The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
https://twitter.com/Duchess_Files/st...57141191483392

William is on bilboards in China, for an ivory free China. They banned import of ivory for a year temporarily and will decide on it in a couple of months if I got it right. I really think that if China wasn't planning on doing "the right thing" that William would be allowed to be so open about his support on this trip.

Also, a little superficial. Gotta say, on that picture he looks YUM!

You're not superficial. He does look pretty good. His pose screams confidence. They chose the picture quite well.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:08 PM
Royal Highness

Wow, today will be busy!

Tuesday 3rd March

On 3rd March The Prince will return to The Great Festival at the Long Museum. There he will witness demonstrations and exhibitions from a number of companies, including British Airways, Jaguar Land Rover, the BBC and De Monfort University.
The Duke will then visit Nanyang Secondary School where he will watch students taking part in a football training session run by the Premier Skills programme, and will be led by Premier League-trained coaches. Recently, football has been added to the Chinese National Curriculum in order to promote good health and skills improvement.
Prince William will then attend the Inaugural British Council Global Alumni Awards, which are being held at the Ruijin Hotel. The Awards are a celebration of the academic achievements of Chinese students who have previously studied in the UK. After his arrival and meeting the students, The Duke will officially open the Awards ceremony.
The Duke will then attend the official opening of the British Centre in Shanghai, where he will meet the staff at the Centre and open the new offices. The Centre is home to the Shanghai Consulate General, China British Business Council, The British Council and UKTI.
After this William will attend the premiere of Paddington at Shanghai Film Museum in association with the GREAT Festival. During the event, The Prince will meet leading figures from the Chinese film industry, along with some of the members of the Paddington production team. Before the premiere of the film, a Chinese government representative will receive a collection of recently restored old footage of Shanghai as a gift from The Duke. William will also get to witness some creative work completed by children from the local Chinese and local English schools. The Duke will end his busy day with the GREAT Festival official dinner at the Long Museum.

Duke of Cambridge’s itinerary for Japan and China tour released

That's one crammed day. Surprised we haven't seen pictures jet since (google says) it's already over 11. With all the things he must cram into today he should have been up for a while now :P

Old 03-03-2015, 04:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Prince's visit to China 'a major diplomatic breakthrough'-

Prince's visit to China 'a major diplomatic breakthrough' - ITV News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-03-2015, 04:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:

Is it wrong that I feel like a proud mama? :P
Old 03-03-2015, 04:41 AM
Heir Apparent

It's a shame that the tour isn't getting that much coverage. Kate got more coverage yesterday going to the Goring than Wills in China got. The Twitter info also hasn't been that great. Last year, we got spoiled by the great Twitter coverage by the GG of Aus & NZ accounts.

I can see W&K being like the Queen and Philip where they do the tours together. This just seems like bad timing where the Chinese wanted the visit to come sooner than later so it wasn't scheduled in the later half of the year so Kate could go.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-03-2015, 04:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:

This is very positive coverage. William appears to have done well with the Chinese leadership.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
It's a shame that the tour isn't getting that much coverage. Kate got more coverage yesterday going to the Goring than Wills in China got. The Twitter info also hasn't been that great. Last year, we got spoiled by the great Twitter coverage by the GG of Aus & NZ accounts.

I can see W&K being like the Queen and Philip where they do the tours together. This just seems like bad timing where the Chinese wanted the visit to come sooner than later so it wasn't scheduled in the later half of the year so Kate could go.

I agree. It really sucks. I'm not surprised since reports said "William is focusing on football and film" about this trip.... It's like their brains sensor out any diplomatic value or things with substance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
This is very positive coverage. William appears to have done well with the Chinese leadership.
I agree. Though there is very little coverage (although, more than I thought), all the coverage is really good.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:51 AM
Courtier

Well done William!
Old 03-03-2015, 05:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I agree. It really sucks. I'm not surprised since reports said "William is focusing on football and film" about this trip.... It's like their brains sensor out any diplomatic value or things with substance.
Quote:
I agree. Though there is very little coverage (although, more than I thought), all the coverage is really good.
Actually, I have to disagree. Here in the UK, there is a reasonable amount of coverage o Prince William's trip. The BBC and ITN have on-going stories on the trip, as do most of the mainstream press. The coverage he is getting is more than what the Queen and Prince Philip, or C&C or the Prime Minister get when they travel overseas. Agreeably the coverage does not have the frenzy of a William & Catherine tour, but a lot of that coverage is about her clothes and jewellery, than of the substance of the tour.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Actually, I have to disagree. Here in the UK, there is a reasonable amount of coverage o Prince William's trip. The BBC and ITN have on-going stories on the trip, as do most of the mainstream press. The coverage he is getting is more than what the Queen and Prince Philip, or C&C or the Prime Minister get when they travel overseas. Agreeably the coverage does not have the frenzy of a William & Catherine tour, but a lot of that coverage is about her clothes and jewellery, than of the substance of the tour.
I agree. That's why I said it was more than I expected, since it's more than the others. But very little compared to when Kate is with
Old 03-03-2015, 07:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William displays ball skills in kickabout with children in Shangai | Royal | News | Daily Express
Quote:
HE's an avid Aston Villa fan and president of the Football Association, so it was no surprise that Prince William was keen to get involved in a kickabout during a football masterclass in Shanghai.

