Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first heard this news last week I'll have to admit my first thought was "Squeeee! I can't believe it, finally!" I'm ready for all the speculation, planning, and hoopla surrounding the wedding. As it's now officially on a Friday and I'll be at work I'll have to see if any TV channels in the US are showing the wedding and setting up the DVR to catch all the fun.

I also think it's great that William used his mother's ring. I sure wouldn't have turned that gorgeous sapphire down! I also remember reading somewhere that the brothers had agreed to whomever married first would get the ring but I'm sure that's speculation.

I'm sure they will be happy as they are closer in age with similar interests and will make a great team. Catherine is also more mature than Diana at this stage and I'm sure she will not hesitate to ask for assistance if needed dealing with others. Not casting aspersions on Diana or Charles but this a different situation with maturity levels and life experience and they are more realistically facing challenges they may have in this marriage.

Great suggestions! Or the royals could foot the bill for security too. Why not? They are cushioned from the harsh economic realities that the public have to suffer, through no fault of our own. And since most people in Britain are struggling to maintain their standard of living these days and fearing job losses and social welfare cutbacks, they are for the most part not actually very interested in this wedding. For the most part it seems like an awful waste of money.

So you're effectively saying you want this wedding to be private and not seen by anyone except the royals and relatives?
Can you imagine the outcry at that? The Public, and not just the british would be outraged if the royals decided to ban the public from seeing the wedding.
I don't see why William and Kate should be affected by what the government are doing, they don't tell parliament to slash millions of jobs.

Why should it be any different for the Royals? Think about how popular they would be if the Queen agreed to pay the security bill.

Think how unpopular they would be if they choose to not allow the public anywhere near the wedding?

I, for one am thinking about how I can get to London. And I will need a hotel to stay and places to eat. So somebody is making some money.

Feel free to stay with me. ;)

how much will the Middletons contribute? Surely they cant afford to pay nearly as much as the royals? perhaps they will pay for their guests only?

It has been said, they will pay for the honeymoon.

I like the date, Does anyone know if Catherine will have any event before wedding?

She will hopefully decide to take on some royal duties, to practice. However, there's no big royal event should could participate in.

I have a question: before the engagement, when they used to vacation together, who would pay for Kate? Prince William?

That information will never be known.

I have just realised I am gonna witness for the first time the wedding of a child of an heir to the throne. All other royal weddings I saw involved a crown prince/princess who married. So at least for me it going to be a historic wedding. The wedding of Charles and Diana was the first I saw and now I will hopefully see their son getting married. Very touching.

I wonder if CBC or CTV or something like that will show the wedding live over here or will we have to wait and get a delayed broadcast like we did with Charles and Camilla

Oh and Kate is on every single weekly tabloid magazine this week

You know it's always upset me that we never got any footage or even a picture from Diana and Charles' wedding reception. I know Autumn and Peter released pictures from the reception but I doubt William will do that he'll prob keep with tradition. It's a shame I really like seeing the receptions from the crown prince/princess of europe.

Last edited:
I wonder if CBC or CTV or something like that will show the wedding live over here or will we have to wait and get a delayed broadcast like we did with Charles and Camilla

Oh and Kate is on every single weekly tabloid magazine this week

You know it's always upset me that we never got any footage or even a picture from Diana and Charles' wedding reception. I know Autumn and Peter released pictures from the reception but I doubt William will do that he'll prob keep with tradition. It's a shame I really like seeing the receptions from the crown prince/princess of europe.

The British don't include the public in the wedding breakfast believing that that is a private occasion. The tradition has been that we see the carriages arrive back at the palace and then some hours later see the balcony scene but nothing of what happens in between - and rightly so in my opinion.

Awesome its set in stone! April 29th a spring wedding will be wonderful. I shall set my clock to 5:00am to watch this ceremony it will be beautiful. :flowers:

Awesome its set in stone! April 29th a spring wedding will be wonderful. I shall set my clock to 5:00am to watch this ceremony it will be beautiful. :flowers:

Me and you both, although I might wake up even earlier to watch people arriving at the abbey lol! Well that will be a good excuse to explain to my teachers why I'm not in school... :D

Fortunately it will be Friday night here and there are some good football games on that night - Swans are playing at the SCG for one thing. I know what I will be doing and it won't be watching a wedding on the other side of the world between the most boring couple I can remember for years. Maybe if they had married 5 years ago but now after they have been living together for years it is over the top. They should be having a quiet wedding not this as it isn't the start of anything but after they have been together for years - as Charles said 'they have been practising for long enough'. I also hope she doesn't have the gall to wear white.

