The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-14-2014, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

United for Wildlife already has Yao Ming as an ambassador. With the new collaboration with the NBA maybe they are getting Lebron too. The photos from after the game should be fun. Lebron is going to make William and Kate look tiny.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 11-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I see no need for that. They've met those that occupy it currently, so I'm glad the trip will not have that on the agenda.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Yeah I know they have met President Obama & First Lady Mrs. Obama, but I just thought it would've been nice for them to go to the White House and perhaps have dinner or lunch. It would've been great. Perhaps in the future though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post
I don't think that's true. The laws are very specific in the States about importing/selling/buying ivory. Anyone would have to be a fool to break the law. I can't imagine ivory is that precious that you would risk jail time. Better to import drugs. Less risk.

Anyway, sounds like William and Kate will be VERY busy for those three days. I'm looking forward to it. They will get massive airtime and we will see photos of every outfit Kate wears, along with William's collection of navy blue suits!
One of many reports published in the last month about the fact that US is the 2nd largest market

Illegal Ivory Trade: US Authorities Target American Auction Houses

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 28m 28 minutes ago
Not very impressed that KP have tweeted a press release not sent to the press first. Someone's screwed up. Grrrr...
Oh the horror. LOL. In our social media dense world, what does it matter to anyone but the press that the press get something first.

Oh and, window washers across New York have been asked to not dangle helplessly during the visit.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think that if there was a tie in between United for Wildlife and/or the White House and the Obamas, it could have possibly been scheduled to fit in with the trip. IIRC, on one of Harry's tours of the US, he met with Michelle Obama for a luncheon event I believe. It tied in with his purpose of being there.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 11-14-2014, 10:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think that if there was a tie in between United for Wildlife and/or the White House and the Obamas, it could have possibly been scheduled to fit in with the trip. IIRC, on one of Harry's tours of the US, he met with Michelle Obama for a luncheon event I believe. It tied in with his purpose of being there.
I agree, if there was a link between the Obama's and United for Wildlife, they probably would have gone over to the White House.

It's going to be good to see them here in the US again. Imagine how crazy it would be if they came during the summer with Prince George for a tour.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Video from USA Today

Royals expert talks about Will and Kate's visit
Old 11-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
^^^William may shock us and go with a grey!!!!!
Don't know if my poor heart could take that!! Seriously though, I wish William dressed as well as his father. Charles has always had a great collection of suits. I love the checks and plaids he wears. I remember back when he was married to Diana and all the American news people would go on and on about HER clothes, one reporter mentioned on-air that he thought Charles was the best dresser of the two and I agreed. He's still a pretty snazzy dresser, IMO.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Who wants to bet that Wills will bust out the dad jeans for the NBA game?

Old 11-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post

For sure!!
Old 11-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:

And Kate with her 'Mom Jeans' lol
Old 11-16-2014, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

You know he will and he'll be wearing the same belt as always.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 30m 30 minutes ago
William and Kate's trip to the States will be funded 3 ways -- public money (Sovereign Grant); their charitable foundation; +St Andrews Uni

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Why Sain Andrews????
Old 11-17-2014, 03:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 59m 59 minutes ago
.@univofstandrews says after costs they hope gala dinner will raise a 7 figure sum for student scholarships + research and teaching money.

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 1h 1 hour ago
.@univofstandrews says their contribution to William and Kate's USA trip comes from the general budget for their 600th Benefit Dinner in NY.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-17-2014, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

This is 600th Anniversary of founding of St Andrews and William is Patron of that.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-17-2014, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge and World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim to Open the Third Meeting of the World Bank’s International Corruption Hunters Alliance
Quote:
WASHINGTON, November 17, 2014 - The World Bank Group will host the third Biennial Meeting of the International Corruption Hunters Alliance (ICHA 2014) between December 8- 10, 2014 at its headquarters in Washington, D.C. As part of his work as United for Wildlife President, the Duke of Cambridge will join World Bank Group President, Jim Yong Kim at the opening session to address more than 300 corruption experts, heads and senior members of anti-corruption and prosecuting agencies; and representatives of international organizations from more than 120 countries.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

LeBron James greet Prince William and Kate Middleton at NBA match in New York | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Basketball bosses are 'beside themselves with excitement' at Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge attending an NBA game, MailOnline has learned.

The Duke and Duchess will watch the Cleveland Cavaliers take on the Brooklyn Nets during their three-day visit to New York next month.

The decision by the couple to attend the match means they should be able to watch LeBron James, currently America's biggest sports star, in action.

NBA brass believe that the image of the royal couple at the match at Brooklyn's Barclays Center will be shown around the world, helping the sport gain new fans.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

This should be a fun trip but very busy for them. I bet little George will go with his nanny to Bucklebury.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:39 PM
Gentry

Photographers reminded to 'dress up' if they wish to photograph Will & Kate in the US.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...source=twitter