The Duke of Cambridge saw the youngsters being put through their paces by British coaches when he visited Nanyang High School in Shanghai.

As the Prince, 32, went in for a penalty excited children looked on and after taking it, one child couldn't contain his enthusiasm and rushed over to give William a high five.

The five-a-side kickabout came on the third day of the Prince's high-profile visit to China - the first time a senior royal has visited the country since the Queen made a trip in 1986.
Prince William shows off his ball skills during a kickabout in Shanghai | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
He's Aston Villa's most famous fan and the president of the England FA to boot so when Prince William was offered the chance of a kickabout in Shanghai, he was quick to take up the offer.

The Prince was visiting the Nanyang High School and was invited to watch local children being taught football skills by British coaches.

Watched by the excited children, William teed up a penalty and, after taking it, beamed as an excited child rushed up to give him a high five.

Football is about to become part of the national curriculum in China, and the British Council runs a scheme called Premier Skills which fosters a passion for the game.

The Prince was shown around by Paul Hughes, 33, a former coach at Reading FC, Millwall and Southampton, who now travels the world passing on his experience to local coaches under the British Council scheme.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

That's good. I'm in the US so I don't get the UK TV news so I just looked at the online versions of the British newspapers where there wasn't much.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
the Duke of Cambridge has attended a Premier Skills football event at Naanyang school, football is being added to Chinese National Curriculum as a tool to aid student development and encourage social inclusion-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William's delight at Queen's portrait in Shanghai - Telegraph
Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge came face-to-face with a smiling portrait of his grandmother the Queen in Shanghai.

He saw four photographs of the monarch by David Bailey, on display together for the first time at an exhibition celebrating British creativity, on Tuesday.

The Duke said: “That’s fantastic, it’s a great photo, does anyone know when they were taken? I love them.”

The images, taken for the Queen’s 88th birthday last year, were shown along with British design products at the event in the city’s Long Museum.

After officially opening the GREAT Festival of Creativity on Monday night, the Duke was back for a closer look at the goods on show.

At the BBC Worldwide stand, he was greeted by a moving penguin cam, christened George, which walked towards him and bowed.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Majesty

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2808004.html

The above post contains photos of Prince William's tour of China (Day 3).
Old 03-03-2015, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Going back to earlier posts about the amount of coverage the trip is getting here in the UK, I can't really comment on the newspapers but I would say that the tv coverage has been equal to the time devoted to Kate and William's earlier tours which is very encouraging. The stories emphasise the historic nature of the tour stressing how many years it is since a senior British royal visited China, and the sensitive nature of some of the issues which dominate China & UK relations. I am not sure how many of the press are accompanying William, but it is considered newsworthy appearing in all of the main news bulletins on the main channels including SKY.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Going back to earlier posts about the amount of coverage the trip is getting here in the UK, I can't really comment on the newspapers but I would say that the tv coverage has been equal to the time devoted to Kate and William's earlier tours which is very encouraging. The stories emphasise the historic nature of the tour stressing how many years it is since a senior British royal visited China, and the sensitive nature of some of the issues which dominate China & UK relations. I am not sure how many of the press are accompanying William, but it is considered newsworthy appearing in all of the main news bulletins on the main channels including SKY.
That is nice to hear :)
Old 03-03-2015, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Dash @DashRoyal · Mar 2
Video: @GREATFestivals Day 1 highlights, including Prince William's speech (with some Chinese) #RoyalVisitChina

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge (Prince William) looms 40 stories tall in Shanghai 4
https://twitter.com/WildAid/status/572855304095862784

I thought this looked pretty cool. Probably a first for a British Royal.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A few recent posts about the Japan leg of the visit have been transferred over to the Duke of Cambridge: Visit to Japan - February 26-March 1, 2015 thread.

Tags
china, duke of cambridge, japan, william