The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper1987 View Post
Congrats to Kate and William!!! I honestly wasn't a fond of Kate but after seeing her speak I really kinda liked her! I thought she was very down to earth and really likable.
I totally agree. There is sometime really likeable about her and the way the interact with each other is very sweet. This certainly seems to be a couple who knows each other well, is very comfortable together, are good friends and compliment each other well. They both mentioned ways they support and help each other and it sounds like their relationship is a mutually reciprocal one.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Commoner

2nd try
Surprised but happy for them!!!

For you Sims 3 players, see below link to my TRF post in the gaming section. I made sims of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ims-29266.html

Old 11-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Nobility

I am very surprised that she has Diana's ring, well I guess now her ring. I know it is sentimental but I would have thought she would have wanted a more modern style.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl View Post
I am very surprised that she has Diana's ring, well I guess now her ring.
Yes, let's hope it eventually becomes known as "Kate's Ring". Kind of awful if she has to wear it the rest of her life and not have it called her own. It would have been a nice compromise if Prince William had had the stones re-cut and mounted on a new ring. The sentiment would have been there still but the ring would be more "theirs". So much news coverage here (USA) is harping on the ring association that the rest of the story and the participants are being overshadowed.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl View Post
I am very surprised that she has Diana's ring, well I guess now her ring. I know it is sentimental but I would have thought she would have wanted a more modern style.
I still say I think it's very sweet to have his mother's ring. That is what I have, also. My husband's mother died when he was 21, and when he proposed he gave me her ring and I love it.

I think she is very poised and doing very well in front of the media, especially considering this kind of attention is new to her. I thought they both seemed very happy and in love, but keeping some dignity in front of the media, as is appropriate.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Courtier

I love how honest that interview was...I wasn't expecting that! She held her own very well and I like that they weren't so stiff and serious throughout. Also like that she wasn't happy about that one breakup - very candid moment.

Passing down Diana's ring was a nice idea, very traditional...
Old 11-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Felicity M View Post
I wonder where Harry is and what he is tinking or has to say about this?
He said he was delighted and happy to gain a sister.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can understand how some people might not like the idea of William giving Kate that ring, but the ring obviously means a lot to him and so does she. He wants a part of who he is (his mother) to be with her. I think it's beautiful, romantic, all those things. I would bet if Diana was alive, she'd still get that ring anyway.

Besides, it's Kate's ring now. It may continue to be passed down through their children and their children's children.....so forth and so on. A new history can be made with that piece of jewelry.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-16-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemonaco View Post
i know.....i was somewhat hoping that he would find someone else....because it kept going and going......and also depressed that i havent found love in my life to keep me occupied..
Awww

ilovemonaco, don't despair because sometimes you find love in the most unexpected places. Maybe you aren't looking in the right direction. It could be behind you and just around the corner?

I really hope they get married @ St. George's. I know there will be people who will say it's too small to have such a wedding, but I stand by this. I always hoped this would be the venue for William's wedding. I really liked the style of Edward and Sophie's wedding. That seems like what William and Kate -- oh, sorry, I mean Catherine prefer.

How could they stand to get married at the Abbey?Where Diana's funeral service was? That's so depressing!!!! And no way, they can't get married at St. Paul's. It's too much.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemonaco View Post
i know.....i was somewhat hoping that he would find someone else....because it kept going and going......and also depressed that i havent found love in my life to keep me occupied..

You don't need a man or a love in your life to keep you occupied. I'm single right now, but I'm back in school, I have my friends and family......lots of things for me to do. Pinning your happiness on a relationship is foolhardy and will only lead you to sadness.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Commoner

congratulations to them both
Old 11-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Commoner

I think Kate handled herself very well during the photo session and interview. Yes, she was obviously slightly nervous but that makes her more endearing. At first, I was a little disappointed she didn't have her own ring, but after I saw her wearing it I realized how touching it was.
Can't wait for the wedding - she will be a beautiful bride.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
How could they stand to get married at the Abbey?
The perfect place, really. It's where Princess Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh married; and the place where William and Kate will possibly be crowned some day. I hope that it is held there. It's not as if Prince William has never entered the place since 1997 for services and celebrations of happier events. They need to make their own memories & not tip-toe around the past.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
You don't need a man or a love in your life to keep you occupied. I'm single right now, but I'm back in school, I have my friends and family......lots of things for me to do. Pinning your happiness on a relationship is foolhardy and will only lead you to sadness.
Good point. But I can understand how ilovemonaco feels. I mean, the media has this horrible way of rubbing the whole fairy tale nonsense in our faces. Especially when they get a story like this. So it's good to be aware of this and keep perspective!

I love Prince Harry's official response! So cute! He gets a sister, which he always wanted!
Old 11-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Courtier

I was rather shocked to hear that he gave her Diana's ring...but it just looks so great on her finger..and the reason he gave for it was wonderful. Such a stunning ring to be locked up for another 14 -25 yrs. Im glad he gave it to her.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaristocratx View Post
Wow. What a strange interview. They both didn't look very happy--especially Kate. She barely smiled or talked. It looked like they were doing a special about helping children with aids...

when William was talking about how great Kate's family was and then said he 'hoped she felt the same' about his family, she didn't say anything haha. Awkward.

Kate's deep V-neck alarms me. Not very tasteful. But I have to remember that's just her signature (one and only) style of top.
Oh yeah, so unhappy: myroyal's: ENGAGEMENT

puh-lease.

Although I will agree her shirt is cut a tad too deep, imo.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
How could they stand to get married at the Abbey?Where Diana's funeral service was? That's so depressing!!!!
I think the fact that William gave Catherine Diana's engagement ring shows that he is not letting the past prevent him from moving on....otherwise that ring would never see the light of day again. Besides...if people avoided the churches where their parents funerals took place there would be precious few churches with people attending. Life goes on, and what better way to banish the shadows of a funeral than with a wedding of two people who love each other, and that the deceased parent would have been over the moon with joy to attend?
Old 11-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Nobility

I found this pic of Diana & William from 1983 in New Zealand. Even at 9 months-old, William was taken with Diana's engagement ring!

LINK: THE ROYAL WORLD: PRINCESS DIANA

(I hope I did this right, this is the 1st time I've tried to post a link! Fingers crossed)

Be who you are And say what you feel Because those who mind don't matter And those who matter don't mind-Dr. Seuss
Old 11-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
Although I will agree her shirt is cut a tad too deep, imo.
The dress was cut fine on Catherine Middleton. It did not show anything. She likes the v-neck look.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
The dress was cut fine on Catherine Middleton. It did not show anything. She likes the v-neck look.
Maybe to you, but I think it was a tad too deep.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ed7KEPTG8b...25287%2529.jpg