The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 12-14-2010, 04:27 PM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
The pictures looked re-touched, whether it was a bit or much you could tell.
Here is another article
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 12-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The pictures looked re-touched, whether it was a bit or much you could tell.
Here is another article
The article's title says it like it's the most shocking thing in the world.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 12-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: everywhere, United States
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
The article's title says it like it's the most shocking thing in the world.
I think the issue is the fact that they were retouched too much. Some altering is alright even necessary but they look plastic. That is why the paparazzi pics taken of them at their press conference looked better.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 12-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,105
I could safely say that all picture are re-touched, my family and I have just had some family pictures done for christmas and even they have been re-touched.
They still look human, they still look like Kate and William and they don't look like plastic barbies and kens.
All this talk of re-touching must make Testino feel bad.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 12-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
I think the issue is the fact that they were retouched too much. Some altering is alright even necessary but they look plastic. That is why the paparazzi pics taken of them at their press conference looked better.
I would say the retouched too much all comes down to opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 12-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I could safely say that all picture are re-touched, my family and I have just had some family pictures done for christmas and even they have been re-touched.
They still look human, they still look like Kate and William and they don't look like plastic barbies and kens.
All this talk of re-touching must make Testino feel bad.
I agree, he is (by some) incredibly burnt down over these photos.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 12-14-2010, 05:11 PM
cmbruno's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 436
It is impossible to please everybody. I think they look natural and I liked the photos.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 12-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbruno View Post
It is impossible to please everybody. I think they look natural and I liked the photos.
Absolutely agreed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 12-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: everywhere, United States
Posts: 566
I will agree it is impossible to please everyone. For some who think they look natural there are those who think they could have been better. The glory of the debate. :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 12-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,185
You really can't please everyone. I think the Telegraph had an article criticizing the couple for using Testino..saying that William should have used a photographer who has benefited from the Prince's Trust. While I agree that would have been a good idea and a nice touch but can he do what he wants?
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 12-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Marie of The Sea's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands
Posts: 140
That is odd, isn't it? Given that Charles who is The Prince in the The Prince's Trust uses Testino.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 12-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
You really can't please everyone. I think the Telegraph had an article criticizing the couple for using Testino..saying that William should have used a photographer who has benefited from the Prince's Trust. While I agree that would have been a good idea and a nice touch but can he do what he wants?

Clearly not. I understand that William has to straddle a fine line between wanting to do his own thing and keeping an eye toward tradition and all that jazz, but at the end of the day, this is still the wedding of William Windsor and Catherine Middleton and they should, at least for the most part, have the wedding they want. If that means using Mario Testino (who has photographed many royals, not just the late Diana, Princess of Wales), that's what it means. There's plenty of time for William to patronize people from The Prince's Trust and other foundations when it comes to many, many aspects of his life to come, both public and private.

Weddings are for most people, a once-in-a-lifetime deal. They should be what the couple wants it to be.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 12-15-2010, 10:30 PM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,844
http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20449802

William borrowed his sweater in pic from photographer
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 12-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Princess_Beatrix's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: moved to, Spain
Posts: 756
BEAUTIFUL! I love the pictures. they are such a beautiful couple. i wish there were more then 2 pictures!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 12-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: gardena, United States
Posts: 4
Let's all remember who's really running this show, and that would be the royal, yes PW! Everything in this relationship speaks of him being in the driving seat, the breakups, makeups, length of waiting for proposal, the engagement ring, the photographer, everything--Waitey Katey doesn't know Tesco as the royals do nor do she has any idea of what's expected of her--neither does PW for that matter for they have spent the better part of their relationship hidding from the public, PW w/his schooling and military career and WK being scared to death of being photograph anywhere; why you think it was at 3 mos. before they're were seen in public! None of this has gone the way of tradition and I guess that would be the point!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 12-16-2010, 11:09 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpeaches View Post
Let's all remember who's really running this show, and that would be the royal, yes PW! Everything in this relationship speaks of him being in the driving seat, the breakups, makeups, length of waiting for proposal, the engagement ring, the photographer, everything--Waitey Katey doesn't know Tesco as the royals do nor do she has any idea of what's expected of her--neither does PW for that matter for they have spent the better part of their relationship hidding from the public, PW w/his schooling and military career and WK being scared to death of being photograph anywhere; why you think it was at 3 mos. before they're were seen in public! None of this has gone the way of tradition and I guess that would be the point!
Amongst all the rambling, its difficult to work out the point you are attempting to make.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 12-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rainbowland, United States
Posts: 3
I don't photograph well--I hate my candid pictures. Please, anybody, retouch me!!!

I think any portrait artist will try to flatter their subject, while being true to their real looks. I imagine the artists who painted William's ancestors did a bit of flattery, as well. The retouching doesn't bother me at all.

I love the pictures--so nice to see them look so happy!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 12-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Weddings are for most people, a once-in-a-lifetime deal. They should be what the couple wants it to be.
Amem!
__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 12-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,725
Can we stop calling her Waity Kate/Katie? It was demeaning then, and it's demeaning now.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 12-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Can we stop calling her Waity Kate/Katie? It was demeaning then, and it's demeaning now.
Totally agree her name is Catherine or kate.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cambridge Residences: Kensington Palace & Anmer Hall Zonk British Royal Residences 748 08-18-2014 10:03 PM
Avatars, Magazine Covers and Art for the Cambridge Family Zonk The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 193 07-31-2014 03:31 PM
Fashion Suggestions for the Duchess of Cambridge iceflower Royal Style File 121 07-23-2014 06:19 AM
Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton, 16 November 2010 rob2008 The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 1551 11-17-2013 03:58 PM
Wedding of William and Catherine: suggestions and musings Zonk Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011 5605 04-29-2011 06:00 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman palace pom pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]