JonC93 it's the wedding many people have been waiting for! :flowers:

If you miss school I'm sure your teachers will understand :lol:

Fortunately it will be Friday night here and there are some good football games on that night - Swans are playing at the SCG for one thing. I know what I will be doing and it won't be watching a wedding on the other side of the world between the most boring couple I can remember for years. Maybe if they had married 5 years ago but now after they have been living together for years it is over the top. They should be having a quiet wedding not this as it isn't the start of anything but after they have been together for years - as Charles said 'they have been practising for long enough'. I also hope she doesn't have the gall to wear white.

Well what color is she suppose to wear if she shouldn't "have the gall to wear white?"

WOW....just wow. :eek: Well enjoy your football so the rest of us can enjoy the wedding without being subjected to your disgust.

Last edited:
:previous: Ivory and cream are lovely options.

But light lemon? Good grief no. She isn't a circa. 1960's lavatory roll doll.

The days of only virgin brides being allowed to wear white are thankfully behind us now. If Kate wants to wear white, she'll wear white and won't be because of "gall".

Allow me to echo Madame Royale's "good grief".

The days of only virgin brides being allowed to wear white are thankfully behind us now. If Kate wants to wear white, she'll wear white and won't be because of "gall".

Allow me to echo Madame Royale's "good grief".
I so agree with you! and boring couple oh yes truly boring yet if they were over the top scandalous we'd be here criticizing them again! They can't win and quiet wedding? You honestly believed Prince William's wedding wasn't going to be a spectacle and a celebration? btw Sister Morphine this wasn't directed at you but do another member but I am agreeing with you with your comments:flowers:

Last edited:
Well I know I am looking forward to watching this wedding. Would BBCA be a good channel to watch it on? Depending on when and what I am doing at the time I am going to have to tape it. (sorry if I got offtopic there). White wouldn't be a bad color, I haven't really seen too many royal brides wear white.

Well I know I am looking forward to watching this wedding. Would BBCA be a good channel to watch it on? Depending on when and what I am doing at the time I am going to have to tape it. (sorry if I got offtopic there). White wouldn't be a bad color, I haven't really seen too many royal brides wear white.

CP Victoria's wedding dress was white.

I would be surprised if every major American network did not cover this wedding in full, that is ABC, NBC, CBS & CNN, much like Charles & Diana's wedding (minus CNN). So, I think we will have our options open as to where to watch it. Time will tell!

BTW, I was watching video on YouTube of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's wedding and I wonder if some of the things that happened there, we will see in April for William and Catherine's wedding. Sarah left Clarence House in a beautiful glass coach and I wonder if Catherine will get transported to the Abbey in it.

I would be surprised if every major American network did not cover this wedding in full, that is ABC, NBC, CBS & CNN, much like Charles & Diana's wedding (minus CNN). So, I think we will have our options open as to where to watch it. Time will tell!
I sure hope so! I'm assuming here in Canada CTV and CBC should broadcast it CBC had Charles and Camilla's wedding and CTV had Diana's 10 year Memorial Service.

I'm sure they will, although they won't stay on it without a billion commercials and breaking away to other news. I plan on watching it on the internet and TV. :D

I'm sure they will, although they won't stay on it without a billion commercials and breaking away to other news. I plan on watching it on the internet and TV. :D

They didn`t do that for Charles and Diana`s wedding or Andrew and Sarah`s wedding. My complaint about the US broadcasts was that the commentator`s couldn`t shut up.

BTW, I was watching video on YouTube of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's wedding and I wonder if some of the things that happened there, we will see in April for William and Catherine's wedding. Sarah left Clarence House in a beautiful glass coach and I wonder if Catherine will get transported to the Abbey in it.

With the exception of Sophie all the royal brides have gone to their weddings in that coach so I would expect Kate to also use it, unless her reported allergy to horses prevents her from using any coach at all.

The Queen, Princess Margaret, Princess Anne, Diana and Sarah certainly all used that coach. The glass coach is sometimes called the wedding coach as it is used for that purpose.

I wonder if CBC or CTV or something like that will show the wedding live over here or will we have to wait and get a delayed broadcast like we did with Charles and Camilla.

CBC and CTV both showed Charles and Diana`s wedding live. My family was camping. I made my parents rent a hotel room for the night so we could watch.

They didn`t do that for Charles and Diana`s wedding or Andrew and Sarah`s wedding. My complaint about the US broadcasts was that the commentator`s couldn`t shut up.

That is usually the case. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom