patrick Peal, the company’s CEO, says: "A number of our supporters have already been in touch with us asking if we can pass on messages to The Duke of Cambridge.

"Unfortunately we are unable to do this through any of our charity staff or offices and respectfully ask that such requests are not put to our staff please."
Read more: Prince William's employers drowned in fan mail since hiring royal - HR Grapevine

He played a bad guy in the 2014 hit Maze Runner, but in real life actor Will Poulter is helping to fight bullies – and he has a powerful ally on his side: Prince William.

Poulter, 22, met with William during an anti-bullying workshop at Hammersmith Academy in west London on Monday. A proud ambassador of the day's organizers, the Diana Award, since 2011, Poulter tweeted about the "amazing vibes and positive energy" during William's visit.

Prince William "seems genuinely invested in wanting to cause a change to the way in which we approach bullying at our schools and ensure schools are a happy and safe place for people to be," Poulter tells PEOPLE.
Read more: Will Poulter Praises Prince William for Making Schools 'Safe' from Bullies : People.com

Prince William was one of the air ambulance crew members called to St Albans yesterday after an ambulance and car collided.

The helicopter pilot joined the East Anglian Air Ambulance as they responded to the incident on Watford Road at around 10am.

One person is in a critical condition and three others were injured in the collision involving a car and an ambulance responding to an emergency call.

No patient was on board at the time but two ambulance staff and two members of the public were taken to hospital.

Students from West Herts College were on a field trip with lecturer Jirapa Harding when they spotted the future King in Cassiobury Park.
Read more: Prince William lands air ambulance in Watford (From Watford Observer)

Prince William has been pictured during an air ambulance rescue mission to help a young girl who was hit by a car in Bedfordshire.

The Duke of Cambridge began work as a co-pilot for the East Anglian Air Ambulance in July. He was pictured near the charity's helicopter earlier.

The girl was flown to hospital after being seriously injured when a car ended up on its roof.

Crews were called to Old Road, Leighton Buzzard, at about 15:30 BST.
Pictures: Prince William in Leighton Buzzard air ambulance rescue - BBC News

Prince William pilots air ambulance to Linslade crash - Leighton Buzzard Observer

Last edited:
East Anglian Air Amb ‏@EastAngliAirAmb
@EastAngliAirAmb attended 163 missions in September #togetherwesavelives
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This really highlights the valuable work of East Anglian Air Ambulance. It operates strictly on fundraising and its budget is around £8 million a year.

William was able to bring attention to the already incredible work done by the charity.

I think its a brilliant form of pubic service to combine with his royal engagements.

East Anglian Air Amb ‏@EastAngliAirAmb
@EastAngliAirAmb attended 163 missions in September #togetherwesavelives
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This really highlights the valuable work of East Anglian Air Ambulance. It operates strictly on fundraising and its budget is around £8 million a year.

William was able to bring attention to the already incredible work done by the charity.

I think its a brilliant form of pubic service to combine with his royal engagements.

I like the transparency of what they post on their web page - yet they uphold patient privacy at the request of the patient. I also like it that they shine a light on the medical personnel. Not that the pilots don't deserve credit, but the MDs save/stabilize lives as the pilots do their worthy work. I'm also loving it that they don't mention the Prince. They could. And it would boost followers. But it would also create a circus-like atmosphere, so they have made a wise and safe choice.

It would be bad form I suppose to have William's face splashed all over its website but make no mistake, EAAA is fully aware of what William brings to the table other than his skill as a pilot.

Patrick Peal, chief executive of the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA), welcomed the announcement back in 2014, saying the organisation would benefit both from William's skills as a pilot and from a boost to the charity's profile.

Mr Peal added: "This is really good news for the charity and we're delighted His Highness has decided to fly with us.

‘We are confident this will help raise the profile of the charity and other air ambulance charities in the region and across the UK.

‘We're very fortunate that we currently enjoy tremendous levels of support but fundraising is always a challenge - we're looking to raise £7.5 million a year to continue the lifesaving work - and I'm sure that this will help to raise the profile of the charity.

‘We're looking forward to him being part of the team."

Prince William has topped a list of male role models.

The 33-year-old royal - who is second in line to the British throne - topped a new poll by The Huffington Post UK, getting 25 per cent of the vote.

1,500 men were asked to choose their role model for the Modern Male research.

William - who has children, Prince George, two and six-month-old Princess Charlotte with his wife Duchess Catherine - beat off competition from his friend David Beckham, who got 14 per cent of the vote, US President Barack Obama (nine per cent) and chef Jamie Oliver (four per cent).
Prince William Tops Role Model Poll

Last edited:
The East Anglian Air Ambulance, flown by Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, landed at 10.55am.

Doctor Adam Chesters and paramedic Gary Spitzer treated the man, in his 80s, for head injuries. It is believed he seriously injured his head and was treated for a suspected fractured skull.

The man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, in an ambulance.
Read more: Prince William lands air ambulance in Saffron Walden to help man in 80s - News - Saffron Walden Reporter

Last edited:
:previous:
Thank you for the information on Prince William. I truly admire this young man for his dedication to helping others and using his position for the good of so many. He will make a fabulous king someday!

I find it funny that some people have called William work shy. He had Royal engagements Tues-Fri goes back to Air Ambulance job immediately afterwards. An air ambulance job, he doesn't have to do and is not risk free.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I find it funny that some people have called William work shy. He had Royal engagements Tues-Fri goes back to Air Ambulance job immediately afterwards. An air ambulance job, he doesn't have to do and is not risk free.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree; he's anything but work-shy. He does a great deal, probably more than people expect from him. He goes above and beyond which will make him one heck of a monarch.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

No, William has really stepped up this year for sure.

The grandson of the man treated for head injuries by the East Anglian Air Ambulance on Monday (November 23) has expressed his thanks to the medics and crew.

Mr Bargate said: “I’d like to say thanks to Dr Chesters and CCP Spitzer and all the other ambulance and air ambulance crew, including Prince William, as well as the staff of Waitrose and the kind passer-by who called 999 for my grandad.

“He’s recovering well in hospital and we’re all very grateful for everyone who was there to help.”
Man thanks Prince William and East Anglian Air Ambulance crew for helping grandad in Saffron Walden - News - Saffron Walden Reporter

So very many times, emergencies like what happened to Mr. Bargate's granddad, all the people that get involved and assist in aiding and preserving lives of those that require it, go without thanks and sometimes the patient never even finds out who they were. It is a thankless job most times where the true satisfaction lies in the knowing that one has helped to make a difference.

Many, many personnel will be on duty as we celebrate our holidays (I remember William while at RAF Anglesy and still single, worked the holiday so families could be together). All the more reason to not have too much jog in yer nog and drive, take caution instead of risks and maybe say a silent "thank you" for those that are at the ready should you need them.

Taking into account William's air ambulance pilot job and growing family, William has done an impressive amount of royal work in the past few months IMO, however there was a time when he was doing little royal work and his other pursuits seemed sketchy to some, e.g., going to the Maldives at the same time he was enrolled in an intense 10 week agriculture course.

Taking into account William's air ambulance pilot job and growing family, William has done an impressive amount of royal work in the past few months IMO, however there was a time when he was doing little royal work and his other pursuits seemed sketchy to some, e.g., going to the Maldives at the same time he was enrolled in an intense 10 week agriculture course.

He graduated from the agricultural course and royal work is relative. He does more engagements than either Harry or Kate and the year of his course he did more engagements than this year, about 140.

Right now he's at around 120 official engagements and opinion polls show the public is more than happy with his performance.

OK William did more royal work than his pregnant wife and his military enlisted brother but he did far less than his sexagenarian father, his octogenarian grandmother and nonagenarian grandfather.

His father is Prince of Wales, his grandmother is Head of State and his grandfather is her consort. I'd hope they're doing more than William but I realise you and not everyone on this forum likes William but as I stated he's very popular in the UK and at the end of the day this is what's important to his future.

When I look at photos of William as he goes about doing his royal engagements and read of how he interacts with the people, I have to think that, for the most part, he's enjoying what he is doing. He has a happy balance now of home and family, a rewarding career that means something to him and is getting more and more comfortable with the royal side of his life which will remain with him for the rest of his life and only increase in responsibility.

I think also, perhaps, those sketchy times that the public has observed most likely have paid off in buckets. HM very well could have commanded William into full time royal duties and dismissed William's other interests but wisely allowed William to choose his own path after a period of being not sure of which fork in the road to go on, left him to his own devices to choose for himself. He has certainly found his own balance and is one happy husband, dad, public servant and prince. Priceless.

Back in April when William started flying for EAAA, YouGov asked this question -

Last year Prince William began training for a new job as an air ambulance pilot. Do you think he should continue working as a pilot, or should he concentrate full time upon his Royal duties?

He should concentrate full time upon his Royal duties? 10% agreed.

He should combine his Royal duties with his job as a pilot? 76% agreed.

Don't know? 14%.

----------------------------------------------

Clearly the public wants him working at something other than 'royal duties' full-time

His father is Prince of Wales, his grandmother is Head of State and his grandfather is her consort. I'd hope they're doing more than William but I realise you and not everyone on this forum likes William but as I stated he's very popular in the UK and at the end of the day this is what's important to his future.

Sexagenarian Princess Anne is neither Prince of Wales, monarch nor consort and is several notches below her nephew in the line of succession and her numbers far exceeded her nephew's as well.

Admittedly I am not a William fangirl but when I lurk on other royal related web pages I shake my head at some of the negative comments made about William and his wife, nevertheless I think that he earned the work shy label, I'm not stating that it should be a permanent label and also note that I stated that William has done an impressive amount of royal work in the past few months.

I am more impressed that William has done 120 engagement thus far in 2015 than the 140 he did in 2014 because this year he is balancing his royal work with his EAAA job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom