Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana and Sarah both did Royal Ascot as fiancees. Diana did a couple of State banquets, a visit and walkabout in Tetbury with Prince Charles which included a hospital visit, at least three official evening engagements (one where she wore a dark blue spangly dress). There was a military Tattoo in July, a visit to a regiment, Wimbledon, a visit to Cheltenham (where the schoolboy kissed her hand), and a tree planting at Broadlands. There were other occasions as well. I tend to remember the outfits but not necessarily what the events were.:)

The time of year that Diana and Sarah got engaged contributed to the few, very few. I think it was 2 or 3 engagements they did. The balcony of Trooping of the Colour, Easter at Windsor. Diana did 2 night time engagements with Charles, the famous black dress one and a red dress engagement, can't remember any for Sarah.

Of course both Diana and Sarah's engagements were announced as the Royal Family were ending their Christmas vacation and so the royal engagement calendar was picking up for the year. Kate and William have announced their engagement as the royals are slowing down for the Christmas and January holiday period so there will be fewer opportunities before the April wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you're right. Diana and Sarah were making many appearances at the height of the social season. I'd like to have the opportunity to see Kate and William do a couple of engagements together before their wedding, but we'll just have to wait and see whether that happens.

Of course both Diana and Sarah's engagements were announced as the Royal Family were ending their Christmas vacation and so the royal engagement calendar was picking up for the year.

Last edited:
Grainy 8mm video footage was uploaded to TMZ's website of Catherine Middleton sneezing. It was a dainty sneeze befitting a future queen, but it wasn't obnoxiously cutesy. She was wearing a black dress with pale blue ribbon trim and a pair of black knee-high boots, with a pea coat and scarf. Very chic. All the girls will want to make it their official "sneezing on video" outfit.

That was a great laugh!!!!!
Phantastic! Extremly creative!!!!!
And showing how absurd some discussions are, if there is NO NEWS around! Arrrrgh, give us some news! We all will commit suicide, if we have nothing new to discuss!!!!
Bye Bine

Regardless of Kate ... Prince William has a sincere heart .. love Kate .. and then proposed to her .... that true love .. which ends in marriage, not deception

Congratulations!

I agree MERMAID1962, I cannot tell you when or where. But I can remember the outfits.

He is a very good reporter, and I don't mind listening to his voice. I would have assumed David Dimbleby but Edwards is a good choice.

There is a wedding planner called Peter Ferguson in Scotland but he is not known at Clarence House and told me he's not doing this event. about 3 hours ago via web
<LI id=status_14717931552247808 class="hentry u-RoyalReporter status">The orchestra founder told me he was booked by a wedding planner called Peter Ferguson but he did not have any contact details for him. about 3 hours ago via web
<LI id=status_14717599921213440 class="hentry u-RoyalReporter status">That story about the Austrian orchestra playing at William and Kate's wedding has gone around the world via AP now. Been told it's not true. about 3 hours ago via web
Per RoyalReporter on twitter, this story is actually not true- It's so hard with so many things flying around to know what is 100% accurate or not....

There is a wedding planner called Peter Ferguson in Scotland but he is not known at Clarence House and told me he's not doing this event. about 3 hours ago via web <LI id=status_14717931552247808 class="hentry u-RoyalReporter status">The orchestra founder told me he was booked by a wedding planner called Peter Ferguson but he did not have any contact details for him. about 3 hours ago via web <LI id=status_14717599921213440 class="hentry u-RoyalReporter status">That story about the Austrian orchestra playing at William and Kate's wedding has gone around the world via AP now. Been told it's not true. about 3 hours ago via web
Per RoyalReporter on twitter, this story is actually not true- It's so hard with so many things flying around to know what is 100% accurate or not....
Just read that now too strange seemed like an interesting idea to use them though

Not Enthused?

Well, Im not particularly enthused by this but at least its not a suprise. If William is happy then thats all that matters.

Kate seems like a sweet, down to earth girl. Is it because she is a commoner that some oppose this marriage, although so far you seem to be the only one not to happy about it. As long as "William is Happy". People felt that way too about Charles ("as long as he is happy" Unfortunately Diana was not. I hope Kate is Happy too.:ermm:

Kate seems like a sweet, down to earth girl. Is it because she is a commoner that some oppose this marriage, although so far you seem to be the only one not to happy about it. As long as "William is Happy". People felt that way too about Charles ("as long as he is happy" Unfortunately Diana was not. I hope Kate is Happy too.:ermm:

I think a lot of the opposition is that for the last 8 years she has appeared to do nothing but wait for William and people see her, rightly or wrongly, as a leech who chose a course at St Andrews simply to meet William in order to make him fall in love with her and then she would marry William - making it the social coup of the decade.

With regard to Charles and Diana - let's not forget that Charles was also unhappy in that marriage - people wanted Diana to be happy but she wouldn't be happy surely with a miserable husband and she made Charles miserable, just as he made her miserable. A marriage can't work with one partner unhappy.

I am intrigued by the motives for opposition of a wedding between William & Catherine. Primarily the personal denigration of Miss Middleton based on a range of topics from her family's class in society to her economic status. Including her haematology, which is pretty far fetched for the 21st century! Yet, no such scrutiny has been demonstrated in regards to her constant exhibition of loyalty, decorum, humility, courtesy, discretion...all regal qualities,IMHO! One would believe that the cultivating of such noble traits in a person would be more valuable than their social, economical or haematological categories. IMHO!

Last edited:
Yes, you're right. Diana and Sarah were making many appearances at the height of the social season. I'd like to have the opportunity to see Kate and William do a couple of engagements together before their wedding, but we'll just have to wait and see whether that happens.
For clarification on Diana:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...997-the-complete-list-10524-2.html#post750448

Also one that is not listed is their May 09th 1981 visit to the Broadlands

Last edited:
Sherlock, it's just human nature, I'm afraid.
Publishers have to sell newspapers/magazines.
And many of us readers simply lap it all up.....

Still, it's good that we at TRF can indulge in interesting discussions !

Humility? How can we know?

Discretion, of course. Not being discrete would have ruined her aspirations.

Or rather cost her the trust of William.

I think a lot of the opposition is that for the last 8 years she has appeared to do nothing but wait for William and people see her, rightly or wrongly, as a leech who chose a course at St Andrews simply to meet William in order to make him fall in love with her and then she would marry William - making it the social coup of the decade.

With regard to Charles and Diana - let's not forget that Charles was also unhappy in that marriage - people wanted Diana to be happy but she wouldn't be happy surely with a miserable husband and she made Charles miserable, just as he made her miserable. A marriage can't work with one partner unhappy.

While I'm not opposed to the union I mostly agree with your statements. I saw in the "news" papers that Kate will be in some sort of therapy to help her cope with the pressures of royal life and it was pointed out that she was "devasted" when they split as if she were fragile. If that's true it's not a great sign. Hopefully while she was waiting the past 8 years she pondered what her role could be.

Last edited:

I think that opinion of Kate will continue to stick with her. I would hope that she starts working for the family and proving her critics wrong in at least the work ethic area. Personally I don't think she will ever live down the social climbing aspirations jabs. I think it has little to do with her bloodlines however and more to do with the perception that she did nothing but wait. Even her choices of charities were all choices that William was already involved in.

On the other hand she does have the chance to change her work ethic so I think that will help some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom