The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2014, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
^^^ But to be fair to Kate, she has no control over the press writing about her sartorial choices and the British press does the same with CP Mary, Queen Letizia and Queen Maxima
I know she has no control over it, nor do the other women, but the British press do go overboard on what she is wearing. They did the same with Diana. Thankfully Kate is a pretty woman who dresses relatively well or the DM writers would be out of a job. The DM writes 5 articles based on one dress Kate has worn, which is boring to read. Then one line at the bottom would be about the visit to China and the political reasons behind it. It's boring and unnecessary.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

BBC News - Duke of Cambridge to visit Japan and China in early 2015
Quote:
The drafters of the news release from Royal Communications did their best.

Of the 19 sentences it contains, three are devoted to Prince Charles and his connections with China.

But supporting heritage and cultural initiatives there isn't the same as setting foot on the mainland of a nation which is our 7th largest market for exports.

Some royal officials believe Charles' difficult relationship with China, and his friendship with the Dalai Lama, are issues that concern the media more and the Chinese less.

Given the past actions of the next king - he boycotted a banquet during a Chinese state visit - and Prince Philip's "slitty-eyed" comment when he was there in 1986, it's little wonder that royal visits to the country have to be navigated with care.

Prince William appears to possess both gaffe-free genes and friends who don't trouble the Chinese.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think people have to stop getting so bent out of shape over the presses attention to Catherine's wardrobe on official engagements and tours. She don't have control over that and it's her job to look good when on official duty. Remember, it's the palace officials that's engaging with the media over her wardrobe too.

The media will be making a fuss over Harry's future wife's wardrobe too. It's been done to The Queen, Queen Mother, Diana, Sarah and now Catherine. It's just something everyone have to get used to.

I'm glad to see William going on this trip and continuing to expand his official duties. I know he's and Catherine are disappointed she won't be joining him on this trip but the baby comes first.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-27-2014, 01:12 PM
Serene Highness

I think there is an outside chance that Catherine may be added to the tour closer to the date depending on her health and how she feels.

Diplomatically she will raise the profile of the tour, but I agree it is timed with the GREAT event. I think Catherine feels bad about Malta.

I get the feeling the palace was not planning on announcing this tour at this time and then the Chinese govt announced they had invited them. There is probably a contingency light itinerary being worked on for Catherine at this time. We shall see.

It would make more sense to announce William, and add Catherine if avail ... Than to announce both and take Catherine away closer to the date.

I am glad William's conservation efforts are being incorporated into the tour.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:29 PM
Majesty

Prince William to promote UK, conservation in Japan and China - Channel NewsAsia
Old 02-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Duke of Cambridge visit to Japan & China.

@RoyalCentral: Prince William is set for his trip to Japan and China. He will be in Japan from 26th Feb-1st March. Then China from 1st March to the 4th.

@RoyalCentral: Cities visited in China will include Beijing, Shanghai and Xishuangbanna in Yunnan province.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
@RoyalCentral: Prince William is set for his trip to Japan and China. He will be in Japan from 26th Feb-1st March. Then China from 1st March to the 4th.

@RoyalCentral: Cities visited in China will include Beijing, Shanghai and Xishuangbanna in Yunnan province.
I suspect it will be a packed few days in Japan and China.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

Hhaa,a I' sorry. But boy will we have trouble with that location name!! :O
Old 02-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Royal Highness

William in Japan must meet the Imperial Family.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
William in Japan must meet the Imperial Family.
I am sure the Crown Prince and possibly, the Crown Princess, will receive Prince William in Tokyo.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I am sure the Crown Prince and possibly, the Crown Princess, will receive Prince William in Tokyo.
I really hope so. That would be nice. And good to build contacts :)
Old 02-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William coming to China, AsiaOne Asia News
Quote:
Britain's Duke of Cambridge, Prince William, is scheduled to visit Beijing, Shanghai and Yunnan province starting on March 1, the incoming British ambassador to China, Barbara Janet Woodward, announced on Wednesday in London.

It will be the first visit to the Chinese mainland by a member of the British royal family in almost three decades.

One of the highlights of William's visit will be the Great Festival of Creativity in Shanghai, where he will highlight Britain's contributions to commercial creativity, Woodward said at a Chinese New Year reception, according to sources at the event.

The festival, based at Shanghai's Long Museum, West Bund, runs from March 2 to 4 and will be led by the prince. It will show UK innovation at its best in sectors such as fashion, luxury retail, health, technology and entertainment, and seek opportunities for UK companies to break into China.

The prince is also likely to visit a Shanghai research and development centre of Huawei, the telecommunications network and services provider.

A wildlife conservationist, Prince William will also head to Southwest China's Yunnan province to visit wild elephants and promote wildlife protection, Woodward said.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Hidden horror of William's elephant sanctuary: Plea to Prince to cancel trip to Chinese park... where animals are forced to perform degrading tricks and have tusks sawn off | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-15-2015, 08:30 AM
Royal Highness

How horrible. If you just read a few lines though this is not the place he will be visiting, this is a place close to where he'll be visiting..... DM journalism at it's best ......
Old 02-15-2015, 08:44 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
As William is going to be there representing the UK and his monarch, I seriously doubt that it will be the time and place for William to stand up and make a personal observation and opinion on what he sees anywhere he goes in China. It may, however, give rise to what he'd like to present to his own personal endeavors to make changes to. Its my belief that cancelling a trip to this park because of what may be going on there would be the wrong move. Seeing is believing and it is in believing that one finds things that need changed.

Is it just me or did anyone do a double take on the picture of William in that article? The resemblance to Edward really stands out for me.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

First off- the animal abuse is appalling- and makes me sick to my stomach!
Secondly, that's not where William's going, so I have no issue with it. ( Him going where he's going.)
I can sure see the problem if William went to the other place- the message it would send- that he endorses cruelty. Which I know he does not. Even so, if he went there, it would send out the wrong message.

I do wish however, that he could visit these animals. Let me explain myself- first let these beings- I have trouble calling those who torture animals brutally people, or human - know that it is not OK.
Second- if done in the correct way, far from endorsing such things, it brings awareness- it got us talking- didn't it?- and until now I didn't know about circus elephant abuse in China- exposes the torture, and works to end it.
Same reasons I wish Catherine and William would/ could visit a EE orphanage for disabled children.
As much as I love animals, deplore animal abusers, and applaud William for his efforts, I do wish he would / could work a little more on the orphanage issue. I just do not understand- people applaud William for spending time saving elephants, yet when I suggest he spend time saving EE orphanage children, people are against him doing so because of politics. And going to such places does not mean you condone them- for ex. Diana did. She did not condone them. But that's a different thread... Just saying...
Old 02-17-2015, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William's China Tour Prep Gathers Pace
Quote:
A photo exhibition has opened in China ahead of Prince William's visit next month.

The Duke of Cambridge - who does a lot of work for wildlife conservation - will be visiting the country from March 2-4 and he will now be able to take in pictures from the winners of the 2014 British Wildlife Photography Awards (BWPA) at Beijing's Natural History Museum.

Andrew Key, Chargé d'Affaires of the British Embassy, said: "The photographs include magnificent shots of wildlife that showcase the peaceful co-existence of humans and nature. I am glad that we are able to bring these photographs to a Chinese audience, in advance of the visit of the Duke of Cambridge, who has a keen interest in wildlife conservation."
Old 02-17-2015, 11:24 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
To me, this is a stroke of genius. It very diplomatically links William to his work in conservation of wildlife without him having to make any kind of statement that would or could be deemed political.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-17-2015, 11:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
To me, this is a stroke of genius. It very diplomatically links William to his work in conservation of wildlife without him having to make any kind of statement that would or could be deemed political.
I agree. I wonder if this is on part of this new PR person. If all that has happened (concerning D&DoC, not the rest of the family) is the work of the new PR person/team they will do very much good for them!
Old 02-17-2015, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

I also agree that it is an ingenious way of highlight William's concern and interest for wildlife conservation and the Chargé d'Affaires of the British Embassy was very clever with his words.
It is good to get some information rolling about this visit.

Tags
china, duke of cambridge, japan, william