Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are wonderful together and Diana's ring looked right at home on Catherine's finger. :D

I just can't re-iterate enough how happy I am for them both. Never thought I'd see the day. :D

Is there any rebroadcast of the sit down interview? Gosh darn it, I was in a meeting and missed it!!!! :bang:

Thank you for video, Warren. Thanks too to Fanvanmaxima for the screen shots.

I wouldn't be surprised if Catherine Middleton worked circles around many of today's young royals because as William said, she is down to earth and just gets on with things. ;)

He quite obviously adores her and I so agree with the sentiments of Polly, Sugarbaby and Sister Morphine.

I believe the UK is now euphoric. A brilliant wedding to look forward to helps dispel gloom and doom. Extra points to William for serving his country with such dedication.

They are wonderful together and Diana's ring looked right at home on Catherine's finger. :D

I know, right? I remember reading some article many moons ago about how after Diana died, the boys were asked if there was anything in particular of their mother's they wanted to keep, and William took her engagement ring. So a part of me always knew that whomever he proposed to, he'd give her that ring.

If only Diana could be here to partake in the joy of this glorious occasion in both their lives.

^it'll turn up on youtube...anyone know how she discovered this brazillian designer?

A very lovely gesture of P Williams to give his bride to be the ring from his mother. I very clear indication how deeply he remembers his mom and also how deeply he cares about Catherine as the woman in his life.

I just can't re-iterate enough how happy I am for them both. Never thought I'd see the day. :D

I totally agree with you. From the moment I read the news, I jumped up and down like it was my own brother getting married. And I don't even have a brother - but I'm very happy for them :D

Hmm... those members who think this a good time to post their smarty-pants remarks should think again.
The bitter and twisted are advised to avoid this thread if congratulatory posts upset them so much.

Warren
British Forums moderator

I'm very excited about this! William came off as very likeable, funny, bright and protective during their interview. Kate had a few errant "ums" and "you knows" but did a lovely job for someone whose first real media experience is this onslaught. She does seem to really care for him and that's what's most important.

I chose the name Katherine for my daughter in 1999 and remember telling my mom I wanted a classic name you could imagine someone saying, "And here are Prince William and his bride Katherine". Perhaps I influenced this - ha ha.

^ Well said Warren! I literally cannot wait for the wedding! Kate will be a beautiful bride. and william seems so happy...that's all that really matters anyway.

Believe it or not, I have been planning a trip to England in the summer of 2011 since this past summer!
Now I definitely have a reason to go.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, right? I remember reading some article many moons ago about how after Diana died, the boys were asked if there was anything in particular of their mother's they wanted to keep, and William took her engagement ring. So a part of me always knew that whomever he proposed to, he'd give her that ring.

If only Diana could be here to partake in the joy of this glorious occasion in both their lives.

Oh, I think she is here in spirit and has never left her boys.
William has a very romantic way of expressing his feelings for Catherine that is a joy to behold.

Oh that's great rmay. And exciting.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think the UK as a whole is going to make a ton of money on this wedding. I already know of 10 people who live here in the US who are planning on flying to London for this wedding, because they've been followers of that family since Diana's wedding and the births of her children, so forth and so on. So I no doubt that the money taxpayers might have to expend on this wedding and its festivities will be recouped through tourist money a few times over.

One thing that struck me about this interview was how at ease they both seemed answering questions, dealing with the almost megaton of flashbulbs that were going off earlier -- Kate seemed a bit shaky, but can you blame her? She's going to be the Queen of England. That's a lot to digest, even if you have known the guy for almost a decade.

I really liked Kate's dress - royal blue looks fantastic on her. William was so relaxed and witty, I enjoyed his humorous comments a lot.:) Aren't there official family photos online yet?

I really liked Kate's dress - royal blue looks fantastic on her. William was so relaxed and witty, I enjoyed his humorous comments a lot.:) Aren't there official family photos online yet?

What's more, I'm waiting for the "official engagement photo" - like the one that was released when Prince Albert of Monaco's engagement was announced.

Wow. What a strange interview. They both didn't look very happy--especially Kate. She barely smiled or talked. It looked like they were doing a special about helping children with aids...

when William was talking about how great Kate's family was and then said he 'hoped she felt the same' about his family, she didn't say anything haha. Awkward.

Kate's deep V-neck alarms me. Not very tasteful. But I have to remember that's just her signature (one and only) style of top.

Of course its strange...she was nervous and no one can blame her for that :)
They look great together

I didn't think William was going to be able to get the smile off his face!

Young love is the most fun to watch, isn't it?

Well, I understand that they got engaged in Kenya earlier but because of the Remembrance Sunday which was 2 days ago they delayed the announcement until today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. What a strange interview. They both didn't look very happy--especially Kate. She barely smiled or talked. It looked like they were doing a special about helping children with aids...

when William was talking about how great Kate's family was and then said he 'hoped she felt the same' about his family, she didn't say anything haha. Awkward.

Kate's deep V-neck alarms me. Not very tasteful. But I have to remember that's just her signature (one and only) style of top.
Why is it not tasteful? :lol: You sound a bit mormon-ish. ;)

Kate looks lovely. The color looks very becoming on her and goes to show what a little bit of volume can do to someone's hair.
Though the interview is a bit awkward, but that's due to nerves. Understandable.

This engagement is wonderful news. I'm so happy for the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, who must be very glad about the couple's prospects after the pain of two failed daughters-in-law, even though all of that is pretty far in the past now.

Prince William and Kate Middleton are so comfortable together and at ease with each other. There's no awkwardness between them and their mutual affection is evident. This is a pair who know one other very well and who have been in love for a long time. They can look forward with confidence, I think, to a successful supportive companionate marriage.

I fell a tiny bit of disappointment with the engagement ring, for she'll be saddled all her life with Diana's name being brought up at every turn anyway. However, his reasons for re-using it are understandable and to his credit.

Miss Middleton's looks are lovely, and very natural. I hope she continues that, even though the media will probably try to turn her into a fashion-rack.

Prince William is doing himself a great favor by selecting a mature, educated, poised young woman for his wife. Now both he and his father will have the comfort of partners who love and understand and support them. What could be better?

Thank you for those that posted the full interview! I just came home for lunch and have been enjoying it. I am very impressed with Catherine's poise and calmness with this onslaught of attention. I am also very touched and surprised about William giving Catherine his mother's ring, and the sentiments behind it. They look happy and natural together and I think Catherine is going to be a wonderful asset to William and the UK as a member of the Royal Family and future Queen!

:flowers:

I think she looked lovely. The style and colour of her dress was very flattering. I was a bit sad she didn't wear her hair up but, after the "Barrage" of flashes I think she may find it a useful tool to hide behind.

Whilst she looked really happy to begin with she seemed to become almost overwhelmed by the media. I think she was more than a little shell-shocked by the end of proceedings. While she has been the subject of photographers for years, the reality of the "official" part of William's life was probably a rude awakening. No wonder she started to look like a bunny in the headlights.

No surprise that he used Diana's engagement ring. I've always thought he would.

Fantastic news. Brilliant! I think Kate did very well at the interview. She was happy and seemed relaxed. I think William was very happy as well. Seems he was smiling alot. Im very happy for all of the families and for them as well. Thank goodness the cat is out of the bag now. Cant imagine having to keep a secret for so long. But in the end I think we all knew it was coming right?:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom